Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    The trinket, like many others, has a 10 second ICD to avoid overlapping. I have not got concrete evidence that this is a fact, but in all the experience I have with it I am confident enough in saying that this is the case.

Personally I think the ICD isn't there to avoid overlapping but more to provide you with a time frame in which to wait before killing yourself when it doesn't proc.

Vendoring this trinket will be the sweetest feeling.

Deleted
    so ive been wondering.

how do you actually play sub right now ?

do you play for Maximum FW Uptime ? Or do you use Vanish Into Shadowdance like you do on Pull the whole Fight ?

So why people keep writing on forums about canceling trinket before ring explodes while bursting?
    If it never gives u dps boost

Deleted
    Simple maths, you either let it empower your ring explosion or contribute into it. If trinket procs too early, so it would take away too much ring explosion (nothing to empower), you cancel it. There is WA somewhere around, but you can also play it 50:50, its kinda intuitive and you wont lose too much. On pull it always proc 3-4 seconds before ring explosion, so you never cancel it.

Deleted
    This PDF explains the best time to cancel Spirit Shift when the Maalus buff is active. https://www.dropbox.com/s/6eiwqvahdc...ng1.0.pdf?dl=0

It explains in full with the maths behind it as to why cancelling Spirit Shift at that point is a DPS increase.

Ye its kinda helpfull but i didnt quite understood the table in the end of that PDF
    Does it mean whole calculation in the table of that pdf based around 1 second?

Coz timing-range when u need to cancel buff varies from 4 sec to 5 for all item levels
    of ring and trinket. Thats it lol?

How its translates to human language in combat in 2 words? =)

If capacitor lets say proccs 7 seconds before maalus explodes - we dont cancel?
    IF capacitor proccs 4.5sec before maalus expldes - we cancel?
    IF capacitor proccs 2 sec before maalus explodes - we dont cancel?

Quote Originally Posted by Seaintothesky View Post
    How its translates to human language in combat in 2 words? =)

If capacitor lets say proccs 7 seconds before maalus explodes - we dont cancel?
    IF capacitor proccs 4.5sec before maalus expldes - we cancel?
    IF capacitor proccs 2 sec before maalus explodes - we dont cancel?
    That is not how to interpret the "intersect" time given (the number between 4 and 5 seconds).

The way to think about it is like this:

Intersect number = i
    Time x = time when ring explodes
    at time x if there is i or less seconds left on soul cap, you cancel it (cancel it before the ring explodes)

You can use my spreadsheet to calculate your intersect time:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Sinist; 2016-02-01 at 07:56 PM.

The main thing that can cause a big loss of Damage is letting a trinket overlap the ring explosion. This is because not letting the trinket explode into the ring only allows you to gain the dmg buff from the ring (44%, and the trinket 41%) You miss out on the 44% explosion from all the dmg you did during the trinket proc. By canceling the trinket right before the ring explodes you gain the two flat dmg buffs and the explosion for another 44% dmg. The main thing to think about when holding on to a trinket proc during a ring proc is "Can I do more damage during the remainder of my trinket than the ring would give me through the explosion".
    Last edited by Neeks13; 2016-02-01 at 09:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurinth View Post
    Can some more people confirm if it can proc back to back please?
    It can.

morechars

I have never seen Soul Cap proc back to back after I have canceled it early.
    I have multiple times seen Soul Cap proc back to back after letting it run its full duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Neeks13 View Post
    The main thing to think about when holding on to a trinket proc during a ring proc is "Can I do more damage during the remainder of my trinket than the ring would give me through the explosion".
    You can never know, thats the problem. Crit evics and ambushes in theory can mess up ur maths i think. Coz in equations we assume we do linear damage, but on live we can see things
    like *ambush crit on every hit* things. So if we cancel trinket we may loose these
    hypothetical critical ambushes in trinket