Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Still a sewer. Blizzard knew that they ticked a lot of rogues with it off but we also know that it's too late to change anything, so they try to make it as nice as possible. But still a sewer...

and sorry, even now it's far from AMAZING, it's still very crappy compared to other halls. And not to forget: still a sewer...
    I fail to see why it matters that its a sewer. Rogues are sneaky and in the shadows. Hell, the TMNT's lived in the sewer. Seems fine to me, but thats just my 2c.

I feel a lot of what makes this class hall so hard to swallow is that much of the lore/flavor given to rogues for years up until Legion's "CLASS/SPEC FANTASY" boner is not that of a thug who has to hide in the dark. Being an outcast who had to convene in the basement of a musty out of the way bar was a warlock thing.

Rogues were like secret agents, Alliance had SI:7, Forsaken had the Deathstalkers, Orcs had the Shattered Hand (not the sadist pale orc one), all races would end up in Ravenholdt at some point, etc. The rogue was more about espionage. It was more about doing the jobs that warriors and paladins didn't have the finesse for, than being thugs and criminals. I know the Uncrowned is supposed to scratch that secret agent itch somewhat, but I can see where rogues would feel miffed about suddenly being forced to convene in a place typically associated in fiction with untouchables.

I know that I used to fancy the combat rogue with the fencer/duelist archetype and now Blizzard says, "NEIGH. YEH ARE A PIRATE LASS, YA SHOOT A PISTOL AND YE BRIBE FELLERS AND DRINK RUM FIRE CANNONS AT LAND LUBBERS AND YO HO HO HO." That really pissed me off. Also, apparently subtlety rogues are now ninjas! SHADOW CLONE JUTSU. SHADOW TECHNIQUES. EXPLODING (how very subtle!) CLONES! I'd be fine with all this new flash if it were a little less, "flavored", so to speak. Like, having a pistol shot for the comba...err OUTLAW rogue is fine, but when you add in CANNON BARRAGES, and PARLEY, and "ROLL THE BONES", it completely removes the imagination from the spec and makes it into a caricature. Sub is less egregious in my mind than Outlaw but it probably needs to have it's name changed to something else, there's nothing subtle about summoning clones that explode.
    Last edited by Weaponized Nuclear Kitten; 2016-01-29 at 12:16 AM.

The only thing I don't like about it being dalaran sewers is it will not stand the passage of time. Having it be in Dalaran after a new city hub is dubbed will take away from the theme of it significantly. Whereas, something like the warrior or paladin class hall will always feel "right" no matter what is going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the sewer!
    You're a towel.

Are there any videos yet of the revamped hall?

Looks good. Now maybe people will finally stfu about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Are there any videos yet of the revamped hall?
    WoWhead and a few other places have screenshots but I don't think I've seen a video of the new version yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    WoWhead and a few other places have screenshots but I don't think I've seen a video of the new version yet.

It's really not very different, the entrance is changed, the artifact forge is changed, the rest of the layout is about the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not amazing, but an improvement.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    I'm much more pleased with the class order hall now. Plenty of improvement.
    Only thing missing now imo is some sort of mechanism to make sure non-rogues can't enter. Would be cool if every non-rogue who entered got sapped and kicked out my uncrowned rogues or perhaps even killed.
    Pretty sure you need to be a rogue to open the door, as you need to flash an insgina to the guy manning the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Weaponized Nuclear Kitten View Post
    I feel a lot of what makes this class hall so hard to swallow is that much of the lore/flavor given to rogues for years up until Legion's "CLASS/SPEC FANTASY" boner is not that of a thug who has to hide in the dark. Being an outcast who had to convene in the basement of a musty out of the way bar was a warlock thing.

Rogues were like secret agents, Alliance had SI:7, Forsaken had the Deathstalkers, Orcs had the Shattered Hand (not the sadist pale orc one), all races would end up in Ravenholdt at some point, etc. The rogue was more about espionage. It was more about doing the jobs that warriors and paladins didn't have the finesse for, than being thugs and criminals. I know the Uncrowned is supposed to scratch that secret agent itch somewhat, but I can see where rogues would feel miffed about suddenly being forced to convene in a place typically associated in fiction with untouchables.

I know that I used to fancy the combat rogue with the fencer/duelist archetype and now Blizzard says, "NEIGH. YEH ARE A PIRATE LASS, YA SHOOT A PISTOL AND YE BRIBE FELLERS AND DRINK RUM FIRE CANNONS AT LAND LUBBERS AND YO HO HO HO." That really pissed me off. Also, apparently subtlety rogues are now ninjas! SHADOW CLONE JUTSU. SHADOW TECHNIQUES. EXPLODING (how very subtle!) CLONES! I'd be fine with all this new flash if it were a little less, "flavored", so to speak. Like, having a pistol shot for the comba...err OUTLAW rogue is fine, but when you add in CANNON BARRAGES, and PARLEY, and "ROLL THE BONES", it completely removes the imagination from the spec and makes it into a caricature. Sub is less egregious in my mind than Outlaw but it probably needs to have it's name changed to something else, there's nothing subtle about summoning clones that explode.
    So don't take Roll the bones, or cannon barrage?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it looks pretty cool, but I'm confused about Tess Greymane's presence there. Was she ever established as being a strong rogue?

Ok this is a much better improvement. I actually like the idea of the Apothecary under Dalaran as well, anything with actual undeads and plot is good with me. Ravenholt has his rightful place as leader and toss out "the hood" all of which I approve. If Vancleef is really dead then w/e I would have approved her 'cheat death'. Over all I think these are steps in the right place, we have our own entrance and actual lore rich relics and notable npcs. Hopefully the quests and ongoing storylines are well devloped and I won't have to switch to DK main.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

Looks like Lord Jorach Ravenholdt is the leader of the Uncrowned now instead of Garona. Unless I'm mistaken, Garona used to be the one at the head of the table giving the quests.

Okay totally taking credit for the lore changes! I made this topic awhile ago, almost all of the lore changes were suggested by me or others in this topic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4775171?page=1

7+ Year Old Account
    This looks MUCH better than their first pass at it.

Could still afford to make it more extravagant, but this will do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    I really, really like it! The whole 'secret entrances' thing is already ticklin' me, but I dig the overall vibe of the whole thing a lot. SECRET ORDER. BADGES. SPOOKY TREASURE.

Excited!

So did they wipe some of the poo off the walls?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyres View Post
    I do think they improved it a bit makes it look more blended in but it will never be as good as a revamped Ravenholt.
    Ravenholdt is cool and all from a lore perspective, archetypal thieves' guild and all that... but the actual Ravenholdt is just a generic human building.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

So, Vanessa is officialy dead then? I mean, they could've used her instead of Tess Greymane, which could obviously be used for something else. Oh well.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love it personally!
    Last edited by Therris; 2016-01-29 at 05:49 AM.
    There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish
    I will do what I must to keep the balance!

Horde:Driefal-Cravius-Ristir-RonedSenthes