Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

The Rogue Timewalking Gear-up Thread

So, I thought it would be nice to have a thread where people can discuss what gear they are planning on using for the Timewalker Dungeons.

FYI:
    Q: Does gear scale UP to the appropriate item level as well? For example, if I have a weapon that is ilvl 156, but do the "Utgarde Keep" timewalker dungeon... will it scale up to ilvl 200?
    A: No. Gear does NOT scale up, it can only scale down.

My plan:

I will be going Combat.

I'm thinking this is my set: http://www.wowhead.com/list=6323125/timewalking-rogue .

I think trinkets, will be like Dadspancakes, below, says. See which procs you like, between Tiny Abom, Vial of Shadows, Deathbringers will, Wrath of Unchaining, etc. and keep which ones you prefer.

Tier 14 2 pc: Increase Sinister Strike Damage by 15% (Chest, Helm)
    Tier 9 2 pc: Increase Haste by 5% (Glove, Leg)
    Tier 6 2 pc: Haste from Slice and Dice increased by 5% (Probably Belt, and Boot)

I don't have the legendary cloak as I never played MoP, so I have to settle for a cloak with a couple gem slots. I also don't have the legendary meta gem.
    Last edited by Symphonic; 2015-06-04 at 10:07 PM.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Gear will NOT scale up. Glaives will only scale down for use in the BC timewalking fungeons

- - - Updated - - -

Also. For gear I plan on using:

Helm: T16 with Legendary meta from MoP
    Neck: Shattered Sun offensive rep neck (aldor exalted for the AP proc)
    Shoulder: T17
    Back: Legendary Cloak
    Chest: T17
    Bracer: T6
    Gloves: T16
    Belt: Any belt with 3 sockets
    Pants: Pants with 3 sockets
    Boots: T6
    Ring1: Ashen Verdict
    Ring2: WoD Legendary
    Trinkets: Abom in a Jar, DBW, Vial, AoC
    Weapons: Fangs, Heartrazor, Gloaming Blade

Basically I am going for an energy efficient build as sub (completely ignoring multistrike).

T6 2pc: 5% more haste from SnD
    T16 2pc: -15 energy to combo generating abilities when HaT procs
    T17 2pc: +60 energy upon using ShD

I am up in the air about the T17, I may be swimming in energy from the T16 2pc already. The trinkets I am also up in the air about. There are a lot of interesting/fun choices, I am pretty much just grabbing as many as I can so I can see what works best. I plan on primarily using fangs. However there are some interesting weapon procs out there that I plan on testing out to see how they work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadspancakes View Post
    Gear will NOT scale up. Glaives will only scale down for use in the BC timewalking fungeons
    So essentially people should have a set for BC if they plan on using gear less than ilvl 200 but higher than 150, and a set for WotLK, with at least ilvl 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    Is there any point in going to that much trouble? It doesn't sound like the dungeons will be particularly challenging.

I guess playing with the old tier bonuses can be fun.

I'll break out my Fangs for nostalgia's sake, but otherwise...
    I think what is fun about it to me is finding set bonuses or items with bonus effects and having them all be in one gear set. It sounds exciting!

Im running legend daggers,
    t14 head + legs.
    t6 belt, bracers, boots, chest.
    t7 gloves and shoulders.
    Legendary cloak, ring, shattered sun neck, ashen verdict ring.
    Going to use spine trinket + deathbringers will.
    This nets me:
    5% haste on SnD + 6% dmg from Sinister from t6.
    Another 15% dmg on sinister from t14.
    and 10% dmg on eviscerate from t7. This is interchangeable, but I cant decide what other two pieces is gonna be more worth it, perhps a set with more sockets?

Edit: Might actually run t16 due to 4 sockets +16agi set bonus. Over t7s 2x red + 2agi set bonus. Thinking that 56agi will be worth it over 22.
    Last edited by Mindscape; 2015-06-22 at 12:04 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    So Timewalking dungeons would be a good reason to go after Fangs of the Father I take it?

Some of you are much better about keeping old gear than I am.

I figured I'd grab my legendary cloak and daggers and go at it. One question: How would Fury of the Destroyer interact with the current combat 4-piece bonus? I'm seeing lots of wasted combo points in my future since I generally run dungeons as combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    See if AoC works, if it does (but it probably doesn't) you guys can be king.

DBW and STS without ArP hurt my eyes...
    Last edited by Artorius; 2015-06-22 at 01:03 PM.

Deleted
    I can't wait to use my warglaives and death bringers will again! I've also got most of my old rogue tier sets in my bank so I'll have to have a look what works best.

Most people have said if you run it in your current gear it's already faceroll, so short of legenaries, there's little point in going out of the way for other gear for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Glaives stay exactly the same in BC TW. They are on par with the level.

Deleted
    People who are multiplying up on sets are doing it wrong.
    for all those wanting the +5% haste from slice and dice - slice and dice affects attack speed now and thus the set no longer functions.
    aoc does not work.
    DBW is shit considering it gives +crit instead of ArP and the proc is average at best now.

Objectively the best set is:

4set t13 hc with full red sockets
    t16 helm with meta gem
    windseal necklace with socket with +multi
    legendary daggers
    relic of xuen (agi with agi proc)
    wrath of unchaining (stacking agi)
    boe 397 crafted bracers with 2 sockets + blacksmithing socket
    legendary ring
    ashen band of might
    legendary cloak
    agi > all

prove me wrong
    pro tip you cant
    Last edited by mmocf6315580c1; 2015-06-22 at 01:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Most people have said if you run it in your current gear it's already faceroll, so short of legenaries, there's little point in going out of the way for other gear for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Glaives stay exactly the same in BC TW. They are on par with the level.
    According to wowhead they will scale down to item level 95 from current 156

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    According to wowhead they will scale down to item level 95 from current 156
    I guess we'll just have to see the first weekend they're out because everything Blizzard has said is that only the level of things would scale down. That's pretty silly to scale things down that were from that expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawmerax View Post
    prove me wrong
    pro tip you cant
    Darkmoon Card Greatness > Relic of Xuen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    Darkmoon Card Greatness > Relic of Xuen.

Rekt 10char

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    So Timewalking dungeons would be a good reason to go after Fangs of the Father I take it?
    I think so. I paid my 10,000 gold about 3 weeks ago (I've run dragon soul heroic 25 3 times since getting the quest) and should complete that step this week. I am at 257/333. Which means I need 76 to move onto the next part. If I don't quite complete it, that means next week for sure I'll finish the quest and be able to start saving immediately for the next quest, because the gem clusters, if you don't open them, will stay in your inventory because they're the ones you need for the 60 you need for the last quest before the legendary daggers are rewarded. (You OPEN the clusters for the first quest that takes 333 gems. But the 60 requires the actual gem CLUSTER, not the gems inside. So that means it will actually take me more time than I thought. I'm trying to remember how many clusters I generally get each reset. Seems only around 10-12. Ew.

Also, one hint... because when I clear it on heroic 25, the first two times I made sure I was on heroic and killed everything up to warmaster blackhorn, but when talking to the guy to start spine of deathwing, he'd tell me I have to do everything on heroic to get to do spine.

SO, I made sure the next time I kept a piece of loot from each boss and sure enough, when I talked to the guy, I was able to do heroic spine. It is the strangest thing.
    Last edited by Symphonic; 2015-06-22 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    You should get Fangs of the Father now because they look awesome now that they don't have to be completely obscured by the Landslide enchant.

Cata rogues will know what I mean.
    That's more or less been the case for quite a while though, not just cata :P

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone using the legendary daggers noticing that the final proc is bugged and not giving cp's?
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

10+ Year Old Account
    So Tiny Abomination in a Jar is out of control. It proccs off Blade Flurry and it proccs Blade Flurry meaning it proccs itself to infinity and beyond. The biggest trash groups died in 1-2 seconds and I nearly disconnected with my screen filled with proccs, with dps reaching 100k+ (mobs don't live enough to reach any higher). Otherwise that rogue was shit geared... I'd love to have procc based weapons like No'kaled or something just to see what it would be like. O.o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post
    anyone using the legendary daggers noticing that the final proc is bugged and not giving cp's?
    Yes i got exactly the same problem, tried removing my Tier 17 4 set bonus (Coz they both work with refunding combo points, maybe they were bugging out) but that didn't work either. If any1 knows a solution please tell me.