Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Rogue Order Hall has been re-done in the latest build, and it is AMAZING!

The order hall has been significantly revamped and edited in this new build, and it's a lot better than before.

For example, here is how you enter it now:

See the rest of it here:

http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...g-legion-alpha

Not sure if I would call it amazing compared to some other class halls, but it looks okay and it fits the theme similar to the thieves guild in Skyrim.

Still a sewer. Blizzard knew that they ticked a lot of rogues with it off but we also know that it's too late to change anything, so they try to make it as nice as possible. But still a sewer...

and sorry, even now it's far from AMAZING, it's still very crappy compared to other halls. And not to forget: still a sewer...

Looks awesome!
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Well, it deffinetly looks less inconspicious than a sewer grate at the foot of the citadel.

Although I'm a bit sad that The Hood's not there anymore. =(

I'm still not happy with what it is compared with what it could have been. Rogues are as broad and un-unified class as warriors, and what would have made sense would be for Wrathion to gather rogues to Ravenholdt work for him against the Legion, in the same way Odyn recruits the warriors. The secret conspiracy thing still doesn't really work, and the sewer is still thoroughly less appealing than a hidden mansion full of all kinds of secret rooms, hidden stuff, so on.

That said, in all fairness, this new version looks much, much better than what there was before. Still disappointing, but tolerable now.

New uncrowned leader as well.

Which only fuels fire that Ravenholdt should have been rebuilt.

Wasn't feeling the first version, but this looks MUCH better. I think they captured the feeling of a secret under the city rogues guild perfectly. I had a hard time even recognizing the original dalaran sewers from those pictures.

Wow, it's even better now. Especially the forge, which looks almost exactly like class icon!

Much better than the boring manor which for some reason people are raving about.

Much better. Still lacking in size and rooms, but certainly a higher effort this build.

Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    I'm still not happy with what it is compared with what it could have been. Rogues are as broad and un-unified class as warriors, and what would have made sense would be for Wrathion to gather rogues to Ravenholdt work for him against the Legion, in the same way Odyn recruits the warriors. The secret conspiracy thing still doesn't really work, and the sewer is still thoroughly less appealing than a hidden mansion full of all kinds of secret rooms, hidden stuff, so on.

That said, in all fairness, this new version looks much, much better than what there was before. Still disappointing, but tolerable now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    New uncrowned leader as well.

Which only fuels fire that Ravenholdt should have been rebuilt.
    Will still never understand why you dorks want some tacky manor in a completely irrelevant zone because we had a couple quests there in vanilla and Cata.

Rogues are certainly a broad group, but that makes Dalaran more logical than Ravenholdt, which is an extremely narrow and focused group of mostly human thieves and assassins. Everyone (ninja shadow warriors, pirates, assassins, thieves, scouts, duelists, etc) has reason to be in Dalaran, is a major city and we are already using it to fight the Legion, so everyone is there anyway, for that, or because it represents a major source of income for things like thieves, a place to kick back and relax for pirates, etc.

What reason does a pirate have to be in a manor in the back hills of Forsaken held territory? Or a thief? There is no trade, no major port anymore, no targets to steal from, no intelligence for scouts to gather. Wrathion doesn't need Ravenholdt manor either. He was there because Fahrad was there and now Fahrad is dead, which is why Wrathion leaves the now useless manor and takes a large portion of Ravenholdt's forces with him as the Blacktalon Guard.

Why would he go back when the war he is fighting is on a different continent?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Much better. Still lacking in size and rooms, but certainly a higher effort this build.

Will still never understand why you dorks want some tacky manor in a completely irrelevant zone because we had a couple quests there in vanilla and Cata.

Rogues are certainly a broad group, but that makes Dalaran more logical than Ravenholdt, which is an extremely narrow and focused group of mostly human thieves and assassins. Everyone (ninja shadow warriors, pirates, assassins, thieves, scouts, duelists, etc) has reason to be in Dalaran, is a major city and we are already using it to fight the Legion, so everyone is there anyway, for that, or because it represents a major source of income for things like thieves, a place to kick back and relax for pirates, etc.

What reason does a pirate have to be in a manor in the back hills of Forsaken held territory? Or a thief? There is no trade, no major port anymore, no targets to steal from, no intelligence for scouts to gather. Wrathion doesn't need Ravenholdt manor either. He was there because Fahrad was there and now Fahrad is dead, which is why Wrathion leaves the now useless manor and takes a large portion of Ravenholdt's forces with him as the Blacktalon Guard.

Why would he go back when the war he is fighting is on a different continent?
    The Uncrowned is a secret organization that manipulates events with subterfuge, guile, and subtleness. A hideway in the mountains fits the theme of many pirates, ninjas, bandits and thieves. So you don't need a city to make it inclusive for everyone's idea of class fantasy.

I think it was a huge missed opportunity as most classes don't have a place like Hope's Chapel or Archerus like Rogues have with Ravenholdt.

They've done a great job with the feedback recieved considering that a fresh new location was not a realistic option.

The new entrance gives the apropiate feeling of secrecy that defines us (oposed to the feeling of clandestinity that the old entrance had). They've also placed a ton of known NPC's from different parts of the game, with representation for both horde and alliance, so is not like a bunch of random rogues doing silly stuff... like the stupidity of having some guys in a boat inside a sewer on a floating city.

But they did not only change the looks, they also changed some of the lore. The new council makes more sense, having Jorach Ravenholdt leading is way more apropiate than Garona and can be seen as a continuation from Ravenholdt's lore. We don't have to do any kind of silly ritual to join them, although i think they can still improve that part of the quest (some of the texts are still the old ones even if they changed the NPC). We no longer use a forge stolen from Khadgar to upgrade our artifact, instead we use something stolen from someone else but more related to our class.

So yes, it's still a sewer, but it no longer feels and looks like a den of thieves hidden in a sewer, no longer feels like they are treating the class like some kind of criminal, but instead it actually looks like a secret base under the city.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

I do think they improved it a bit makes it look more blended in but it will never be as good as a revamped Ravenholt. Also I'm still not happy that they just ripped away part of Dalaran that used to be open to all players to make a class hall. At least with the mage one while it does replace the fountain there is still an area everyone can go to and the mage class hall is located in the new tower, not shutting off part of the sewers or the entire sewers area that used to be open to all palyers.

Deleted
    This is perfect. Really stoked for Legion. Hope they manage to fix our rotation in the year of time before release!

Deleted
    Mfw I cannot find the entrance anymore ;__;

New entrance is cool but adding a few doodads to the sewer doesn't change the fact that it's a sewer
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Texdawg View Post
    Mfw I cannot find the entrance anymore ;__;
    It's in a shop on the opposite side of the city.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    It's in a shop on the opposite side of the city.
    There's another entrance in the cheese/wine shop too.

Deleted
    By the way, this might be a silly question but how do I even start Subtlety Artifact Weapon quest? I already saw a guy with those daggers and there is even one YouTube movie from 5 hours ago, but for the love of God I don't have any quest in questlog, npcs doesn't offer me any either.
    Last edited by mmoc1c6afc9785; 2016-01-28 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Recuiem View Post
    There's another entrance in the cheese/wine shop too.
    Ooo multiple entrances. It's a small detail but I think it really adds to the whole secret organization fantasy.