Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Would love some great advice from people if anyone can help. I did silver runs when WoD first came out but took a break before BRF and just recently came back. The old group we used was:
    Prot Warrior, Frost DK, Destro Warlock, Frost Mage, Resto Druid

However the current group we are going to try for gold will be
    Enhance Shaman, Survival/Marksmen Hunter, Discipline Priest

We were going to use a blood death knight for a tank and a random DPS for the last slow. My question is how good is our current comp and is there any advice that can be given to us in regards to gear, like is there a specific trinket each class should have or something like that.
    Mirror of the blademaster - use that tinket on every class that can equip it and it will carry you

You'll have a much easier time if the Hunter goes Beast Mastery, the amount of consistent AoE is much better than Survival or Marksman. As far as trinkets go, the 665 BoEs generally scale really well in Challenge Modes, and agility DPS would benefit a lot from having the Mirror of the Blademaster to destroy the big trash pulls.

Just remember to use potions liberally, make sure your trinkets are all up at good times, and you should be perfectly fine with that comp.

For some reason my group had a significantly easier time in WoD CM's than we did in MoP CM's -- exact same group with the exception of one person. We did half before blademasters and half after -- blademaster trinket definitely makes things a lot easier, but they're not too bad even without.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for the advice, my last question are these two.

1. Just confirming but CM weapons will be BoA?
    2. Would a second hunter with the Mirror of the Blademaster trinket be good? So an enhance shaman + 2 hunters OR enhance shaman, BM hunter, warlock/elemental shaman?

According to recent news if you completed WoD golds you'll be able to get tokens that can be redeemed by any of your account characters for the CM weapons -- someone correct me if I'm wrong.

A second hunter with another mirror would be good -- the more mirrors the easier it's going to be, at least assuming the second hunter you're considering is similar in skill to the other options.

Last piece of advice: dont' get discouraged if you get your ass handed to you a couple times when you first begin them -- once you get a rhythm down, you'll coast to golds; the only real rough patch is when you're getting a feel for how your group is going to work when scaled down, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greylan View Post
    According to recent news if you completed WoD golds you'll be able to get tokens that can be redeemed by any of your account characters for the CM weapons -- someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Yes, this was recently confirmed. If you've done the golds on one character in WoD then the weapon transmogs will be able to be unlocked on all your chars come Legion or possibly the pre-patch for Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Yes, this was recently confirmed. If you've done the golds on one character in WoD then the weapon transmogs will be able to be unlocked on all your chars come Legion or possibly the pre-patch for Legion.
    I wish they'd do this with the MOP Challenge Mode sets

Quote Originally Posted by Greylan View Post
    For some reason my group had a significantly easier time in WoD CM's than we did in MoP CM's -- exact same group with the exception of one person. We did half before blademasters and half after -- blademaster trinket definitely makes things a lot easier, but they're not too bad even without.
    With having no experience in WoD cms until this past week or two I would agree that WoD cms are easier than MoP cms. I did the cms for both MoP late so had it easier with gem stacking, plus benefited from Mirror shenanigans for WoD (currently 7/8 gold). One reason I think WoD cms are easier is because of them having a lot less bosses that are actually dangerous when compared to MoP. Seems MoP had a lot more bosses that had massive amounts of stuff to not stand in due to it one shotting you or dangerous dot stuff (thinking of things like MSP or SoNT). I also honestly feel like timers were more punishing in MoP imo. Unless UBRS will surprise me I haven't run into anything like the awful timer for gold SSB, never once in WoD.

Another thing that makes WoD cms that much more easier in comparison to MoP is how grounding totem can be used to cheese entire boss encounters, or at least part of the fight. For example, in Auchindoun you can simply stand in the light on the ground, drop totem and have everyone stack on you, then just watch the boss melt. In Grimrail you can also do the same thing for the second boss by having 3 people stack on the totem in the fire to give the cannon 9 stacks of +fire damage debuffs and have someone basically one shot the cannon with one of the cannons on the side. One last thing, and correct me if I'm remembering wrong, but I don't think MoP cms had rez checkpoints if you died. You simply ran back from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Unless UBRS will surprise me I haven't run into anything like the awful timer for gold SSB, never once in WoD.
    UBRS is very forgiving, the reason most people do it last is simply because it's about double the length of other CMs and far more annoying to learn. Timer wise, it's actually one of the easiest WoD ones to beat(most are generally easy though IMO). Pretty sure on my first gold run of UBRS last year we wiped twice and still beat the timer by 20s.

I've created a guide on Wowhead that outlines the use of Grounding Totem, Dark Sim, Deterrence and Spell Reflect in WoD Challenge Modes. Some of the tips make a HUGE difference on your timer, which is why I compiled this from a number of sources. On my challenge mode attempts, some of these tips made Gold achievable with our comp (which didn't include a DK except for one dungeon).

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=3941/gr...hallenge-modes

Hope it helps!
    Last edited by dreadmist; 2016-02-19 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadmist View Post
    I've created a guide on Wowhead that outlines the use of Grounding Totem, Dark Sim, Deterrence and Spell Reflect in WoD Challenge Modes. Some of the tips make a HUGE difference on your timer, which is why I compiled this from a number of sources. On my challenge mode attempts, some of these tips made Gold achievable with our comp (which didn't include a DK except for one dungeon).

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=3941/gr...hallenge-modes

Hope it helps!
    I second this. My first run of Grimrail gold I had an annoying time with the second boss (Not due to numbers just had a real hard time keeping track of the boomer adds that dropped the only useful item to use against the boss' cannon). Freaking wind pushing you back, mobs running around, possible fire on the floor near you, getting targetted by surpressive fire, and a bunch of useless items scattered on the floor mixed in with the actual homing missiles you need to use for the cannon. Time and damage suffered a lot simply due to that cluster*%^# of a phase. If I had known what I knew in my second group & how my totem would totally cheese that phase I could have avoided the frustration and kick from my first group & easily cleared it.

Off topic: Does grounding not work in mythic dungeons when cheesing boss mechanics? They're way easy to do so don't really need the tricks but it would make valor runs slightly faster. However, when dropping my totem in the fire from Grimrail's second boss & the lightning from the 3rd both abilities still kept putting stacks on my toon & did not put fire stacks on the cannon or allow my group & I to stand in the lightning. Using it on the adds during the Ner'zhul encounter also didn't damage the skelly who walked through it.