Thread: Tea Consent

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I don't get what your personal opinion on abortion has to do with anything.
    No, I'm talking about actual child murder, not abortion.
    The majority of children, that are murdered, are murdered by their mothers.

I guess you missed all the guys who are like "I just got caught up in the moment and before I knew it..." as their defense/excuse.
    The vast majority of rapes are done by a minority of rapists, this portion is almost exclusively reporting high on the dark triad of traits (I.E they are sociopaths) - So thus this video is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Eh, shit happens, you've been drinking a couple brews and you gotta run to take a piss, half your glass left on the counter. Alcohol impaires your thinking, so it really shouldn't be surprise that people make simple mistakes when drinking.
    I would only leave my drink at a table if my friends were there.

Eh, shit happens, you've been drinking a couple brews and you gotta run to take a piss, half your glass left on the counter. Alcohol impaires your thinking, so it really shouldn't be surprise that people make simple mistakes when drinking.
    Which begs the next question, why get that impaired alone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

It's really not hard to understand...
    Maybe I like having tea while I am asleep. Sometimes it is great to be woken up mid tea.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjavitis View Post
    I take it a step further. It's not a good idea to get that impaired, ever. So for all those "How to not rape someone" suggestions, here's a simple "How to not get raped" suggestion, according to their own judgment that drinking alcohol excuses you of responsibility: Don't drink it. If these feminists want to claim that alcohol impairs you so badly you are unable to properly consent, maybe you shouldn't drink it. I know, such a bizarre idea.

When you're crossing the road, it's best to look both ways. If you don't take that extra precaution, it's not fair to say you couldn't have prevented the incident on your own.

Instructions were unclear, ended up raping my entire block.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I'm talking to a bunch of people who don't actually drink.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    I take it a step further. It's not a good idea to get that impaired, ever. So for all those "How to not rape someone" suggestions, here's a simple "How to not get raped" suggestion, according to their own judgment that drinking alcohol excuses you of responsibility: Don't drink it. If these feminists want to claim that alcohol impairs you so badly you are unable to properly consent, maybe you shouldn't drink it. I know, such a bizarre idea.

When you're crossing the road, it's best to look both ways. If you don't take that extra precaution, it's not fair to say you couldn't have prevented the incident on your own.
    Riiiight, victim blaming: "If you didn't want to get raped, why'd you get drunk?" I bet you're just a smash at parties.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

- - - Updated - - -

Riiiight, victim blaming: "If you didn't want to get raped, why'd you get drunk?" I bet you're just a smash at parties.
    Thats not victim blaming, its being practical. Getting smashed has tons of negative side effects on life, and I'm not even talking about rape, assault, of violence.

- - - Updated - - -

Or you know, people who drink responsibly. And telling someone to be responsible is not victim blaming. Go to a party full of strangers or a bar, alone, and get black out drunk, then get taken advantage of? And say you're not the least bit responsible? Tell ya what. I'm a guy. A bigger guy. Wanna know how many of those things I wouldn't do? ALL OF THEM. If I'm going to drink alone, I'm doing it in my own home. If I'm going to go to a party full of strangers, alone, I'm sure as hell not going to drink. Sure not all situations are preventable, but some are. You know there are disgusting people out there looking to take advantage of people, weaker people or ones with their guard down. So why make yourself vulnerable? It doesn't fucking make sense. In a perfect world, disgusting people like that wouldn't exist. But guess what, we don't live in a perfect, and never will. You can't walk out into the jungle with a fresh steak hanging around your neck and then get angry when you get mauled by a tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Thats not victim blaming, its being practical. Getting smashed has tons of negative side effects on life, and I'm not even talking about rape, assault, of violence.
    Whoa, hey now. Remember, we live in a world where people shouldn't have to take responsibility for their actions!

Deleted
    Saying A, a tiny amount of alcohol makes women completely incapable of higher function, but not B, so they shouldn't drink - is some kind of...
    Well It ain't bright.

You can't walk out into the jungle with a fresh steak hanging around your neck and then get angry when you get mauled by a tiger.
    I have to agree with a lot of what's said in this post.

People on the other side of that argument have one mode: the victim is entirely innocent and free of any responsibility and anyone who says otherwise is an asshole. If you argue against this notion, you are victim blaming. There is no middle ground. And it's an interesting thing because this absolute lack of middle ground only applies to sexual assault subjects, basically.

It's not necessarily victim blaming or saying the victim is responsible per se. No matter what the situation, the person who raped you is still a criminal and what they did is wrong and inexcusable. Yet that doesn't mean you're absolved entirely from your choices.

We understand this perfectly in the scenario of a rich man in an Armani suit and a Rolex walking down a dark alley in the worst part of town - when he gets mugged, his muggers are still the criminals and he is still the victim, and it shouldn't have happened. But we'd all raise our eyebrows at the guy for this choice.

The girl who decides to go to a frat party and get completely wasted, well, the people who assault her are still criminals, and she's still the victim of a crime that should be punished. At the same time, she also made a poor choice.

But there's no ability to get that middle ground of understanding, and so there's a massive wall of "STILL NOT ASKING FOR IT!" memes rather than genuine education that, yes, in a perfect world these things wouldn't happen, but we don't live in a perfect world, and you have to monitor your choices and that has absolutely nothing to do with a "rape culture." There will never be a time or place on planet Earth where you will not have to be aware of the choices you make, whether it be a subject of rape, assault, theft, you name it.