Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    PvP is a joke, come on.
    PvE is a joke, come on.

What are you basing this meaningless statement on? More people play pvp than raids, so the only arbitrary yet factual information is against your little linear corridor filled with scripted dummies.

Current MM is incredibly fun to play in pvp, and that's my opinion, yes. I expect heavy changes to alpha MM in few areas to become enjoyable, the priorities fluid, and the mechanics overall interesting.

In my opinion, this would be a good start
    -removing marked debuff
    -kill shot back, its hp % range determined by vulnerability stack
    -casting time of aimed shot to 2,5 or 3 seconds with increased damage
    -adding passive regeneration back, or lowering exhilaration cd significantly
    -2 charges on turtle with 4 second duration each charge
    -greater emphasis on arcane shot focus regeneration, slower baseline focus regeneration, perhaps a talent to switch
    -arcane shot renamed and changed to a physical shot, maybe a talent to bring arcane shot back
    Last edited by mmoc1c1d6a1668; 2016-02-06 at 11:57 AM.

starting to really question my choice of class now

I love the changes. Came here - surprised to see everyone whining. But of course people hate change, even if it's mostly for the better. Marks much more engaging, survival actually is unique now, and BM... well who plays bm anyway.

I have never played anything other than bm... Really hoping that bm is still viable for pvp in Legion.

I tested all three specs and these are my thoughts:
    SV - I will NEVER play melee, so for me hunter have only two specs
    BM - stampede is a joke right now ;] but in overall nice changes. Main problem for me is the lack of focus generatiig shot/skill like old good cobra. Sometimes I don't have nothing to click...
    MM - I hated this spec since Firelands. But now looks promising. Nice, fresh look. Interesting skills and mechanics. Still requires a lot of work but for me is top spec right now.

Finally appears to be something different in play style between three specs and I love it

Thoughts so far (just by reading feedback, since I don't have alpha access):

SV: I really liked that spec since I had to switch from BM with 3.0.8. As soon as I heard about the change to melee with no option to have it still be ranged (like a talent to throw those spears) I switched back to BM. I have other classes with melee specs for that. Feedback so far suggests that there is a severe lack of mobility and survivability(!), which drives me further away.
    MM: I never liked that spec. Had to have it for Beth'tilac hc, dropped it later again. First iteration in alpha had no pet, so I kept being not interested. Now it has it back, I keep seeing "turret syndrome" and "debuff maintenance" and "tunneling" ...
    BM: No focus generator?! Who gets those bright ideas and why isn't he/she shut down when this gets discussed in their meetings? Stampede as a skillshot with 3 min CD?

And after 11 years of having THE BEST CC - ice trap - they remove it from all but SV? I couldn't care less for the other traps, but at least give the ice arrow of WotLK back then, if there may not be anythng resembling a trap in MM and BM. Baseline, not talented.

I can't believe they get this mess sorted out in the 2-3 months before 7.0 drops.

I really want to like a single of these new specs, but so far I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAviator View Post
    BM: No focus generator?! Who gets those bright ideas and why isn't he/she shut down when this gets discussed in their meetings? Stampede as a skillshot with 3 min CD?
    BM does have a focus generator, DireBeast, but it's not spammable like Cobra Shot is on live. It seems that Blizzard wants BM to choose between hitting hard, but occasionally have nothing to do, or hitting softer but more often. This can be influenced by 3 talent rows and your level of haste and crit.

If you prefer to always have something to do then talent choices will be limited

Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    BM does have a focus generator, DireBeast, but it's not spammable like Cobra Shot is on live.
    You've really gotta spin logic to call DB a focus generator/builder. When people talk about something being a resource builder, they mean something over which you have control so you can dictate how and when you build and spend your resource. Does DB generate focus? Yes. Is it a focus builder? No.

Deleted
    You guys have no idea how BM works in Legion
    Its not anymore the spec who you know from Retail at this point i do not have any reason to stack up focus because you have almost nowhere to release it for massive damage output for example.I dint have any problems with focus when i level up to 110 and i still have crapton of useless quest gear to change
    If you mindlesly pump cobra shot who atm is just slight damage buffer over autoshot damage(its does physical damage not nature) then you will starve for focus.But if you are smart and plan ahead you will always have focus to keep Beastcleave up and casting KC on cooldown.Once the artefact get fully operational you will forgot about cobra shooot at all and will be used only in BW if you have specced the Killer cobra talent
    Atm only MM have the tools to gather focus and do massive damage afterward because you will like to pump 3x aimedshots in a row after marked shot
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-04-25 at 04:18 AM.

Hunters have been at least solid through every xpac in the history of WoW. They are the game's most popular class. Pretty sure Blizz is not gonna leave them behind now.

Honestly, every class thread on MMO has posts insisting their class is getting raped and needs 500% buffed before Legion. Try to have a little perspective.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    You guys have no idea how BM works in Legion
    Its not anymore the spec who you know from Retail at this point i do not have any reason to stack up focus because you have almost nowhere to release it for massive damage output for example.I dint have any problems with focus when i level up to 110 and i still have crapton of useless quest gear to change
    If you mindlesly pump cobra shot who atm is just slight damage buffer over autoshot damage(its does physical damage not nature) then you will starve for focus.But if you are smart and plan ahead you will always have focus to keep Beastcleave up and casting KC on cooldown.Once the artefact get fully operational you will forgot about cobra shooot at all and will be used only in BW if you have specced the Killer cobra talent
    Atm only MM have the tools to gather focus and do massive damage afterward because you will like to pump 3x aimedshots in a row after marked shot
    That's the problem with alpha BM. You just need to keep enough focus for your big shots and not waste it all on cobra. What a skill check!

The difference between skilled players and total noobs will be close to 0.

I felt BM was a little empty rotation wise but I guess it's possible they want that to be an easier spec. I actually really enjoy Survival and while Marks isn't incredible, it's much better than on live.

Survival feels warrior like with a pet by your side. The only thing I don't really like about the spec is the artifact abilitys animation.... looks monk-ish.

Marksman used to be about standing still and all those annoying mechanics but now it's just about doing a "set-up" shot to then hit with Marked Shot which is like a snipe. It's neat to do a Multi-shot, see a bunch of targets light up and then hit your big hitting shot.

There are some definite areas of improvement but Hunter's are really in no better or worse of a spot than any other class with major overhauls

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Alpha Surv is messy and a bit strange, but fun... Not very effective though, but fun and fresh'ish.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    So if you have to play SV when it does the most damage does that mean you also change class when hunters don't do that anymore?
    when raiding as a dps in your guild you should contribute with the most dps you can come across. In BRF BM was the way to go and as far as I can say many hunters (me including) switched to MM when HFC dropped as it was the most powerful spec.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I felt BM was a little empty rotation wise but I guess it's possible they want that to be an easier spec.
    Not sure the playerbase wanted BM to be an easier spec. But Blizzard knows what we want, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkon View Post
    Imo, for me there is only one hunter: Marksmanship. If it's gonna suck at 1v1 pvp in Legion, I'm done with hunters and probably with the expansion as well, unless I find some other ranged class to be fun.
    You're basing your entire game time in Legion on how well your character does in duels? Kind of silly, no? I mean, 1v1 has never been balanced, ever :/

Also on topic... Hunter has been my main since TBC. It's the first class I loaded up when I got into Alpha and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. I'm NOT a fan of BM, never have been, never will be, not a fan of having a pet do the majority of my damage I do however, LOVE the new MM, it feels way smoother than the current one which only becomes truly fun when you get your 4 set! I'll guaranteed be playing Survival though, the new melee feels so smooth, I know it defeats the purpose of being a ranged class by nature but meh! It's awesome

All in all the changes feel amazing, I wouldn't get disheartened until you try them out
    Last edited by mmocf6edb8744c; 2016-04-26 at 09:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    That's the problem with alpha BM. You just need to keep enough focus for your big shots and not waste it all on cobra. What a skill check!

This is not only aplyed to BMs every class now have much lower Skill mastery and is much easy to l2p with him on decent levels just like Hunters in HFC or with other words every dps class now is "easy like hunters".The only really skill depended spec is our SVV there you dint have the tools on MM to gather focus and if you spec Way of the Mok`Natal gona need really good skills to keep the AP buff up till you try to push as much as possible stacks hits from Moongose bite and uptime of lacerate + flanked strikes on CD

- - - Updated - - -

Deleted
    some good changes coming i think...

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post

BM has never been a "skilled" spec anyway... Don't fool yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by molvtv View Post
    BM has never been a "skilled" spec anyway... Don't fool yourself.
    There's a difference between an easy spec and an even easier spec. BM on live at least takes some involvement. BM on Alpha, just like MM on Alpha, somehow manages to be even simpler.