Question Which spec has the best quest line?

For those of you who've played the test realms, which of the hunter artifact quest lines have you enjoyed most, and why?

Bonus points if you can compare more than one, and if you can answer without spoilers.

I'm trying to decide which to power up first, and it may come down to which quests will be more fun to do.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

BM is probably the longer of the three, and the more enjoyable (fairly subjective) all three of the quest lines aren't BAD though, but they're all fairly short lived. I wouldn't decide what spec you're going to play based off of a 30-40 minute quest though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaydrin View Post
    BM is probably the longer of the three, and the more enjoyable (fairly subjective) all three of the quest lines aren't BAD though, but they're all fairly short lived. I wouldn't decide what spec you're going to play based off of a 30-40 minute quest though.
    Thanks. I would not let that decide it if I already had a strong preference. I plan to play both SV and BM for RP reasons. It's just a matter of which to develop first.

Deleted
    I'm going MM, because Alleria.

Yeah that's right, I'm that fan of the character that decides my spec.

Deleted
    bm / sv will prob be the hardest to gear for since they use totally opposite 2nd stat prioritys. BM/MM use the same more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    I'm going MM, because Alleria.

Yeah that's right, I'm that fan of the character that decides my spec.
    Support! Not so much the MM, but the playing the game however's fun for you. Only way to win this game is having fun!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    bm / sv will prob be the hardest to gear for since they use totally opposite 2nd stat prioritys. BM/MM use the same more or less.
    I can see that, but I'm a Shadow Hunter. Vol'jin uses glaive and bow, and so will I.

Barring changes, MM is WAY shorter than BM, and far less of a story.

Of course, that's something of an advantage if you're trying to get ahead of the pack for leveling...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Barring changes, MM is WAY shorter than BM, and far less of a story.

Of course, that's something of an advantage if you're trying to get ahead of the pack for leveling...
    What's the point in it these days? Raids aren't unlocked and to be honest we're supposed to have fun not rush thorough 18 hours as if it was work.

12 years I've been playing, and each year that goes by and I get older I start to realize this and I continue as much hardcore raider as before but at the start of expansion I enjoy the lore and content.. I only get into min/max & theory craft a day before raids open

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    What's the point in it these days? Raids aren't unlocked and to be honest we're supposed to have fun not rush thorough 18 hours as if it was work.

12 years I've been playing, and each year that goes by and I get older I start to realize this and I continue as much hardcore raider as before but at the start of expansion I enjoy the lore and content.. I only get into min/max & theory craft a day before raids open
    Amen. My guildies have learned to give me a few days before asking me to tank the dungeons, because I want to do the quests, explore the lore, and set up each instance to be as epic as possible before I enter it.

We only get to do our first runs once! I want to make them as special as possible.

MM is pretty standard, surv was boring, and BM was long and fun

Deleted
    From what I have seen in videos the Survival one seemed the most interesting and hunter-like.

MM felt like a common quest; go to a foreign demon land and save some people.
    BM still has a bad aftertaste for me considering how they get a lightning-charged gun (I didn't even watch the video).
    Surv seemed interesting; Go out to hunt a beast; see lesser hunters get picked off 1 by 1 till you can take on the big bad beast. (Yes, i'm a fan of horror movies. ).

Do quest lines differ from spec to spec after the initial artifact-quest btw?

Deleted
    Nobody around here is interested by Alleria and it's sudden dissaperance since WC2?
    Last edited by mmocfce77134c3; 2016-07-07 at 04:21 PM.

Sure, even a hint of Alleria would be nice, but MM is "Kill trash, kill named guy, kill trash, kill second named guy, enter building, get bow, shucks no Alleria, kthxbai". Not even a "this gives us a clue where to continue searching". Way shorter than BM, which at least put some effort into making it feel special.

As to the leveling, I just said if. Didn't approve, disapprove, or advocate any position. My reason for getting ahead of the pack isn't racing, it's to avoid the crowds spawn-camping and quests getting bugged out by too many people.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2016-07-10 at 09:46 PM.
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Deleted
    Haven't done the BM one (hate guns & never much liked BM anyway) but of the other 2, the SV one was fun and I'll agree with previous posts that it felt more 'hunter-y'. Forcing you to use flare to reveal enemies was a nice touch too. I think the MM bow is the best looking hunter artifact though (one of the best looking of all classes imo actually though nothing touches prot paladin on that, again, imo).

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    You should probably put a spoiler thingy in there :P

But personally I liked BM and SV way more than MM, they're all pretty good but as far as straight class fantasy SV nails it. Though I HIGHLY reccommend playing the SV quest line as MM, makes it a LOT less of a headache

There, better?

Come now, you didn't really think we'd find a huge lore figure in a single spec's artifact line?

They'd want it to be an event for everyone.

BM quest was more fun than MM to me. I haven't done SV on beta simply bc I don't expect to play it live so I've been too lazy to go. MM bow's source seemed like it would be interesting, but I wasn't impressed with the quest chain. BM however I enjoyed quite a bit. It even offers an RP element with a certain rare wolf.

I was thinking the quest lines would be ongoing from 101-110. If they're just one-offers to get the artifact, I'll probably play all three regardless.

BTW: I don't what you all are talking about regarding lightning gun. I happen to know my hunter will get a lightning bow like the one from Ulduar (Avalanche)

Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2016-07-11 at 05:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The BM one, Grif Wildheart constantly getting called Brann made me laugh.