Help finding a good I7/Xeon Mobo

Im in the process of building a new rig , everything was good until i started looking at gaming Mobos on Newegg. The rating for all of them are flat out bad, even the best one hardly has 4 eggs and when you read the reviews that bad ones are not from stupid stuff like you would think. At this point i kind of dont know the direction to go.

I am also considering a Xeon instead of an i7, from what i read its an I7 with no gpu but about $100 less which doesn't matter to me as im running GTX 970's, i have just never had experience with this chip.
    Last edited by Moozart; 2016-01-30 at 02:19 PM.

Deleted
    We really need more info to help you, fill up the forums sticky to get a mοre complete solution.

Include the following information when posting a request.

Budget
    Resolution
    Games / Settings Desired
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    Country
    Parts that can be reused
    Do you need an OS?
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?

Ideally include a list of parts, we see the same request almost every day. There are other topics that have parts lists that you can copy and modify.

As for reviews on websites like newegg, amazon, some are valid concerns but in general you will find more complains than good posts. Not many bother write if everything works as intented rather than those that have problems. So eggs/stars are not very accurate.
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2016-01-30 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    We really need more info to help you, fill up the forums sticky to get a mοre complete solution.

As for reviews on websites like newegg, amazon, some are valid concerns but in general you will find more complains than good posts. Not many bother write if everything works as intended rather than those that have problems. So eggs/stars are not very accurate.

I dont need a complete solution as i already have everything planned other than what Mobo to match to my cpu

I already have

Razer Black Widow Chroma/Naga
    Windows 10
    16 GB Ram
    500g SSD/1TB Sata
    Geforce GTX 970 X 2
    850W PSU
    Windows 10
    Last edited by Moozart; 2016-01-30 at 02:48 PM.

Deleted
    DDR3 or DDR4 ram?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    DDR3 or DDR4 ram?

DDR3, the i7s i was looking at were shoing a need for an 1150 board and all of those i saw took DDR3

10+ Year Old Account
    Xeon E3-1231 V3

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Xeon E3-1231 V3

That was the exact one that i had been told about. I have read a few places that some boards disable the speed boost on that chip while some do not.

If you can afford 4790K ($85 more), there's no reason to go Xeon - I doubt you care about TDP or ECC memory.
    Also, you should tell us your budget for the cpu+mobo
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2016-01-30 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    If you can afford 4790K ($85 more), there's no reason to go Xeon - I doubt you care about TDP or ECC memory.
    Also, you should tell us your budget for the cpu+mobo
    I have also looked at that CPU, found some pretty good bundles with that one on new egg. This one comes with 8gb ram that i can always throw into something else. Looking at spending about 500 or so between the mobo/cpu

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboB...=Combo.1750541