Deleted

Stuck on main quest

So Im stuck on the Main Quest "Shock and Awe".

I have not played the game for a very very long time, i just bought Heavenward and logged on. I can't for the life of me complete that quest. I guess i have to low of a gear.

How should i do to go on with this? What is the best way of gearing up at lvl 50?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SetoD View Post

I have not played the game for a very very long time, i just bought Heavenward and logged on. I can't for the life of me complete that quest. I guess i have to low of a gear.

How should i do to go on with this? What is the best way of gearing up at lvl 50?
    Btw My item level is 67

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been ages since I did that Quest, but as new Paladin I sure did have trouble completing it.

Do you have anybody in your FC who could go to expansion city and purchase item level 115 armor, accessories and weapon(s) for you?

I may be mistaken, but I think that's a quest you can do with your Chocobo summoned as a battle companion, so that should help. As for gearing up, getting someone to get you some of the 115 armor from Ishgard will definitely help, though just doing the quests in the MSQ awards gear upgrades and that will also help (the quest you're on should now give item level 110 blue earrings, for example, whereas pre-expansion you'd have to run dungeons and get soldiery/poetics tomestomes to get the upgrades).

Quickest way to deal with the gear gap, though, is what Anzaman suggested, and then replace those as you get stuff with better stats (though ilvl 110, the blue stuff will end up being better than the vendor 115 stuff from Ishgard).

Huh. I guess I had an advantage having done end game stuff months before Heavensward. I had a 103 itemlevel. :S

Deleted
    He has most likely better gear than that.

Quest rewards give you itemlvl ~100-110 or something like that.
    I don't remember any quest being difficult, but internet says you can use your chocobo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    He has most likely better gear than that.

Quest rewards give you itemlvl ~100-110 or something like that.
    If those Quests were done before expansion was released, they aren't going to appear into the inventory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    If those Quests were done before expansion was released, they aren't going to appear into the inventory.
    I was wrong anyway, the avg item lvl should be 90 if you did the quests when HW got released.
    Doesn't old poetics stuff yield itemlvl 115 or something like that? It can't be that difficult.

edit: just looked into the quest. Just 3 mob waves 2-3-2
    you can even ask a friend to kill them for you since it's an open world quest afaik.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-02-09 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I was wrong anyway, the avg item lvl should be 90 if you did the quests when HW got released.
    Doesn't old poetics stuff yield itemlvl 115 or something like that? It can't be that difficult.
    You need at least an 100 Ilvl to get into stuff that gives poetics and to unlock high level roulette, at Ilvl 67 it's a "the key is behind the lock" scenario.

Look on the market board or have a friend buy you a full set of I115 gear from Ishgard, that will have you sorted until you enter HW content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    You need at least an 100 Ilvl to get into stuff that gives poetics
    That's not true, every ARR dungeon (from castrum onwards) and Trial will reward you with poetics. Most of them require itemlevel ~50-70
    Highlevel roulette can be unlocked with ilvl 90 too but even without it, simply by doing the dungeons at least once (if he ever wants to do them, he has to do them once anyway afaik) would result in a few hundred poetics and thus in ~3+ ironworks items
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-02-09 at 01:20 PM.

While I only been playing for 2 months trying to remember if I had my bird out during this as well. You also should always have your bird out unless your in a solo instance. Every little bit of heals/dps/aggro holding they have is hard to pass up on.

If you're on leviathan I can buy you a set of i115 gear from ishgard.

IGN; Kelta Elesong

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rizyukaizen View Post
    While I only been playing for 2 months trying to remember if I had my bird out during this as well. You also should always have your bird out unless your in a solo instance. Every little bit of heals/dps/aggro holding they have is hard to pass up on.
    They also cut your xp

Quote Originally Posted by rizyukaizen View Post
    Actually, if spec'ed right, the chocobo can hit like a TRUCK.

Sometimes, they even do more DPS than the character itself!

Quote Originally Posted by SetoD View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Btw My item level is 67
    Use your chocobo as a companion buddy. That should help you with this quest. Gearing up would be another tactic but I'm not sure how you are going to accomplish that.