Unholy DK DPS Question

Hello,

I've been trying out unholy recently but I've been struggling to get above 45k dps single target (on a dummy) and I was wondering how much this could be down to gear (no 4 piece, aoe trinkets) or if I just need to practice more.

Armoury: Runeytoons Eu Magtheridon (can't post links, sorry!)

Also I've been messing around a bit with BoS and I can only get around 25s for the pull and then like 15s for each breath after that, is that just because I can't AMS soak anything at a dummy or do I just need to maximise my resource pooling before future casts more?

I know logs would make this a whole lot easier but I haven't done any yet so if it is all playstyle I'll pop them on later.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Deleted
    Well 25 seconds bos on pull on a dummy sounds pretty decent to me. 15 seconds for second one also seems pretty decent with no way of soaking via ams.

As for 45k dps ... I would guess this would translate to 70k ish in a raid with buffs and hero etc. Get the ring ASAP it syncs with bos nicely. Try and kill vial boss if you get the chance it's a nice extra boost.

Also one minor sounding tip that made more difference than I thought it would (suggested to me on this very forum) is use as few fes as possible during bos. Ss on blood runes makes a big impact on our "bos burst".

Ah I have my ring already!
    What do you mean by using SS on blood runes? Normally I use SS on any death/Unholy runes then FS on Blood/Frost (unless i'm going to cap both blood runes whilst the frost runes are regenerating as death in which case I will FS)

Deleted
    Bollox I meant death runes

Bliz just make all runes death by default now. Ffs.

Sorry for the confusion I may be a tad tipsy.8

10+ Year Old Account
    Just pulled up your armory but you seem to be in blood spec/gear so it's harder for me to tell what exactly your gear looks like I did search around on WCL and found a H Reaver parse. A huge thing I notice off the bat is you're not stacking your BoS and ring at all the log has 3 rings and you only BoS twice. Also, the trinkets you're using are absolutely terrible you really want at least a vial but you can get away with UEH and Skull of War max upgrade. I should also mention you didn't AMS fire on reaver that's a massive factor in keeping your breath up for a substantial amount of time.
    Last edited by Negative; 2016-01-30 at 07:48 PM.
    Negative - US Lightning's Blade
    <Imba>
    B-tag: Negative#1554

Deleted
    Well 25 seconds bos on pull on a dummy sounds pretty decent to me. 15 seconds for second one also seems pretty decent with no way of soaking via ams.

As for 45k dps ... I would guess this would translate to 70k ish in a raid with buffs and hero etc. Get the ring ASAP it syncs with bos nicely. Try and kill vial boss if you get the chance it's a nice extra boost.

Also one minor sounding tip that made more difference than I thought it would (suggested to me on this very forum) is use as few fes as possible during bos. Ss on blood runes makes a big impact on our "bos burst".

- - - Updated - - -

Er don't tell my rl this but.. If you ams + er damage reduction (tipsy can't recall ability name) you can soak a barrage lol
    It sure fills up rp bar if you time it right lol.

Yeah that was pretty much my first raid with BoS, didn't realise it had been logged. I've been sat at a dummy for hours trying to get my timing of when to start holding back resources and making sure I actually remember to use it, but i'll certainly focus on using AMS to gain RP more when i'm in raids. I was just interested to see how much gear changes would actually help or whether it came predominantly from playstyle

Deleted
    Gear and play style both really. You sound like you will do more than fine.

it sounds like you're doing extremely well on the dummy, quick question though since you didnt post a log.
    -Are you using your sudden doom procs? sometimes people will go to use their proc and hit it twice spending 30 RP, just a new to BoS thing i have noticed with other DK's
    -Also never drop below 20RP. If you need to use death runes to Festering Strike instead of Scourge Strike as it will buy you an extra tick since in one gcd you get 30 rp instead of 15