Poll: Are you for or against vigilante justice?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Empathy, disgust, sense of justice, relatement, just to name a few?
    You can feel empathy for the victims without feeling anything about the person on the receiving end of "justice".

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I suppose it depends if the lawful methods of getting justice are exhausted and the person walks then yes, I think it is acceptable for members of the community to stand up and do something about it.

Empathy, disgust, sense of justice, relatement, just to name a few?
    You can empathize with a victim without descending into a bloodlust. You're entitled to feel disgusted but that doesn't justify extra-judicial action. Justice would entail a trial. "Relatement" is basically empathy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand and empathize with someone wanting revenge, but I don't support it. It would be a slippery slope if people freely took the law into their own hands.

Deleted
    Honestly people seem to have a very naive outlook on how certain areas of the world operate. Take Mexico for example you have areas the government doesnt control and with heavy cartel influence amongs politicians aka corruption. People have banded together to liberate their citities from the different cartel groups one town at a time, its been going on for a few years now.

Currently the movement is growing and they are seeing results neither the army or government has had in years. They are vigilantes but don't really have any option as both state and army has failed to protect them.

Most revolutions start with a vigilante group you know... and it's not a black and white question. Just because it might not work in a very developed country doesn't mean it could not work somewhere else.

Whats the first thought that crosses your mind when you read someone bad got killed? "boy i hope that was lawful" or "good riddance"?
    "Killing is bad." <- That is the first thought tha crosses my mind. I do not care who was killed, killing is bad.