Thread: Heroes Brawl

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Heroes Brawl

Hello!
    Was just wondering if there's been any new info on arena mode since blizzcon and when it's gonna come out? Super excited for it since there needs to be something to do when you've reached rank 1 HL and QM matchmaking is still a joke.
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2017-01-05 at 10:17 AM.

Last we heard was "Late 2016". It got pushed back a bit because they apparently got some really good feedback at BlizzCon that they want to incorporate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Months?????
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Yeah that's Blizzard for you. "When it's done (TM)".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah that's Blizzard for you. "When it's done (TM)".
    a philosophy that they should try to adhere as much as possible to avoid the Diablo III effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how it could take so long to make a game mode that is basically just ARAM. Very odd, but I'm sure it will be a lot of fun when it finally does get released.

If anyone wants to play ARAM while we wait for Arena you can type "/join aram" and there are always custom games going where everyone picks random and no one leaves mid. People follow the imaginary rules and it's a lot of fun. It's just a bummer that you don't get any experience or gold for it.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    a philosophy that they should try to adhere as much as possible to avoid the Diablo III effect.
    Didn't that game take like a decade to make? :P

I actually really enjoyed DIII at launch. Guess I was the unvocal minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I don't understand how it could take so long to make a game mode that is basically just ARAM. Very odd, but I'm sure it will be a lot of fun when it finally does get released.
    You start at a certain level IIRC, not sure how talents were handled (they probably don't know yet either), unique map, certain heroes are banned, can pick out of 3 heroes and the same hero can be on 1 team multiple times. If it was just a 1 lane map they were adding, they should have been finished by now, it isn't though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Didn't that game take like a decade to make? :P

I actually really enjoyed DIII at launch. Guess I was the unvocal minority.
    The biggest problem wasn't the game (imo), it was the fact that the servers couldn't handle the large amount of people that wanted to play (they still can't). It took a while to clear inferno, even on just 1 character, people were just expecting a new WoW, where they could sink an endless amount of time into a game, I competly agree that the game wasn't as bad as people made it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    You start at a certain level IIRC, not sure how talents were handled (they probably don't know yet either), unique map, certain heroes are banned, can pick out of 3 heroes and the same hero can be on 1 team multiple times. If it was just a 1 lane map they were adding, they should have been finished by now, it isn't though.
    From the Blizzcon panel (someone correct me if I'm wrong):

Everyone level 10, predetermined heroic, no talents. I think they claimed heroes like Kharazim will have special rules to compensate for required level 1 talent.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post

Everyone level 10, predetermined heroic, no talents. I think they claimed heroes like Kharazim will have special rules to compensate for required level 1 talent.
    Actually, the Heroic is up to you. That is however the only choice in talents you'll get to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post

That was my point! No talents and being placed at level 10 would leave some heroes in a pretty bad spot. Artanis with no Triple strike/Zealot charge, Illidan with no Shadow Shield/First Aid/... Meanwhile a hero like Anub'Arak, who has a pretty good baseline kit, will do a lot better. Ofcourse this could be pretty nice aswell, since it'd create an original meta for The Arena (which I'm pretty sure ut'll do either way). Same for Diablo, he already has all of his annoying stuns, no need to talent into survival since he gets a fair amount from his trait... but his trait would be really weird in Arena to begin with. Your example of Kharazim aswell, ofcourse. He'll get to chose a trait to make him playable, other heroes are probably gonna experience similar things.

So again, that's why I said that it's not just a 1 lane map, the custom rules it brings along is gonna make it a whole lot harder to add.

Deleted
    Looking at queue times and the frequency you see the same players again when playing at odd hours, another game mode to split the community may not be the smartest move.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Looking at queue times and the frequency you see the same players again when playing at odd hours, another game mode to split the community may not be the smartest move.
    You really think that? The game really needs this in my opinion. I love the idea of short games and random hero brawls. I think this is what the game needs to gain more popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by flexks View Post
    You really think that? The game really needs this in my opinion. I love the idea of short games and random hero brawls. I think this is what the game needs to gain more popularity.
    Pretty much agree with this. And I think the Arena mode will be quiet popular (very shorts games, full pvp style, etc.).
    Forum discussions are almost completely worthless to developers. It is a bunch of uninformed idiotic users screaming their untested crappy ass ideas over everyone else. Real data comes from studying what people do in game, how they react to changes, etc.

Sad to see its gonna be coming so late! I got really hyped when i saw it at blizzcon

Heroes Brawl launches the week of October 17, so mark your calendars and prepare to take a break from the conquest of the Nexus, gather your friends, and check out what this new mode has to offer!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post
    Heroes Brawl launches the week of October 17, so mark your calendars and prepare to take a break from the conquest of the Nexus, gather your friends, and check out what this new mode has to offer!

One year waiting, now let's see how they did it.

So as well in 17 october new hero come.

Blizz know how keep my hyped. :P

This is awesoooooooome

Oh what? Thanks for finishing my night all, time to get watching

- - - Updated - - -

This looks so dumb, I absolutely love it.

- - - Updated - - -

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/game/heroes-brawl/ - announcement, too html-y to bbcode here.
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/why...GSS-05-10aaa0b - Gamespot interview "Why Blizzard Changed Heroes of the Storm's Arena Mode To Heroes Brawl"

- - - Updated - - -

Mechanical summary from Gamespot (plenty of other info to read there):

• Brawl changes every week
    • First week will be Punisher Arena
    • 1,000 gold reward for playing three games a week
    • Unique portraits for each brawl
    • Each week is aimed to be unique, but sometimes they'll bring one back
    • Mostly preset for end user, some brawls will have unique hero selections methods
    • Brawls aimed to be fast experiences, but some will be long
    • Matchmaking will be set to find matches quickly, speed is the priority
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh