Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

The Shaman Soloing Thread

Greetings, everyone:
    I used to dabble in soloing raid bosses with mages, but now that I've run out of bosses I decided to give shaman soloing a try.
    (But mostly, I'm just hoping some better-geared shamans will be interested enough to try as well. Not as if we've got anything to do before Legion, right?)

List of bosses shamans have killed, as reported on MMO-Champion

Previous threads can be found at here.
    The most up-to-date list I could find is this, second post.

---------------------------------------

The only new contributions I've made for now is in SoO Normal, where I just downed Protectors and Norushen at 701. I'm reasonably confident I can kill Nazgrim to Paragons, although I'd need to find a lockout that has Sha-Juggernaut killed first.
    (I've also killed Sha of Fear normal, but I'm not sure if people haven't done that earlier.)

.....and maybe buy a heroic boost too.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2016-01-30 at 11:22 PM.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Deleted
    Soloed 25 HC Mogu'shan Vaults untill Will of the emperor ( so i assume i can solo both 10hc and 25 normal
    - The Stone Guard
    - Feng the Accursed
    - Gara'jal the Spiritbinder
    - The Spirit Kings
    - Elegon
    - Will of Emperor (only 25 NORMAL not heroic)

Soloed full 10n Heart of Fear
    - Amber Shaper video i recorded =D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNmUviSPp4U
    - Empress was a joke after amber shaper

Soloed full 10n Terrace of Endless Springs
    - Lei Shi requires soul capacitator to get killed.

Soloed full ToT 10n

Soloed SoO 10n
    - except Immersus (cba)
    - Sha of pride (Havent tried in long time)
    - Galakras (not soloable)
    - Garrosh (havent tried in long time)
    Soloed SoO LFR 10 man solo que:
    - all boss except Immersus, Galakras
    Last edited by mmoc08ba0ac6b2; 2016-01-31 at 07:25 PM.

Thanks for sharing! Updated the list.
    Out of curiosity, do you think you are able to kill some HM or BRF bosses such as Tectus, Ko'ragh or Oregorger?
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2016-01-31 at 03:47 PM.
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    Thanks for sharing! Updated the list.
    Out of curiosity, do you think you are able to kill some HM or BRF bosses such as Tectus, Ko'ragh or Oregorger?
    No, thats impossible.
    Only classes with pet that can tank can do that like very skilled warlock or most commonly hunters, next week can try 10 heroic ToES, HoF and ToT, but no way cant do any WoD raid probly untill next expansion, probly even in the last week of legion pre patch i wont be able to.
    Last edited by mmoc08ba0ac6b2; 2016-01-31 at 06:10 PM.

@Evermaw: do you still remember your talent choices and glyphs that you used to solo most of the bosses? I havent tried soloing most of the MoP Content for some time now, but I'm planning to do it as a fun sidechallenge, since its still a long time until legion and I've got nothing better to do anyways
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Deleted
    If is 10 man mode usually same talent id use in HFC (EoTE/UF) and Storm elemental totem since fight is short or LM for aoe fights (like dark shamans).
    Lightning shield and Flame shock glyph.

The only MoP raid that is doable in 25hc by a shaman in my opinion is Mogu'shan vaults, there i use different glyph setups and many times using MWS on Healing Surges.

- The Stone Guard: Elemental Fusion talent, Lightning shield and flame shock glyph. FS glyph interacts with EF providing a lot of self healing.
    - Feng the Accursed: Storm Elemental totem, Lightning shield and flame shock glyph.
    - Gara'jal the Spiritbinder: Storm Elemental totem, Lightning shield, flame shock glyph and Frost Shock. DPS Race, you have roughly 1 minute and 40 seconds to kill it, requires a good opener to make the dps check.
    - The Spirit Kings: Storm Elemental, Primal Elementalist to control the pet and kill the arrow that permanently stun you, Lightning shield, flame shock and Shamanistic Resolve Glyph because first boss damage is insane.
    - Elegon:Storm Elemental, Lightning Shield, Fire nova and Lava spread glyph, when adds spawn lava lash and fire nova immediatly so they instantly die and boss doesnt phase and you can kill it avoiding the add one shot mechanic.
    - Will of Emperor:(only 25 NORMAL not heroic): Liquid magma to kill add with frontal shield, Mirror of blademaster, Lightning Shield, Flame shock Glyph

Quote Originally Posted by Evermaw View Post
    No, thats impossible.
    Only classes with pet that can tank can do that like very skilled warlock or most commonly hunters, next week can try 10 heroic ToES, HoF and ToT, but no way cant do any WoD raid probly untill next expansion, probly even in the last week of legion pre patch i wont be able to.
    Damn, that is a shame.
    Out of curiosity, do you think Garrosh would be doable? Either to skip MC with enough damage, use Earth Elemental to tank until MC wears off, or to do what a balance druid did in here to break the MC early?

Deleted
    Damn, that is a shame.
    Out of curiosity, do you think Garrosh would be doable? Either to skip MC with enough damage, use Earth Elemental to tank until MC wears off, or to do what a balance druid did in here to break the MC early?
    With my gears i can probably solo it without too many problems, I doubt Elemental could avoid the insta wipe caused by mc, just need to have enough gears to kill it faster than MC.
    Will propably try tonight and see the results

I thought MC abilities were normally disabled in solo fights? DKs soloed it current without DPS zerg, so surely they didn't avoid it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I thought MC abilities were normally disabled in solo fights? DKs soloed it current without DPS zerg, so surely they didn't avoid it?
    I think that happens because normally tank didnt get MCed so death knight blood should avoid it

- - - Updated - - -

You can add Immersus 10 normal to the soloed bosses. 11 minutes of my life that i will never get back.

Sha Down aswell.

Last edited by mmoc08ba0ac6b2; 2016-01-31 at 08:20 PM.

Well......grats! And thanks for your time sacrificed for the list

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    What Evermaw said. Only tank-spec'ced players are immune, though I am not sure if 2 tank spec'ced players (so a duo, not solo) would be immune.

For evidence you can refer to the druid-SoO I posted, or this and this.

Which is a really silly setting, because Garrosh drops a mount (and those tusks), while this pesky MC problem means you might not be able to solo him, even in Legion. And let's not get started on Galakras.

Quote Originally Posted by Evermaw View Post
    Soloed 25 HC Mogu'shan Vaults untill Will of the emperor ( so i assume i can solo both 10hc and 25 normal
    - The Stone Guard
    - Feng the Accursed
    - Gara'jal the Spiritbinder
    - The Spirit Kings
    - Elegon
    - Will of Emperor (only 25 NORMAL not heroic)

Soloed full 10n Heart of Fear
    - Amber Shaper video i recorded =D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNmUviSPp4U
    - Empress was a joke after amber shaper

Soloed full 10n Terrace of Endless Springs
    - Lei Shi requires soul capacitator to get killed.

Soloed full ToT 10n

Soloed SoO 10n
    - except Immersus (cba)
    - Sha of pride (Havent tried in long time)
    - Galakras (not soloable)
    - Garrosh (havent tried in long time)
    Soloed SoO LFR 10 man solo que:
    - all boss except Immersus, Galakras
    How did you solo animus? I tried the other night, but was getting melted by adds by the time the second lots of adds spawned.
    The rest I solod without a problem aside from the council fight, took me s few goes to get the order down (kill the frost guy first, then the priestess)

Deleted
    I used Fet, wolfs, Ascendance, bl and started to nuke the small anima golems on the right side and then i used my speed cd to try run away while windstriking the small anima golem coming from the left side and i think ive used shamanistic resolve glyph to survive because at some point you gonna have 2/3 golema on you. Once dark animus spawn is pretty much a joke.

I'd like to see how many ranged specs can do Kromog after seeing a spriest do it and then being able to do it on a 730 ilvl boomy with 753 ring (though the 730 ilvl is mostly dragged down from minor pieces like 700 cloak,neck,ring while the rest is mythic hfc gear). Is elementals self healing any good?

Deleted
    Heart of Fear 10 Heroic
    Managed to solo untill Amber Shaper but don't have enough damage to kill the construct because im using all my dps cooldowns on pull , on the other hand if i saved some of them to kill the construct and make boss phase i'd have 15 seconds to kill it but i would lack the damage, im confident that i will not be able to kill it untill Legion.

Don't you have around 30 seconds in p2 before 1st reshape life? At least that's what I remember I had when doing it as a mage. Not that it looks like enough time either way.
    And of course updated.

EDIT: sorry, I meant p3 (Un'sok Unleashed), not p2 (Un'sok's Greatest Creation), so that you hit boss, kill construct, and have 30 seconds to kill boss, but it looks like damage just isn't enough?
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2016-02-01 at 08:35 PM.

Deleted
    Don't you have around 30 seconds in p2 before 1st reshape life? At least that's what I remember I had when doing it as a mage. Not that it looks like enough time either way.
    And of course updated.
    Construct has 2.8M, without any cds i cant do that dmg in 30 seconds since i used all on pull, construct remain with roughly 700k

The boss summons the construct at I believe, 30 or 40%? What you wanna do is either cancel soul cap early or maybe save 1 cooldown for the construct and just squeeze it out, in saying that I can't do 10H as a guardian druid either (even with full burst mode, though I'm gonna go try again soon with some ideas.)

I just say this because you basically killed amber shaper down to 1 hp in 10n which isn't needed at all, as long as you can kill construct asap you have a bunch of time to do the last phase before you get mind controlled. If you already tried a bunch of times and were taking this into consideration my bad.

Deleted
    I never said i got amber shaper to 1 hp, i cant do that in 10 heroic it has too much hp, using all my cds boss remains with roughly 35-40% hp. Is not possible to kill it yet because:

option 1
    Use all cd on boss, boss remains with 3/3,5 M hp out of 8,7 M and become immune, construct spawn 2,8 M hp but with no cd i can do at best 2 mil damage in 30 seconds. Lack of time get mc and die

Option 2
    Save same cd for construct to do at least 1 milion extra damage to it, lets pretend i kill the construct now ive 15 seconds to kill the boss with 3/3,5 M hp, if i couldnt kill the construct in 30 second how could i kill amber in half of that time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread has been sticky'd.