Looking for advice from going from mythic raiding to pvp...

I admit to being a complete green horn at pvp but I desire this seasons elite gear so I wanted to give it a shot and have a few questions.

1) With my gear being at or above 740 do I need a pvp set still or so long as I have trinkets will I be ok?

2) I know all specs well would I do better with fire,frost,or arcane?

3) What would be the easiest way to get to 2k? Twos,threes,fives, or rated bgs?

4) I don't know anything about the pvp community is there a place I can go to read up on tips for certain match ups or to find teams?

Thanks you for your time.

1. PVP gear is the best possible gear for instanced PVP. For world PVP 740+ pve gear is superior.
    2. Frost is undeniably the superior spec, but fire and arcane are at least somewhat playable due to their respective prismatic crystal wombo combos (double dragons breath + blastwaves as fire, or double super nova + pom AB as arcane)
    3. Probably 3v3 if you're a mage.
    4. Not really. Arena Junkies might have some info you're looking for but it's generally full of idiots.

Interesting.. though I admit to hoping I could use my 740 gear to fast track my progress. I know vers is good in pvp. Should I be stacking it above other stats? Would it replace my main stat in terms of value or would it be my second or third?

10+ Year Old Account
    1. PvE Setbonuses are disabled in rated PvP, they work in unrated. The orange Ring is scaled down in rated and unrated and the on use is disabled. IF your BiS stats for PvP are Versa / Mastery get two Crafted Rings and the Neck. 6/6 crafted and 2/2 updated gives you 725 pieces with BiS stats.

2. Go for RBG´s; Fire is more viable in Zerg and Dot Cleave Setups but keep the Frost specc when you have to defend a Base.

3. I cant say much about Arena, sorry.

4. Arena Junkies, dont even read the official WoW PvP Forum if your interested in PvP. My Advice here; Look up some good Mage Streamers on Twitch

5. For RBG`s you have to practice a lot about Base defending. Mages are one of the worst classes for RBG`s in the current Meta wich means in every Flag based RBG you will have to defend a Flag. Duel a bunch of Rogues and practice to survive as long as possible while keeping your Flag untapped.