Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's partly a systemic problem related to the way that our voting system functions, naturally trending toward a 2 party system that pits extremes against each other.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

the system is set up to make people feel like thier vote doesn't count. the american public didn't come up with shit like gerrymandering you dunce.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigged Cannibal View Post
    It would probably have been a lot better if we listened to Jefferson when he said we shouldn't hold the Bill of Rights as the word of god, and should review and change our government to adapt to the times we live in.

I don't remember the exact quote, but I remember that he really didn't think it was a good idea to let a document written near the end of the eighteenth century be kept essentially unchanged, only added onto, without things being removed.
    What!

I understand if you said Constitution, but bill of rights? That shit that promises you basic human rights needs to be flexible and change with the times?

Do you want to be a slave or something?

Blame for the actions of others, no. Our (collective) fault for not doing our duty and helping to clean up the mess and letting it fester for years? Absolutely on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Roostercogburn View Post
    What!

I understand if you said Constitution, but bill of rights? That shit that promises you basic human rights needs to be flexible and change with the times?

Do you want to be a slave or something?
    More of just reviewing to make sure that the original ten amendments are still properly relevant.

One of the largest economies in the world (up there with China really and the European Union - consisting of 27 countries), largest and most powerful military in the world by far, millions of immigrants come here each year because their life is better than at home, etc. So yeah, America has problems just like every other country, still one of the best places in the world however.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    One of the largest economies in the world (up there with China really and the European Union - consisting of 27 countries), largest and most powerful military in the world by far, millions of immigrants come here each year because their life is better than at home, etc. So yeah, America has problems just like every other country, still one of the best places in the world however.
    This is the reason you are so far in debt, "policing" the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post
    This is the reason you are so far in debt, "policing" the world.
    Many other western countries have high debt to GDP ratios. The deficit has been going down, we just have to continue that trend.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Nope. Couldn't be further off base.
    It doesn't matter how much or how little the public votes, or even if they participate in the process in other ways - the game is rigged, and has been for most of our lifetimes.
    Then why isn't Jeb Bush winning?
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    ...the real culprit is the American people not voting or caring about the stuff that happens in their political system.
    Nonsense. Many more people vote now than did a hundred years ago. More people voting isn't the answer to anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Nonsense. Many more people vote now than did a hundred years ago. More people voting isn't the answer to anything.
    More people voting intelligently is the answer, something both parties do their best to prevent.