Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    yeah it's not like demo has been nerfed to prevent people from playing it before the 7.0 revamp. Oh wait it was.

It's actually more enjoyable than any other spec, as i have said

too many buttons for some people to push
    How is Demonology more buttons than Affliction?

Shadow Bolt > Touch of Chaos
    Corruption > Doom
    Hand of Gul'dan > Chaos Wave
    Meta
    Soulfire
    Felstorm every 45 seconds
    Hellfire > Immo Aura
    Demonbolt? (talent)
    Demonic Leap (can go without)

Unstable Affliction
    Corruption
    Agony
    Haunt
    Soulburn
    Drain Soul
    Soul Swap
    Seed of Corruption

Same amount of abilities. I think you forgot that Meta morphs certain abilities.
    Last edited by muto; 2016-02-10 at 11:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    nobody asked for all those 'shiny remakes*'

*guttings
    You are whining for one now arent ya?

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    You are whining for one now arent ya?
    We're really not, locks would be content to be left alone but every expansion blizzard takes our toolkit, turns it upside down and shakes it. Anything that falls out, generally cool shit Metamorphosis, Fel Flame, Drain Mana, new resources, which then get trashed for old resources, Dark Soul, but hey at least unending breath gets to stick around, and any of that crap that sticks to the bottom gets to stay.

I feel the bigger issue is were missing 2 specs, granted we are in Alpha, but you'd think Blizz would want as much testing as possible for say Demo which is effectively a new spec entirely, thanks to the existence of Demon Hunters. Survival, and Combat have relatively huge changes and yet they are both playable, while it might not be the actual case, it seems like locks are just getting ignored. More likely there is some kind of persistent bug that keeps holding the specs back from release, regardless I can't help but remember the warlock feedback from WoD beta that seemed to be missed.

Armory^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    We're really not, locks would be content to be left alone but every expansion blizzard takes our toolkit, turns it upside down and shakes it. Anything that falls out, generally cool shit Metamorphosis, Fel Flame, Drain Mana, new resources, which then get trashed for old resources, Dark Soul, but hey at least unending breath gets to stick around, and any of that crap that sticks to the bottom gets to stay.

I feel the bigger issue is were missing 2 specs, granted we are in Alpha, but you'd think Blizz would want as much testing as possible for say Demo which is effectively a new spec entirely, thanks to the existence of Demon Hunters. Survival, and Combat have relatively huge changes and yet they are both playable, while it might not be the actual case, it seems like locks are just getting ignored. More likely there is some kind of persistent bug that keeps holding the specs back from release, regardless I can't help but remember the warlock feedback from WoD beta that seemed to be missed.
    I'm sure you are right. Locks are just getting ignored. That must simply be the case.

You could also turn it around to: the reason your specs arent playtestable yet is because blizzard is putting some actual work into them to try and please you guys?
    I guess optimism isnt keeping mmo-c afloat tho

Thats why I said it -seems- like they are getting ignored, not that they are actually getting ignored, if you finished reading the last two sentences you might have picked up on that.

it seems like locks are just getting ignored. More likely there is some kind of persistent bug that keeps holding the specs back from release, regardless I can't help but remember the warlock feedback from WoD beta that seemed to be missed.

Also its easier to be negative and be surprised at the kit, then to be hopeful for an awesome kit just to be let down.
    Last edited by Drakile; 2016-02-10 at 03:59 PM.

Armory^

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    How is Demonology more buttons than Affliction?
    Are you going to ask questions to yourself and then answer on them in every post? My point is scrubs can't into demo because it's too complex for them (stance dance, pet ability, shadowflame stacks, demonbolt stacks, soulfire stacks etc. When to cast shit? what to cast? what to do?) How can you possibly hope that they can handle all that stuff if they can't even move away from fire on the ground or kick two spells in a row. Affliction on the other hand is mind numbingly straightforward, essentialy its five duration bars, If they are up - you are doing fine, if not - please recast the one you don't have currently on your target. Pretty sure some wild animals can be trained to play affliction in it's current state.
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2016-02-10 at 09:07 PM.

I am really going to miss demonic leap... especially with the meteor slam glyph. Oh, and the demonic wings/horns (I glyphed to avoid taking the full demon form).
    ( ; , , ; )

10+ Year Old Account
    You only desire things your class doesn't have, and other classes have what your class doesn't, because it isn't your class, so the grass is always greener on the other side.

Locks have some of the coolest armor and best pets in the game. Also green fire, and the coolest land mount ever, the Fel Steed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Are you going to ask questions to yourself and then answer on them in every post? My point is scrubs can't into demo because it's too complex for them (stance dance, pet ability, shadowflame stacks, demonbolt stacks, soulfire stacks etc. When to cast shit? what to cast? what to do?) How can you possibly hope that they can handle all that stuff if they can't even move away from fire on the ground or kick two spells in a row. Affliction on the other hand is mind numbingly straightforward, essentialy its five duration bars, If they are up - you are doing fine, if not - please recast the one you don't have currently on your target. Pretty sure some wild animals can be trained to play affliction in it's current state.
    That's not why people choose not to play Demo, but if you think that all the power to you. Every spec is easy to play with proper weakauras. There's even Paladin and Ele Shaman weakauras that tell you what to cast next! It's literally whack a mole.

Are locks viable and competitive in Mythic raiding or Challenge modes currently?

Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post
    Are locks viable and competitive in Mythic raiding or Challenge modes currently?
    Yup.

/10c

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Yup.

/10c
    Well that's good. My concern comes when that is no longer the case. When it becomes better to bring a mage or a death knightover a Lock.