Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Does it seem like other classes get more goodies and cool things?

I was leveling an alt and noticed that the classes have a lot more cool and fun abilities at their disposal.

From Void Tentacles to mini Tharonjas to attack.

Whereas my warlock's specs feel the same from Mists and even Cata largely (albeit better in many ways).

And I have been unable to locate any new stand-out abilities.

And with Demon Hunters coming into the fray, a hero class with a similar identity to ours (even 'taking' Meta way) that will only further compound the fears I have that the warlock is simply going to be revisions on the existing archetype and little else.

Except Demo of course but I'm looking for more fun abilities open to all warlocks.

Am I making any sense?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there is fel explosion thing when mobs die making chain Seed of Corruption pretty spectacular.

Also I have big hopes for Destruction with its Doomfire, Portals and Rain of Chaos.

(Class that I play) never gets the cool stuff. (Other class/classes) always get the fun abilities.

I think just about every class says this.

Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post
    Whereas my warlock's specs feel the same from Mists and even Cata largely (albeit better in many ways).
    Mists and Cata are very different. Remember the utter clusterfuck that was Destruction in Cata? Affliction may feel the most similar, but the entire class had a very recent revamp.

"Fun" and "standout" are also subjective. Also remember when you are trying a new class that something new and different is often very fun- someone trying a Warlocks for the first time probably feels like there are awesome goodies. Even as a veteran lock, I think Havoc is really awesome. I rolled a new Lock just to be Demo for Meta (sadface). I think Drain Soul is perhaps the most fantastic animation in the game. I love dropping Cataclysm on a large pack of mobs. When you are used to your own awesomeness, new awesomeness can just feel more awesome by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    (Class that I play) never gets the cool stuff. (Other class/classes) always get the fun abilities.

I think just about every class says this.

Mists and Cata are very different. Remember the utter clusterfuck that was Destruction in Cata? Affliction may feel the most similar, but the entire class had a very recent revamp.

"Fun" and "standout" are also subjective. Also remember when you are trying a new class that something new and different is often very fun- someone trying a Warlocks for the first time probably feels like there are awesome goodies. Even as a veteran lock, I think Havoc is really awesome. I rolled a new Lock just to be Demo for Meta (sadface). I think Drain Soul is perhaps the most fantastic animation in the game. I love dropping Cataclysm on a large pack of mobs. When you are used to your own awesomeness, new awesomeness can just feel more awesome by comparison.
    I think the point is that the OP feels that other classes are getting new/fun stuff in Legion and Locks aren't. If thats true, I don't know. I haven't been keeping up much with the changes.

I just don't think that "got a recent revamp in cata" is really a good reason though.

What new ability have we gotten that isn't just a new part of our pve rotation.

I have been away for 2 xpacs but I played a bit during MoP right at the start and all the specs feel the same to me.

The biggest change I noticed was Archimonde's Vengeance/Darkness and Dark Soul being way better. And both of those are leaving in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

well, I'm a dope. Most of the cool abilities I saw were from BOA gear.

Nevermind, we're fine.

Unless Blizzard wants to give us back Meta but give it to every warlock and give it spec specific animations/spells.

That would be dope.

7+ Year Old Account
    Unless Blizzard wants to give us back Meta.
    Definitely not happening.
    disco inferno

I would settle for demonic leap

Quote Originally Posted by vulena View Post
    Definitely not happening.
    I can dream!

Because 2/3s of our class is effectively not done.

Armory^

10+ Year Old Account
    Change for the sake of change to appease the whiny 'Rogues got 12 changes, I want 12 changes too!' types is stupid. Maybe locks are closer to what Blizz wants them to be than classes like hunters, or maybe (god forbid) we're still in Alpha and nothing's finished yet.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Change for the sake of change to appease the whiny 'Rogues got 12 changes, I want 12 changes too!' types is stupid. Maybe locks are closer to what Blizz wants them to be than classes like hunters, or maybe (god forbid) we're still in Alpha and nothing's finished yet.
    To be fair Blizzard has always flip flopped with locks, every new expansion is a completely new playstyle to most of the specs, idk if locks have ever been where Blizz wants them to be.

Armory^

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    To be fair Blizzard has always flip flopped with locks, every new expansion is a completely new playstyle to most of the specs, idk if locks have ever been where Blizz wants them to be.
    Having played through the entire MoP revamp I can second this

Asking to have faith in specs bot released is a risk

Deleted
    hopefully that next build will finally enable Destruction and Demo

Meant to be a reply to Mirishka.

That's a strawman.

Moreover the changes I've been most interested in are abilities like Remorseless Winter or Unholy DKs summoning Val Kyr.

Lore heavy things, or in the case of the winter great utility additions.

Especially with such a demonic expansion. But Demon Hunters will be the focus

Deleted
    Strawman.

Moreover the changes I've been most interested in are abilities like Remorseless Winter or Unholy DKs summoning Val Kyr.

Lore heavy things, or in the case of the winter great utility additions.

Especially with such a demonic expansion. But Demon Hunters will be the focus
    wrong forum bud

They're merely examples from another class. Snazzy things

You can eff right off with this bullshit... warlocks have got probably the best spell graphics in the game, unique class quests and 3 really fun specs. Meanwhile I am still throwing around the same fireball that was in the game back in 2004, not to mention arcane blasting with a graphic you can barely even see.

Warlocks have SO much cooler/unique things than almost every other class and from what I've seen going into Legion that will still hold true. And yes I do play Warlock as well as Mage, not just throwing around baseless assumptions.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    You can eff right off with this bullshit... warlocks have got probably the best spell graphics in the game, unique class quests and 3 really fun specs. Meanwhile I am still throwing around the same fireball that was in the game back in 2004, not to mention arcane blasting with a graphic you can barely even see.

Warlocks have SO much cooler/unique things than almost every other class and from what I've seen going into Legion that will still hold true. And yes I do play Warlock as well as Mage, not just throwing around baseless assumptions.
    it may look shiny, but the gameplay in WoD is a joke

The grass is greener and stuff.