Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    The thought of a tauren with the ashbringer makes me feel sick.
    Sunwalker will have a better use of the sword than some hobo dwarf

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Sunwalker will have a better use of the sword than some hobo dwarf
    Ashbringer was made by a dwarf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I can't be some cool draenei enhancement shaman, i'm doomed to be some half-savage mongrel which should dress into rotten leather and bones just because blizzard thinks that way. Righ, i CAN be and can think whatever i want of my character, but most of the shaman class fantasy is to be some shitface orc wannabe.
    I 100% agree, I'm sick of shamanism being stuck with orcs, and the light being stuck with humans, etc... I would like to see some loa themed priest sets, sunwalker paladin sets, or wildhammer/draenei/pandaren shaman sets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    Just for the record, shamanism CAME from orcs. To not want it to have an orcish background is to not want to be a shaman.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Shaman
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

It's world of warcraft, anyone here who acts like they were immersed at any point in time is trolling.

Artifacts are just pretty icing on the Legion cake, as soon as we have them in game the people who are so abhorrently against them will be like eh whatever. It's a non-issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont see how this ruins any more story than when 20 people ran around with shadowmourne or any other weapon in their hand "but there is only one why do others wear it too!"
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2016-01-31 at 11:12 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    dont see how this ruins any more story than when 20 people ran around with ashkandi in their hand "but there is only one why do others wear it too!"
    because wrath of the lich king was the best expansion, i loved watching every plate wearer run around in the same black/grey armour wielding bryntroll until they all switched over to shadowmourne!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People just want to bitch and moan really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I don't care about immersion in WoW, it's an MMO not a singleplayer RPG with beautiful graphics.

I am worried about the lore implications of legion though, all of our 'followers' will become nobodies from now on and these weapons will never get any new lore. Which sucks.

I think it makes perfect sense... In vanilla we were a bunch of nobodies.. and now we are class champions that have saved the world countless times. How does this not make sense?

Overall as a concept I am pretty happy with it.

Some of the weapons are pretty underwhelming, and some of the weapon types are just bad choices (feral daggers, shadow priest dagger, any of them that are fist weapons)
    Some of the lore is a bit iffy, and the lack of diversity for some classes, like warriors where all 3 specs use a sword could of been handled better.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I really don't care how many people use the same weapon as I do.

Lore and game play are two different things and I'm perfectly capable of separating the two.

Deleted
    As far as i care I am only concerned on that matter only inside my raid group. I might be a bit annoyed to look at my fellow mage to have exactly the same artifact weapon as me, but if look on the other hand since the beginning of the game its like that - every dedicated player will wield the same weapon as the rest of those dedicated players. The hell ... even right now im runing around with the same weapon as half of the casters in my raid group.

So i don't see the point of everybody running around with same weapon?!?
    Last edited by mmoc0c907153ea; 2016-02-01 at 10:05 AM.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely Destroying, lore-wise. Gameplay-wise I don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Overmind View Post
    Don't care, aslong as I look awesome, it's the same for me.
    The irony here is that in their quest to make the "rule of cool" an ironclad law blizzard have damaged themselves, baddly. Like many others I enjoyed a staff on my Spriest, I like swords on my warlock and finally

I. Want. Enhance. Fists

But no, we're told "this is soo cool!" and backhandedly told to suck shit if our tastes don't align with blizzards narrow ideal
    Wrath baby and proud of it

I am all for it. I like the artifact weapons in general, the way they act as a progression system outside of leveling and the thought of how I get to progress my character and thinking about what various relics I'll be wanting to get which can enhance my weapon further.

Lore-wise I think they are playing a slippery-slope. I am in the camp that feels like they are pushing our characters too far to the forefront when we should be experiencing the greater story through their eyes. That said I am really impressed with the greater story as being told in Legion, I do worry a bit since WoD had an amazing leveling story that just sort of shit the bed once raids really started. Part of my discontent though lays in Tanaan and the "timeless" dailies model we seem to be on now. I think the timeless isle style catchup mechanic is terrible all around and I'm more worried about how they'll treat LFR in Legion than I am about how we players are now OP super-saiyans.

I've also got a feeling that they'll open up transmog rules a lot more too. I think fists will be available for any 1-hander, at least for agility classes, as a transmog option with the possible exception of being for demon hunters.

Deleted
    Players: "God dam these lore characters are stealing our kills and our glorious moments!"
    Blizzard: "Ok lets kill couple of those lore characters and we also give you powerful weapons from lore, so now you can feel even more important and powerful"
    Players: "WTF stop killing best characters, and those weapons are stupid, now every noob is running around azeroth with them. GG blizz, shit expansion"
    Blizzard "Sigh...."

But let's be serious. I like them. They look cool, those powers and weapon trees look interesting and yeah, it does feel kinda nice to use that super powerful weapon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Ruined. But not for the same reason as OP. This garbage about "class fantasy" and spec/design decisions are hurting more things then they help. Sub and assassination daggers are garbage, the BM gun and all the shaman decisions are just..terrible
    as a longtime shaman I couldnt agree more with blizzards decisions for resto and elemental. I dislike doomhammer though. Its completely the right style but Im against taking weapons from present important lore characters.

also: ashbringer to me is the biggest fail of artifact weapon. The paladin class even has a hammer as a symbol. I never thought a sword fits retribution, and all this hype for tirions sword just becomes the new kid thing IMO, ESPECIALLY with those dark deathknighty-ish skullswords..I mean, wtf?

generally, all artifact weapons are a huge gain to me, and class fantasy cementing is the best thing they couldve done with the expansion, along with the new animations thats all wow needed for me

It's too early to say really - if the questlines to obtain them are interesting and tie in some good lore, and if Blizzard can find an even better reason as to why we should discard/destroy them at a later time, they could add a lot of flavour to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    Players: "God dam these lore characters are stealing our kills and our glorious moments!"
    Blizzard: "Ok lets kill couple of those lore characters and we also give you powerful weapons from lore, so now you can feel even more important and powerful"
    Players: "WTF stop killing best characters, and those weapons are stupid, now every noob is running around azeroth with them. GG blizz, shit expansion"
    Blizzard "Sigh...."

But let's be serious. I like them. They look cool, those powers and weapon trees look interesting and yeah, it does feel kinda nice to use that super powerful weapon.
    Step off the high horse for a minute. The basic gist of this whole thing is sound, the artefact system could work. Much of the problem comes from blizzard taking the cop-out path. These weapons should of been ours, something each player "makes" and with more freedom. I assure you. If players where able to choose the shape our weapon came in, you'd be seeing almost no complaints
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i will prob vomit when see a no orc guy with the doomhammer
    Same with a non-elf running around with Felo'melorn and Thas'dorah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Same with a non-elf running around with Felo'melorn and Thas'dorah.
    Considering I am wondering why on earth a blood elf would work with you know who during the Thas'dorah artifact quest line I am not even sure that's valid but Felo I can give you.

Quote Originally Posted by shinros View Post
    Considering I am wondering why on earth a blood elf would work with you know who during the Thas'dorah artifact quest line I am not even sure that's valid but Felo I can give you.
    An incredibly awesome wielder of Thas'dorah would be Captain Auric Sunchaser. I really wish he were there instead of Vereesa. Seems Blizzard might be sweeping Alleria's most loyal comrades under the rug to make us forget that there are non-Silver Covenant High Elves.

I also dislike how they're working with the Silver Covenant, and HIGHLY dislike that they seem to be working FOR the Silver Covenant there, as Vereesa's underlings. Several elite Farstriders working for a grunt-rank ranger who gave herself the rank of Ranger-General, which was incredibly disrespectful to her sister Sylvanas who gave her life defending their homeland, while Vereesa has done nothing to deserve such a title, and has even actively slaughtered her kin out of spiteful misplaced vengeance, when she should have taken it out on Garrosh, the one actually responsible for killing Rhonin.

This is another instance of Blizzard forcibly writing the Blood Elves forgiving people because reasons. They've done it before and seems they're just gonna keep doing it.

1. The Kirin Tor betrays the Blood Elves by not lifting a finger to save them from Garithos.

2. The Blood Elves hold a huge grudge against the Alliance and Dalaran especially. It was pretty much a defining characteristic of their race in BC.

3. Suddenly in WotLK, there are apparently a TON of magi that would LOVE to return to Dalaran and serve the Kirin Tor again, despite their second time of allowing something solely meant to hurt/oppose the Blood Elves happen (formation of the Silver Covenant, which is no more than a hillbilly militia gun club in the woods, as they have no political authority in Dalaran, nor are they its police force).

4. The Sunreavers are illegally purged from Dalaran because a non-Sunreaver Blood Elf loyal only to Garrosh used Jaina's poorly secured portal network to sneak Horde agents into Darnassus, which was only necessary because Jaina was using Dalaran's resources to blatantly favor the Alliance while claiming neutrality, as she did with Theramore. You'd think she'd have learned by now.

5. Lor'themar leads a Blood Elf assault on the Isle of Thunder to procure artifacts to secure their place against Garrosh. Jaina, with the full power and support of the Kirin Tor, or at least Modera (the one who in Legion is suddenly an advocate for allowing Aethas and the Horde back) and the Silver Covenant follow out of spiteful vengeance, there for the sole purpose of opposing the Blood Elves.

6. The Horde is suddenly horrible at magic, requiring the Kirin Tor to help them set up their arcane sanctum in Talador in WoD, rather than maybe the masters of arcane magic for over 10,000 years that are hanging out in their own garrison. The Horde suddenly trusts the Kirin Tor to not screw them over.

7. The Blood Elves and the entire Horde forgive the Kirin Tor and are suddenly hanging out in Dalaran with them again. But Aethas has to crawl and beg and lick their boots to be let in, after hocking a priceless royal heirloom national treasure of Quel'thalas to their once greatest allies, now most hated enemies. Aethas not only FORGIVES the Kirin Tor but BEGS to be allowed to serve them again.

8. And now the rest of the Blood Elves forgive and are happy to not only work with but serve as subordinates to the most militantly anti-Blood Elf organization in the Alliance.

Auric would have been much cooler. Instead of pretending the two groups like each other, rather than want to see each other dead, Blizzard should develop a group that's tolerant of both, like Auric and his elves who served under Alleria and thus would be a poetic group to rescue her. Auric should have been in command, since he outranks Vereesa where the Farstriders are concerned, as she's a disgraced dishonorably discharged grunt-rank ranger, and he's a Captain who never left the Farstriders.

The two groups should have been butting heads, and Auric calms them down, so they both work for his rangers who are Alliance, but have no beef with the Blood Elves. Rather than just "Hey, I know I was saying you're all evil and weak for giving into your addictions against a huge Scourge army while I resisted because I was safe behind a magic bubble shield lounging around in bed with an army of humans to protect me and my friends, and then a few years later formed an organization solely to oppose you, then a few years after that led a mass murder and arresting spree of innocent civilians, but hey, standing outside of Zul'Aman next to you guys and doing nothing was nice of me, so I'm in command of you guys now." And the Farstriders, as Blizzard has snipers aimed at their familes' heads go "Y-yeah, th-that's a great idea...no hard feelings..."

That's pretty much the only way I can see it going every time something like this happens.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2016-02-03 at 07:48 PM.