Poll: Which itemization system have you enjoyed the most ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    WOD, with the caveat that versatility needs to go away and die in a fire.

I understand the thought process behind why they got rid of socketed gear like we had in the past, along with enchants on several armor slots as well as reforging: All in the name of "loot an item > equip > done" if it's an upgrade. Doesn't mean I like it at all. That said, sockets and enchants on armor wouldn't work so hot with the way WoD handles stat flipping based on your spec. Not as big a deal now since the newer gems are for secondary stats only, so I still believe sockets could find a place on armor. Enchants could be the same way, where they only increase secondary stats (as they do now).

The tertiary stats as a bonus are fine. They aren't game breaking (that I know of) but they aren't an absolute necessity to have on gear. Warforged and extra sockets need to go, though. For anyone who was playing D3 prior to Kanai's Cube was introduced, remember playing/farming/praying for the right ancient quality weapon to drop? Yeah, that's basically what WF/sockets are here. Ancient items weren't as bad to get once the cube arrived, though.

TL;DR: I think a mix of each itemization system we've seen in the past would do nicely. I've posted some ideas for it on a very basic level.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoD is too simplistic for my tastes. I pretty much get a piece of gear and I'm done, sometimes across multiple specs. It's boring. I vastly preferred the sockets/enchants/reforge system we had in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    I understand the thought process behind why they got rid of socketed gear like we had in the past, along with enchants on several armor slots as well as reforging: All in the name of "loot an item > equip > done" if it's an upgrade. Doesn't mean I like it at all. That said, sockets and enchants on armor wouldn't work so hot with the way WoD handles stat flipping based on your spec. Not as big a deal now since the newer gems are for secondary stats only, so I still believe sockets could find a place on armor. Enchants could be the same way, where they only increase secondary stats (as they do now).

The tertiary stats as a bonus are fine. They aren't game breaking (that I know of) but they aren't an absolute necessity to have on gear. Warforged and extra sockets need to go, though. For anyone who was playing D3 prior to Kanai's Cube was introduced, remember playing/farming/praying for the right ancient quality weapon to drop? Yeah, that's basically what WF/sockets are here. Ancient items weren't as bad to get once the cube arrived, though.

TL;DR: I think a mix of each itemization system we've seen in the past would do nicely. I've posted some ideas for it on a very basic level.
    Socket and/or enchants with secondary stats sounds fine.In my opinion the professions should be able to add prismatic/colored sockets to items. make them warforged or add diverse enchants.Some ways where you have control over the items.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    WoD is too simplistic for my tastes. I pretty much get a piece of gear and I'm done, sometimes across multiple specs. It's boring. I vastly preferred the sockets/enchants/reforge system we had in MoP.
    Yes it is.And my concern is that Legion will be too.Many people liked the pre wod system but some people didn't.There are many ways how they can improve the system but they made it too simple and rng based which is obviously a problem.

WoD by far, i can equip piece as soon as i get it and wf/socket/tertiary stat always feel like nice bonus.

Deleted
    Mop system was great with one exception: hit&exp messing up reforging and forcing you to reforge and re-gem your entire bloody gear with every single upgrade.

Remove hit and expertise, keep reforging. That's all they had to do to make WOD awesome. Almost want to put that you had one job meme here.

But they didn't. They pruned fucking everything, even tho nobody asked for it.

And don't even get me started on this super-warforged nonsense that started with 6.2.3. 40 item level differential (685-725) is just TOO FUCKING MUCH if you all do the same content. That's like LFR vs. Mythic HFC difference. It's insane and it's really frustrating when you both put in same effort, but you get a temporal crystal fodder (685) and the other guy lucks out mythic-level item (720-725).

We barely know anything about Legion's loot system but there's a good chance that it will continue the nonsense started in WOD. Even more RNG and BIS legendaries coming out of random world drops.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2016-02-02 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Mop system was great with one exception: hit&exp messing up reforging and forcing you to reforge and re-gem your entire bloody gear with every single upgrade.

Remove hit and expertise, keep reforging. That's all they had to do to make WOD awesome. Almost want to put that you had one job meme here.

But they didn't. They pruned fucking everything, even tho nobody asked for it.

And don't even get me started on this super-warforged nonsense that started with 6.2.3. 40 item level differential (685-725) is just TOO FUCKING MUCH if you all do the same content. That's like LFR vs. Mythic HFC difference. It's insane and it's really frustrating when you both put in same effort, but you get a temporal crystal fodder (685) and the other guy lucks out mythic-level item (720-725).

We barely know anything about Legion's loot system but there's a good chance that it will continue the nonsense started in WOD. Even more RNG and BIS legendaries coming out of random world drops.
    I agree with you and to be honest I think that the people who quit didn't enjoy this approach that they took with the items.

Quote Originally Posted by demonhunter50 View Post
    I mean you have to look at it as a whole. Improving something while making the other things worse isn't a solution.
    I wasn't stating a solution; I was explaining why I voted for WoD.
    I consider the previous systems inferior because of the int plate scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    If they gave us a way to "work" towards that prismatic socket, Warforged and tertiary stats with effort, while still allowing some to get lucky, it'd be fine.
    I disagree. If there were a way to work towards BiS, players would be encouraged (forced) to commit to this. It'd be socket/enchant/upgrade/reforge all over again, just with "work."
    As frustrating as the RNG is, it retains its status as a bonus attribute.

I find the WoD system to be superior. The completely arbitrary colors and color matching of gems was pointless. I did prefer that items had predetermined sockets but, I also like the tertiary stats, even if they don't matter much, due to the infrequency and amounts given by them.

Also, the old system of gems makes less sense when you are not trying to balance you hit/expertise ratings.

I enjoyed gear having base sockets and thunderforged / warforged being the only RNG element. So t15 / t16 specifically is the closest.

As far as base sockets though, I dislike the color system. The color system would pigeon hole you into being forced to use certain stats in certain slots, which I dislike. I'd much rather the gear trade base stats for sockets and then allow you to socket in what you want specifically, maybe at a slight cost so that non-socket gear technically has a small stat advantage BUT the socket gear may pull ahead just due to more ideal itemization.

I do think warforged added a healthy aspect to farm, I've played games where people very quickly burn out because they gear too fast and then have no reason to continue running the raid. Having that carrot to chase is a good thing, but it needs to be realistically attainable otherwise it has the same effect as not having the RNG at all because people lose interest. If you know you'll never be able to reach the moon, you won't reach for it. Becoming fully warforged was very realistically attainable in t15 / t16, whereas now its not even realistic to have a full set of mixed warforged and or socketed gear. And frankly while the RNG sockets can often be better in certain slots, it doesn't feel better.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wotlk is what I preferred because of all the cool extra stats such as Armour Pen, Mp5 etc, and also the coloured sockets. However I do really like the randomness of WoD, the chance at a bonus gem slot, WF, or Leech (for example). I would like both of those to be combined. My ideal would be for a Wotlk system with a chance of WF or a chance on hit bonus, or equip bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I find the WoD system to be superior. The completely arbitrary colors and color matching of gems was pointless. I did prefer that items had predetermined sockets but, I also like the tertiary stats, even if they don't matter much, due to the infrequency and amounts given by them.

Also, the old system of gems makes less sense when you are not trying to balance you hit/expertise ratings.
    It has it's flaws but the current system is too rng based,boring with very little options,too simplified.In my opinion the tanking stats were more advanced prewod than they're now.Wouldn't you want a more in depth itemization ?

The WoD system because its nice to know that certain quest (questline) will give ALL your characters good weapon/armor upgrades.

I hate having random chances my gear will be warforged or socketted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    MoP hands down.
    Current Diablo loot system is dumb as f__k imo :/
    I wouldn't vote for MoP if you don't like the current one.

The Diablo crap started with ToT when it introduced Thunderforged and hence now we have what we have.

The best option out of the list in my eyes, WotLK obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by NadEFurY View Post
    I wouldn't vote for MoP if you don't like the current one.

The Diablo crap started with ToT when it introduced Thunderforged and hence now we have what we have.

The best option out of the list in my eyes, WotLK obviously.
    They were similar.Mop had reforging and upgrade levels for items which was fine and I don't mind a single rng element for items but now it's too much.

Deleted
    How can some people like the wod system ? I mean the itemization has gone down hill since wod launch and obviously people don't like this rng simple system since they left the game.

Deleted
    MoP and WotlK. MoP first because it had Reforging which made bad items (bad luck as I tend to have) a bit more bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    MoP and WotlK. MoP first because it had Reforging which made bad items (bad luck as I tend to have) a bit more bearable.
    Yes,they said that in Wod every stat it's useful but that it's not the case.

If they could take the WoD system and put back in more gem slots and enchants, and throw in a system that guarantees at least one warforged item after so many times of not getting one (or just add a hard to obtain item (or perhaps a craftable!) that turns an item warforged) (Well, that, or just flat out get rid of warforging), coupled with start-of-expansion-until-the-end gear item level upgrades, with varied avenues to upgrade them, that'd probably be the best system, IMO.

Also: I really wish at least one or two BIS items for each class/spec each raid could be crafted items. That's the proper way to give a profession some real quality bonus, and give them a good little avenue for gold. Tie the recipes and drops to doing really tough things in game, but let them be sellable, too, as well.

Quite honestly, I think a lot of more important things should come out of crafting rather than making items for "starters"/consumables. On the whole, I'd mark up crafting in WoW as an abysmal failure and that's still where WoW needs the most improvement more than anything else in terms of it's items.

I never really cared for reforging. I'm glad it's gone. Taking out hit and expertise sort of made it pointless anyways.

I will say that all the new tertiary stats in WoD were pointless. I wish they hadn't of bothered. I might even go so far as to say that I'd even be okay with them simplifying stats even further (not for my own benefit, so much as others). Like... what'd be wrong with only having "Health" "Power" "Armor" "Mana" as the only stats? That's more or less what it is now, only it's muddied up with all the other stats with different words. Maybe because it'd be less RPG-y? I don't know. I'm fine with how it is, but I wouldn't be opposed to something like that. Well, that, or having to deal with a few specs I play as always requiring me to stack so much mastery is getting to me. I'm so sick of that stat.