Poll: Which itemization system have you enjoyed the most ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mop system minus tf/wf. Shadow priests could have done much better with reforging in, as we are totally stat dependent and did not have an overpowered t18 bonus/class trinket (which is almost always viable).

10+ Year Old Account
    MOP for sure. WOTLK gave us dungeon grinding, but I liked the flex/LFR grinding better myself. Mind you, I did do 10 ICC. The fate of just being me, and not the flavor of the month, made me appreciate MoP even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mop was a great system, but I do like the WOTLK best by a bit, the colored sockets, old stats, meta gems that required X amount of gem colors, loved it, so much min maxing to do there, is the socket bonus worth it, etc

WOTLK I loved, Mops system was good. My IDEAL system is WoTLK + Reforging, Id actually be hyped af for that

10+ Year Old Account

needed more coffee

I'm just as happy to see things keep changing from one expansion to the next to keep things from getting stuck in a rut. The amount of RNG in WoD can be frustrating, but I thought that was supposed to make obsessive min/maxing less of a thing and I like that idea.
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2016-02-06 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Really, really needed more coffee
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    WoTLK with few changes:

- No profession bonuses. Having to reroll specific profession for bonuses sucked. I want to use professions that I like, not whatever gives more stats.

- Tier pieces for more than 5 slots from vanilla, however keep set bonuses to 4 items maximum. So basically same as tier 6, except that all tier pieces should be same ilevel. Or same as tiers 1-3, but without set bonuses for more than 4 pieces. That would allow players to choose which items they want to keep.

- Int/str/agi on same item from WoD, allowing to use same piece of gear for different specs.

Deleted
    Vannila ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    I'm just as happy to see things keep changing from one expansion to the next to keep things from getting stuck in a rut. The amount of RNG in WoD can be frustrating, but I thought that was supposed to make obsessive min/maxing less of a thing and I like that idea.
    Well it's too simplistic and boring in my opinion when you equip the item and that's it.Also many stats are awful especially for crafted items.This rng thing is no fun and they kinda ruined the progression system with these item changes to be honest.

I like the WOD system honestly, sockets/warforged let you progress your character once already "bis" though I really hope they don't make raid loot similar to how mythic dungeons are right now, we don't need that much power difference purely down to RNG of loot. 1 stage of warforged/socket is fine. Plus you have to like how the main stat will change for your offspec.

On a side note, I hope they never do the ilvl scaling that we see present in HFC, with difference between first boss and last boss being 15 ilvl difference.

WoD system but with some adaptations for these reasons: Gemming and enchanting was a total pain, anyone who raided knew how to gem and enchant their gear with little to no thought so all it served as was a time barrier between getting the item and it actually being an upgrade over your current gemmed / enchanted one.

I'd like a return of reforging for the reason that stats will never be balanced and one will always be more powerful and they even find joy in putting the worst stat for a class on tier gear. It just felt a lot better when finally that offset item didn't seem quite so useless because while class A benefited from its stats optimally for class B it happen to have the worst stat possible but you could at-least drop some of that stat for a beneficial one.

Finally in place of gemming and enchanting It would be nice to have some good old open world farming / grinding system with the end reward being able to purchase an item which lets you chose to add a prismatic socket or upgrade an item to warforged. It would be a lot more fun than walking to the AH and would give something to do outside raids to progress your character, something the game has heavily lacked for a long time. I don't mean go out kill 100 mobs and have all your items done but instead something which actually takes time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    I like the WOD system honestly, sockets/warforged let you progress your character once already "bis" though I really hope they don't make raid loot similar to how mythic dungeons are right now, we don't need that much power difference purely down to RNG of loot. 1 stage of warforged/socket is fine. Plus you have to like how the main stat will change for your offspec.

On a side note, I hope they never do the ilvl scaling that we see present in HFC, with difference between first boss and last boss being 15 ilvl difference.
    In my opinion WOD system has a lot of issues since it requires no time investment in your character while the rng thing takes all the fun away.People just don't care about the items anymore since there are no options and diversity.I remember all my items from tbc and wotlk while now in wod I don't even know the name of my items.

loot an WoD Item without Socket/WF ? GZ You can almost disenchant it

But the real Problem are the Sockets + Epic Gems. they are way too strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I HATE the random stats bullshit in WoD. Hands down the worst bullshit they have put into WoW. Not only can an item roll to have unwanted stats, but the numbers also fall inside a random range? WTF? This isn't Diablo!

I do like the ability to 'proc' additional tertiary stats/upgraded item level. That part is cool.

I liked the socket system from BC/Wrath. I like the 'proc' system from WoD. I miss being able to enchant every piece of gear. I like reforging, but I never liked the way they implemented it - you should be able to pick how much of a stat you're wanting to modify, like with a slider or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

The multiple main stats thing they went with in WoD is pretty great for hybrids IMO. RNG with Warforged/Socket is a bit much though, these things could be upgradeable with VP or whatever currency they go with.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP, Wrath or late Cata when there were a million gem slots on everything.

The current system feels underwhelming, you equip the gear and that's it. The difference between whether to socket or WF is often confusing, and neither big enough to get excited about, nor common enough to feel it's worth the effort to try to farm for, while Tertiary stats are just a waste of development time that literally no one gives a shit about.

While I certainly don't miss reforging, gemming helped tailor some stats in the right direction to make such gear not worthless; if you had 3 gem slots that was a lot of 'right stats' to plug in there.

Enchanting has always just felt like baseline extra stats, never like any kind of "customisation", there's definitely room for improvement there. But at least you were doing something with your gear.

Deleted
    Not sure if its already been mentioned but Wrath also had the special enchants available from Exalted rep grind with a faction.

Deleted
    I honestly can't (not even if my life depended on it) understand why people think positively of MoP, are you all crazy? It was absolute shit imo, specially from a PvP perspective. The second they started with these massive leaps in ilvl it was more or less game over (I am aware it started in cata, MoP just put the last nail in the coffin imo. I am aware the trend continues in WoD as well, they just decided to "hide" it by itemsquishing)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeepher View Post
    I honestly can't (not even if my life depended on it) understand why people think positively of MoP, are you all crazy? It was absolute shit imo, specially from a PvP perspective. The second they started with these massive leaps in ilvl it was more or less game over (I am aware it started in cata, MoP just put the last nail in the coffin imo. I am aware the trend continues in WoD as well, they just decided to "hide" it by itemsquishing)
    Because from a PvE standpoint, MoP structurally was very well done. A lot of people just got hung up on lolpandas and the Asian themes and refuse to let that go.

WoD system for me but bring back non random sockets and remove warforged and let hit/exp stay dead.

Edit: Oh Yeah and bring back enchants on all slots.
    Last edited by Exodeus; 2016-02-10 at 04:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    MoP hands down.
    Current Diablo loot system is dumb as f__k imo :/
    Why do you feel the "diablo loot system is dumb as fuck?" Having a little RNG in gear in terms of extras is a good thing isnt it? If the base gear has already set stats, and in terms of BIS, for example, if you get a Mythic helm from Kromrok, thats your BIS period. However NOW with this system, on kills AFTER the fact, the helm might roll with a prismatic socket, or a tierery stat. An added bonus is never a bad thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Because from a PvE standpoint, MoP structurally was very well done. A lot of people just got hung up on lolpandas and the Asian themes and refuse to let that go.
    MoP was the biggest dogshit expansion to date. The further casualization of content, the massive decline in subs, the asian / panda themes, the raids on rail roads, bland looking environments, shitty PvP balance, free epics every patch, the introduction of the welfare legendary... shit.. all shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I HATE the random stats bullshit in WoD. Hands down the worst bullshit they have put into WoW. Not only can an item roll to have unwanted stats, but the numbers also fall inside a random range? WTF? This isn't Diablo!

I do like the ability to 'proc' additional tertiary stats/upgraded item level. That part is cool.

I liked the socket system from BC/Wrath. I like the 'proc' system from WoD. I miss being able to enchant every piece of gear. I like reforging, but I never liked the way they implemented it - you should be able to pick how much of a stat you're wanting to modify, like with a slider or something.
    Ummm.... last time i checked all gear from dungeons and raids have already set pre determined stats. The only variable thing on gear (WHICH IS A BONUS), is that now gear can drop with a bonus prismatic socket, and or warforged, and or tieriery stats. The base item will always be pre set.

Again, how is getting a bonus on gear that may or may not get the bonus to begin with a bad thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    MoP was the biggest dogshit expansion to date. The further casualization of content, the massive decline in subs, the asian / panda themes, the raids on rail roads, bland looking environments, shitty PvP balance, free epics every patch, the introduction of the welfare legendary... shit.. all shit.
    For a guy who calls WoD amazing, when:-

- The sub decline was far faster and far greater.
    - The copy paste Garrison themes in every zone.
    - The relentless Orc theme that continues from the last expansion.
    - HFC is still largely on rails; and there were only 2 tiers.
    - Fel Green everywhere, combined with those Garrison structures everywhere making for somewhat bland environs.
    - Shitty PvP balance and Ashran
    - Free Epics every fortnight or more depending on the weekly event.
    - A Welfare Legendary that you as a player are unlikely to be the one tasked with using especially if you're ranged.

Every aspect you seemed to think bad about MoP was worse in WoD. This is why no one takes you seriously.