Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    What happened when you asked about cup cakes?
    I made the mistake of asking what the difference was while a co worker was watching cake boss. I got a very long education very loud from cup cake fans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I don't like them too much because boiled eggs are kinda yucky to me. Though I have made Scotch Eggs for my brother-in-law on occasion. They're very filling.
    I blame it on a UK episode of the office. Although personally I love learning how different places do breakfast. But nothing beats pancakes.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    Because that's what they are called in certain languages.

It's the same thing when Americans use the term soccer for what europeans call football.
    So what do they call the things we call pancakes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Lol. Get the name right at least.
    Damn autocorrect lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Using any kind of milk other than whole milk should be illegal (damn health nuts ruin all foods). Skim milk is like the plague, its nothing more than white water. Now if you meant buttermilk should have been used instead, I would agree.
    Yeah drank whole milk growing up then switched to 2%. Took getting used to but skim was just disgusting can't down it, but now whole milk taste too thick for some things.

However with pancakes and pure Canadian premium syrup. Devine!

Now I just have to get my technic and a perfect recipe down like the ones I wrote down.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    Why do you think skimmed milk is a "health food" thing? It is on the market because the fat is used in other (often processed) foods. It then gets marketed on its reduced calorie content. "Health food" is almost synonymous with "whole food" so I'll let you complete that chain of thought and answer, what are you more likely to find a "health nut" drinking?
    Because the health nuts want low fat everything. They always ruin recipes by using skim milk instead of real milk, they dont use butter (they use some nasty coconut oil or something), etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I blame it on a UK episode of the office. Although personally I love learning how different places do breakfast. But nothing beats pancakes.
    I actually enjoy an English and Irish breakfast quite a bit. A small diner (about 8 tables) about 20 mins from my home does "traditional" English and Irish breakfast. Fairly good.

The only thing I don't like are beans for breakfast or mixed with eggs. Despite the fact I ordinarily like beans. It's just a gross flavor combination to have yolk and beans mix together.

I usually get the Irish breakfast when we go:

Also I am not much of a pancake gal. French toast. That's my breakfast sweet treat.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Thats not a pancake, thats a crepe
    They're only called crepes in France, outside France they're only crepes if rolled and filled.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Note to self: Don't read topics on pancakes before breakfast, you will end up drooling on the keyboard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    And the maple syrup and butter, you can't have pancakes without maple syrup and butter.
    I remember when I was in New York, all my friends called me crazy for putting syrup on my bacon pancakes.

Deleted
    Maybe not perfect, but easy and tasty enough for when I eat them with fruit. It's also pretty straightforward and can be adjusted for how many pancakes you want.

- 1 egg per 2 pancakes. You can also use 1 egg for every pancake, if you want them to be a bit more 'full'.
    - 2 tablespoons of flour.
    - Pinch of salt.
    - Add milk until you get a fluid texture. (Requires a little experience)