Page 1 of 2
LastLast

garrisons in legion

Will we still be able to make boatloads of gold from our garrisons in legion or will they become obsolete

Quote Originally Posted by Aelstoc View Post
    Will we still be able to make boatloads of gold from our garrisons in legion or will they become obsolete
    They might nerf them.... but you are getting all new followers and a brand new job board in legion though your class hall!

7+ Year Old Account
    If it can still make me gold,even a little amount. I will be using it!
    There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish
    I will do what I must to keep the balance!

Horde:Driefal-Cravius-Ristir-RonedSenthes

10+ Year Old Account
    I may be mistaken but I saw somewhere in legion data mining most garrison missions rewards were changed to 1 copper.

Your garrison will still be there and you can still send out followers.

Source, Blizzcon.

Deleted
    I like the idea of garrisons, always have. I just hate having to level up and gear followers per character. Would love it, if they made it account wide followers. Then again I'm just lazy

They wouldn't really need to nerf them much; the patch would take care of that. How much will all those herbs and ore be worth when there's still a huge supply but the demand drops by 90%? They may AH for 1c each but most will go unsold. Do herbs have a vendor value?

If anything, they'd just need to slow/nerf the gold missions for ships and followers. I won't mind if they do. I enjoy my customized garrison set up just the way I like it, but sometimes managing it feels more like chores than gaming - almost like I was a lord responsible for administrating a keep.

they will nerf gold mission rewards, and probably a few other things (honor token mission, etc)

they'll leave the mission table, followers and etc. in for achievement hunters or the curious, but they don't want it to be profitable for players to be swinging back through their garrison all the time once legion launches and has its own daily stuff for you to do.

7+ Year Old Account
    I expect them to heavily nerf gold missions and possibly anything that can bring lots of gold (more nerfs to salvage yard crates). Materials from trading post/buildings will become obsolete on their own.

With that, I'll probably use my garrison to hang out, for quick bank access (no one to block NPCs) and swap my active followers from performance to my personal favorites just so I see NPCs I like to hang out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    I expect them to heavily nerf gold missions and possibly anything that can bring lots of gold (more nerfs to salvage yard crates). Materials from trading post/buildings will become obsolete on their own.

With that, I'll probably use my garrison to hang out, for quick bank access (no one to block NPCs) and swap my active followers from performance to my personal favorites just so I see NPCs I like to hang out there.
    Yep - that's about what I'm thinking. Maybe we'll bounce between our garrisons and guild halls in Legion?

The bags on the Trading Post could be used to funnel the raw mats into on the appropriate trader day, along with resources (if they don't remove that aspect altogether).

Might still be able to eek out some gold, but don't expect the gold missions to stick around (see Thunder King Treasure Trove).
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

7+ Year Old Account
    i dont care how much fcking gold my garrison can make. i will never step into it again.

Formerly known as Arafal

15+ Year Old Account
    Do u REALLY think they will remain how they are today in Legion?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I am actually the opposite. I hope they keep it somewhat in the same shape it is in now. From my perspective, once you have a garrison up and running with the correct follower set it is very easy to manage. I have alts that just sit at the table and I log them in, send missions and log out. The way I see it, that few minutes once a day or when I have time is making me enough gold that I don't have to spend any of my time in game farming anything. If I need something I have gold to buy it. So I spend more of my time playing the game instead of farming.

There are lots of benefits to keeping the garrison in somewhat the same shape.

1.) It gives purpose to your alts that you might not level or have time to do so early in the expansion. Who knows, with artifact leveling alts might be harder to do anyway.
    2.) It gives some players a reason to log in each day. WoW is not one of those games where you can accomplish much in 20 minutes. But for those types of players who can only play for chunks of time on the weekend it gives them something to do during the week that develops their characters.
    3.) It keeps people out of tedious farming. I know the garrison is tedious, but an addon does most of the work for you and it is far less tedious than farming ore or mobs.
    4.) For those that want to abandon the garrison all together there will be newer ways to make gold so they won't feel the need to keep it going to be "optimal".

I hope it stays.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most likely (pure speculation):
    - Gold missions will be nerfed considerably.
    - Champion's Honor missions will stop spawning entirely.
    - Draenor Rep tokens will still drop.
    - Crafting materials will remain unchanged (as they will go obsolete by themselves).
    - Follower gear won't be usable by Class Order Hall followers anyway, because reasons.
    - Touch of the Void will become obtainable by Class Order Hall missions and no longer available from the Garrison.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cypher View Post
    They might nerf them.... but you are getting all new followers and a brand new job board in legion though your class hall!
    according to blizz the missions that you send followers on are gonna be cooperative in a way... like you send them to scout and then meet up with them and help them complete them, like daily quests
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

I wondor if XP potion will be removed to, or re-made some other way in legion
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

It only works up to level 100, so there's no need to do anything about it. There might be a Legion version later down the line.

Most likely they will nerf everything that can be actually useful and force people to still use them past level 100, such as missions that gives gold and honor. Maybe crafting and materials too, so people can't keep pumping out 30 slot bags and make tailoring essentially worthless as a profession in legion.

Hopefully they let the rest be, including the stone, so your garrison still can be used as a nice hangout with access to bank, transmogrifier and such stuff. Also as a nice place to just chill around. Say what you want about garrisons, but the alliance versions are still cozy as fuck.

Guess xp pot and potion will be re-made in legion then, and maybe conquest still nice gold later on in season4-?? if not re-made in legion aswell
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO