Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am hoping the abomination called garrisons and everything associated with them are wiped from the game.
    Last edited by kunah; 2016-02-10 at 01:42 AM.
    Operation Red Wing

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyldragon View Post
    Most likely they will nerf everything that can be actually useful and force people to still use them past level 100, such as missions that gives gold and honor. Maybe crafting and materials too, so people can't keep pumping out 30 slot bags and make tailoring essentially worthless as a profession in legion.

Hopefully they let the rest be, including the stone, so your garrison still can be used as a nice hangout with access to bank, transmogrifier and such stuff. Also as a nice place to just chill around. Say what you want about garrisons, but the alliance versions are still cozy as fuck.
    Been leveling my Tauren lately and wondered about this... Do Horde toons hang out in their garrisons as much as Alliance toons? I mean, they have all the same amenities and the zone is beautiful to look at, but that howling wind all the time... Does it feel as cozy? Wondering if there's any subtle/subliminal tendancy to leave more often and go to other hubs. Also feels more remote, being farther from Tanaan and HFC. Even if game mechanics make this a difference of seconds, it just feels more 'out-in-the-boonies'.

Deleted
    I dont think there is a faction difference in how much players hang out in their garrison. Some players like being in their garrisons others dont. I know I didnt get the AH in the garrison on purpose to make me go to warspear more often.

I expect they'll nerf the gold missions, but it'd be weird if a player decided to stay in WoD and their Garrison became less effective.

They can't really make it "once you level past 100 the missions are nerfed" because most people making obscene gold from it have a bunch of alts they just won't level. They can't really make it so once you unlock Legion for your account it nerfs it, either, because it means anyone staying in WoD will have a huge advantage over everyone else in terms of gold.

The only real "solution" I can think of is to introduce a new currency in Legion that replaces Gold, is used for all normally gold-based purchases in Legion, yet can still be used in older content as if it were gold. That way no gold from the Garrisons would carry forward and it'd basically represent another "ladder clear" like what leveling does to gear.

But that'd also be somewhat unfair.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nerfing is only logical.
    I mean, I make 180k to 200k gold a month on garrisons alone, it's almost ridiculous xD