Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhal6 View Post
    "gay republicans"

Haha...I'm sorry but if any homosexual votes for the current lead Republican contenders, they have zero self-respect. I understand why some gays follow certain Republican beliefs but that day and age is long gone until a complete political reformation.
    Gay people, just like everyone else, are not single issue voters:

http://www.logcabin.org

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Why are people surprised?

I suppose the issue doesn't bother me any way. It stays? Cool. It goes? Well, sucks to be gay then I guess.

Doesn't affect my life at all so whether gay marriage stays or goes back to being how it was before, whoopie do.
    Are you an American? Are American citizens who are also gay, Americans? I understand how it doesn't mater for you as an individual, but as an American, to have other Americans be under 'sucks to be you' umbrella should be a concern.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really annoying when threads like this get derailed into semantics debates about what is bigotry or intolerance.

Let's face it, probably a good 80-90% of anti-gay marriage folks are bigots. They don't like the gays, they don't want them to get married, end of story.

A very very small amount of people have an actual non hateful approach -- essentially that marriage itself shouldn't exist as a legal/government entity and expanding it in any way is going in the wrong direction and should be opposed. That, due to it's non targeted nature, is not a bigoted view.

Many posters on here who have supported the anti-gay stance have, in some form, shown that they hold bigoted views to some degree. Some like Mr. "Mental illness" do it proudly, some are way more subtle about it. However some haven't yet.

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    lol. 'Logical' justification. Oh man, I needed a good laugh today. Just toss out the word 'logical' and pretend that it is actually 'logical' just because it aligns with the current PC SJW agenda! Not like I'm surprised of course.

There is a difference between logic and opinions, you should learn what it is. Calling an opinion on a social subject 'illogical' is nothing more than a rhetoric fallacy.
    Perhaps you don't understand how the law works. Our laws in the united states cannot be applied arbitrarily to some and not to others... except in the case of logical justification for doing so. What that means is we can deny someone rights that others enjoy IF there is a logical justification to do so.

A good example of this is the age of consent. The age of consent is the age at which a person is considered to be legally competent to consent to sexual acts, and is thus the minimum age of a person with whom another person is legally permitted to engage in sexual activity. We deny adults the right to engage in sexual activity with minors (even if they are willing), because minors are not considered legally competent to grant consent to such acts. The logical justification here is that children are not mature enough to fully understand the ramifications of engaging in sexual acts with an adult, thus adults are prohibited from legally engaging in sexual acts with them.

See? That's logical justification. Please show me any sort of logical justification to deny gay couples the right to marry. Since procreation is not prerequisite for marriage, that cannot be used as justification. Since religions vary in their rules and beliefs, and also since there are such a wide variety of religions making up our society, no single religion's rules and beliefs can be used to determine what is or isn't legal. Thus religion related related reasons cannot be used as justification. And finally, just because someone might think gays are "icky", doesn't mean there's logical justification to deny them the same rights you enjoy. If anything, society has a vested interest in encouraging gay couples to marry and be monogamous because doing so helps reduce the spread of std's.

Logic will trump magic fruit and talking animals every time.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2016-02-02 at 01:04 AM.

Congress determines the maximum number of Supreme Court Justices.
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, which increases bureaucracy and increases cost on the tax payer, due to increased amount of time spent with these contracts. Any other areas you are interested in increasing bureaucracy and wasting tax payer money?
    The contracts are written up by lawyers that people pay for, not the government