Thread: Old BiS lists

15+ Year Old Account

Old BiS lists

Hello all

I am looking for BiS lists (post-Sunwell and post-ICC). I haven't been able to find anything comprehensive so far. The guides I've found tend to be pre-raid.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

Why would you need something like that? If its for Timewalker, you don't want gear from the actual expansion. Its a very meticulous list you'll want to look into.

Otherwise, the best gear will ALWAYS be from Sunwell and BT for tbc and ICC for Wrath with a piece or two from Ruby Sanctum. Just look up the boss loot tables and pick the pieces yourself.

Even at the time, there wasn't much documentation. People would just look at the top player of the class etc or his guides.
    And that obviously deals a lot with the class itself.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Why would you need something like that? If its for Timewalker, you don't want gear from the actual expansion. Its a very meticulous list you'll want to look into.

Otherwise, the best gear will ALWAYS be from Sunwell and BT for tbc and ICC for Wrath with a piece or two from Ruby Sanctum. Just look up the boss loot tables and pick the pieces yourself.

Even at the time, there wasn't much documentation. People would just look at the top player of the class etc or his guides.
    And that obviously deals a lot with the class itself.
    Thanks for the reply.

No reason beyond simple vanity. I didn't have the opportunity to kit out my older characters with BiS gear and I am enjoying that opportunity with new characters as I level them now.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

My old cats guide still has bis lists from that expac. If you google Kilee's shadowpriest guide, it's still somewhere on mmo and h2p.

I think woaden's mop guide might have something in it too.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    My old cats guide still has bis lists from that expac. If you google Kilee's shadowpriest guide, it's still somewhere on mmo and h2p.

I think woaden's mop guide might have something in it too.
    Thanks so much Kilee.

Stat changes like the removal of hit rating probably makes some parts of those lists obsolete.

I'd just go on Wowhead and search for the highest ilvl item that has your two best stats and the most sockets.

With the removal of hit cap, expertise, and with the changes to other stats, BiS itemization for old gear would be a little different, no? Either way, I always just use Atlasloot and a pad of paper to figure out what gear I want.

Yeah that's true.

Are you trying to stop a toon at 70 or 80 for this? I've always been interested in redoing some of the content like it was back in the day, unfortunately I've had to use means that aren't allowed on these forums, but it was fun to revisit old times.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what he said, presumably he's not looking for what's BiS now, but rather what was BiS back then, for nostalgia. In that case, things changing wouldn't really matter,
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks all. Shanthi, you're correct in that I'm looking for nostalgia pieces. This character stops at 70 and will be a well-dressed banker.

I know that in many cases the stats have been altered to reflect game/mechanics changes through subsequent expansions. This isn't a big deal either way - just thought it would be fun.

I have several twink characters that I do the same way. This is one of my bankers:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amave/advanced

I also have Thunderfury on that character, but for some reason during all the patches and item squishes its damage got nerfed into the ground... it still procs a lot though, and is cool.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    I have several twink characters that I do the same way. This is one of my bankers:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amave/advanced

I also have Thunderfury on that character, but for some reason during all the patches and item squishes its damage got nerfed into the ground... it still procs a lot though, and is cool.
    Great character, Kilee. I'm aiming for a similar situation with my new lvl 70. Appreciate the feedback and the glimpse of greatness!