Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Thunderfury Skin Goes to Outlaw Rogues?

"outlawRogueArtifact06" in the URL. Really, Blizzard? Really? Protection warriors are given the most bland and boring swords in the game - far more boring than what Protection Paladins get - and Blizzard gives the most iconic tanking weapon in the entire game to rogues?

I was that those of us who have Thunderfury - rogues, warriors, paladins, whatever - could embark on a quest to get this new, updated skin for our artifacts.

Of course, "nothing is final," but I'm exercising the right to be pretty pissed.

EDIT: If someone can shrink the image size, I'd appreciate it.

Sadly, the Prot artifact is a Shield, while the sword is mostly secondary, so hoping for unique skins for it is probably a loss.

As for Thunderfury, I think every class has a pretty equal claim to it, but I wouldn't have given it to any of them. In addition to pissing off half the player base, I think it only serves to undermine the actual legendary weapon itself.

However, considering that Sulfuras was re-released as an epic weapon anyone could acquire, maybe the right move would have been to do the same with Thunderfury. I guess they missed their chance with Al'akir.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing says sneaky rogue like a huge ass 1 hander. Good thing our skins look great.....

Agreed with Arch on the premise of it'd be better to give it to no one but hey, I guess bland is our middle name.

It feels like warriors just died and all the other classes are at the funeral but only for the reading of our Will...."to the next bidder...er...griever...."

Deleted
    If this is true, I'm shocked and this is such a nasty thing that Blizzard did there.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Stop hating on rogues, they are already a free kill for warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by KrotosTheTank View Post
    Nothing says sneaky rogue like a huge ass 1 hander. Good thing our skins look great.....

Agreed with Arch on the premise of it'd be better to give it to no one but hey, I guess bland is our middle name.

It feels like warriors just died and all the other classes are at the funeral but only for the reading of our Will...."to the next bidder...er...griever...."
    I think the outlaw rogue is the blizzard's response to the community's request for a swashbuckler rogue aspect, a sleek fury warrior with finesse, instead of rage and brutal strength. I haven't looked at legion content yet, but I think that the outlaw isn't that bound to the "sneaky assassin doing surgical strikes from the shadows" concept.

I agree that nobody got the shaft like warriors regarding artifacts. Some of the shields are decent, but the prot swords are boring as hell. All of the arms artifacts look ridiculous, and the fury swords are extremely underwhelming and have nothing to do with warriors at all. Cheap toys all around!

Update:

Alright! Finally we're closer to something cool! I hope they're doing the same for fury weapons.
    Last edited by tankbug; 2016-02-01 at 11:02 AM.
    Mother pus bucket!

Best thing is that Fury 2hands are scaled up now but he handle still looks like 1hand while this weapon is a 1hand yet the handle says 2hand.
    Last edited by Accendor; 2016-02-01 at 09:25 AM.

Deleted
    Worse things have happened, Thunderfury is about as much a Warrior weapon as Shadowmourne is a Warrior weapon - just because we were either one of the first weilders or the most common users doesn't take away the fact the weapon was good/bis for other classes and specs.

Finding myself agreeing with Archi again, the *shield* is the Protection Warrior artifact, not the sword. Giving Thunderfury as a skin for the sword takes away the focus of the shield and diminishes it's awesomeness.

"Awesomness", there are like 2 skins that looks decent. I don't think I ever seen any rog with thunderfury on my server before MC and BWL were soloable, not to mention shadow priests which use a dagger have a book off hand called artifact_c'thun or something as skin so I don't understand why they can get some work on their offhand and we don't.

The salt is real, warriors will cry about literally everything.

I never understood how and on what grounds they make a decision out there who gets what. I would rather have TF as a CM weapon for anyone. Its too risky to give it to rogues, as we all know and doubt anyone can say otherwise, it was a weapon given to protection warrior first. Was that what blizzard was planning all along? I dont know..

There is nothing out there more icionic as a 1h for protection warrior than TF tho. Should we only focus on shield? I always focused on both. Are other spec got their both mh/oh changing in apperance? Some does, protection paladin is on the other hand are in the same boat as we r.

The whole idea of specific weapons for each class/spec is balancing ipon the edge, not everyone will be happy. We r, as this is our class fantasy, these unhappy ones.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    The salt is real, warriors will cry about literally everything.
    Can you blame us at this point? Everything about legion is shit. Hell, we dont even fit the theme that blizz has going.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Since rogue use 2 weapons i suppose they will get 2 TF one MH and one OH which doesn't make much sense either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrotosTheTank View Post

Way too much hyperbole in this topic. TF was not, explicitly, a warrior weapon. Giving a version of it to rogues is definitely a head-scratcher, I've no arguments with that, but there's some serious warrior-entitlement going on here... and I main as a warrior.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2016-02-01 at 03:09 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I'm sad I won't get Thunderfury 2.0, this is why artifacts are poopers, they have the highest amount of weapon skins in probably any expansion and every single one of them is exclusive to a spec. I find it hard to believe how a giant lightning infused sword the size of a 2handed weapon makes sense as a pirate cutlass, but then I guess an arcanite ripper isn't strom'kar either.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Can you blame us at this point? Everything about legion is shit. Hell, we dont even fit the theme that blizz has going.
    Please stop acting like your opinion is fact. It isn't.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Please stop acting like your opinion is fact. It isn't.
    Its not really opinion that Warrior is the only class that isnt leading an order, has the least weapon variety (only class that only has one weapon type among its artifacts), and has no PC races in its hall (and with no reason why they should be there).

Have you been paying much attention to warrior in legion? Aside from arms spec, its a mess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

Way too much hyperbole in this topic. TF was not, explicitly, a warrior weapon. Giving a version of it to rogues is definitely a head-scratcher, I've no arguments with that, but there's some serious warrior-entitlement going on here... and I main as a warrior.
    Because it makes total sense that outlaw rogues will have two thunderfury.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

I would not be too sure blizz are putting the right artifacts under the right name. Have seen several that seem off place. One example is the arms axe that was posted here, it definetly looks alot like a reskin for blood dk mace..

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post

Alright! Finally we're closer to something cool! I hope they're doing the same for fury weapons.

Epic axe artifact? Nope Spinal/Arcanite Reaper from Vanilla with minor changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Worse things have happened, Thunderfury is about as much a Warrior weapon as Shadowmourne is a Warrior weapon - just because we were either one of the first weilders or the most common users doesn't take away the fact the weapon was good/bis for other classes and specs.
    This.
    If i remember correctly, it was given to tanks only after people found out how much thread was generated by the proc. But until then it was primarily weapon for a dps.
    Plus it's just a thunderfury-based skin, not the real sword / look, so take a deep breath
    Last edited by ellgar; 2016-02-01 at 04:14 PM.