Thread: Trans-species?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    If she really thought she was a cat, she wouldn't have a HUMAN boyfriend. Would she?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So its not a mental disorder for a man or woman to think they are the opposite sex, but it is a mental disorder for a woman (in this case) to think she is a cat?
    Humans who think they are cats are delusional.
    Some men who think they are women, and some women who think they are men, are also delusion.
    However some men/women who think they are women/men aren't delusional, they instead have a legitimate identifiable biological mismatch going on (from what I understand).
    So while we can dismiss and call delusional the person who thinks they're a cat, we can't out of hand dismiss people who identify as another gender, because some (many? I won't even pretend to guess at a percentage) are legit.

That's how I interpret it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    If she really thought she was a cat, she wouldn't have a HUMAN boyfriend. Would she?
    Her boyfriend is also a cat sometimes, he has personalities and one of them is a cat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    That certainly sounds familiar. For some reason.
    If you're implying I'm offended at the people offended by offended people, I'm not. I just find it amusing. You're free to carry on doing whatever it is you're doing, so long as you don't start actually harassing people.

You, on the other hand, are a paragon of impartiality when it comes to Gamergate
    I never claimed to be impartial, but I also don't get emotional about it. I don't call people names. I don't refer to everyone on the other side of the issue "some dumb bitch."

Which of the 36 posts before you joined where anti-SJW anything, hysteria or not? In other words, is this really happening, or is this some kind of a crazy paranoia?
    This one:

Quote Originally Posted by Dren The Black View Post
    3ish minute video looking into our future sjw "utopia"...

trans-species -_- damn typo -- Fixed by Annoying
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

My best guess from the video provided is:

1. She has some genetic problem (the defection she mentioned) which leads to mental ilness. He has that "multiple personalities disorder".

2. They are both trolling. As a fellow troll, I can't figure out what's the point of telling people you're a cat, so it's totally uninteresting and moronic if that's the case.

3. She has the same thing as mentioned under 1. He is just there for the free pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    As I said, "serious mental problems". Which means, she'll become a danger to others, but more importantly, she'll harm herself because of this.

That's why I think doctors need to talk to her. To prevent that possibility and turn her life for the better.

Also, even if there is no danger, she should still talk to people about it. You know, to make sure she's healthy and whatever.
    People who deny the holocaust happened are also delusional, but we generally don't feel the need to force them into getting medical help for that. As long as the person is still able to function in society, something that some mental illnesses can make exceedingly difficult, then a delusion can be fairly benign.

As I said early on in this thread, as long as her delusion only manifests as occasionally pretending to be a cat then it doesn't likely have a huge impact on her life. In the short video the OP posted we can see that she is certainly capable of acting like a person. If she were to hurt herself, the most likely reason would be as a result of social pressures and mockery rather than the delusion itself. I'm also pretty sure that someone already mentioned that she does she a psychologist.

In short, people can be pretty weird before it becomes an issue that requires aggressive professional attention and mental reconditioning. While we can both agree that to us this seems pretty fucking weird, I don't think it crosses the line.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2016-02-01 at 10:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dren The Black View Post
    It's not picking on someone for being weird if you would rather them have help to solve their issues instead of accepting that the think they're a cat.
    She doesn't seem to have any issues to me, other than the issue of acceptance. Don't take everything too literally; it is clear that she does not believe that she is a cat as an animal, she merely believes that she has certain traits similar to those of cats, and she tries to match the picture of those traits in her head by her actions. She doesn't hurt anyone, she just lives her own life the way she wants. She doesn't affect lives of anyone in this thread in any way, and yet people are laughing at her, calling her mentally ill; the guy on the video berates her for no real reason, as if he has nothing better to do (he probably doesn't).

I would just like to live in a society with people minding their own business and not deciding for others how they "should" live. There is nothing wrong in being marginal and weird, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else - and in this case, I don't see how it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Mental illness is weird. Picking on her is bad, debating it isn't.
    Everything unconventional gets labeled as "mental illness". There was a time when homosexuality was considered mental illness. Hell, there was even a time when not believing in god was considered mental illness. Making this label essentially void of any meaning. Unless an actual psychologist proves it, at least.
    Last edited by May90; 2016-02-01 at 10:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    In short, people can be pretty weird before it becomes an issue that requires aggressive professional attention and mental reconditioning. While we can both agree that to us this seems pretty fucking weird, I don't think it crosses the line.
    All I'm saying is, she should probably just talk to someone so psychiatrists can see if there is a mental issue, especially since she mentioned a "genetic defection" or something.
    If there is nothing wrong with her, she's free to live however she wants to. I don't mind.

Deleted
    People like this need mental help.
    People will be opting for becoming toasters and shit soon.

How is this different from people thinking they see leprechauns?
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-02-01 at 10:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think you're an animal, go try to live in the wilderness.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I don't know if it's been posted yet but this isn't really the first time such an idea has existed.

*shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    those who are allowing her to live like this should be the ones to press her to see a psychiatrist.
    Absolutely. Her friends should try to give her that advice and as I've stated many times, there is nothing wrong with talking to a psychiatrist. Even if it doesn't change her "being a cat" condition, maybe it will help her with something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    That women should get mental help.

Why isnt she getting help? Why are these people allowed to walk around freely?
    Seriously, this.

I'm so sick of that and the 100 different genders people are making up. Stop making shit up just because you're weird.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    That women should get mental help.

Why isnt she getting help? Why are these people allowed to walk around freely?
    We can't really go around just taking away the freedoms of people without being able to prove that they are dangerous to society. Mental illness does not always = a danger to others. However I completely agree that if she truly believes what she does she needs help asap and no one should be encouraging her to think she is really a cat...

Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    if it hurts them it was wrong - most ppl will allow themselves a shot as long as the odds are very high they will not be hurt
    Should we have a poll on these forums asking people whether or not they think shots hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Genetics is hard and tends to be like a hologram, parts interact with each other and modify each other to make "wholes", finding multiple genes that contribute to one trait tends to be pretty hard. Geneticists are just starting to find things. For instance:

Genes may contribute to making some nations happier than others
    Source: http://www.psypost.org/2016/01/genes...n-others-40213

Interestingly, I have this mutation:
    rsid:rs324420 chromosome:1 position:46870761 allele1:A allele2:C
    Moral beliefs are something that can change a great number of times throughout a person's life, the argument that they are genetic is quite weak.

At social media and in education. WHere else?
    Social media and education are probably the two largest areas where people gather.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

I mean I was linked to this the other day:http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/b...er/#gs.Iv_XaP8
    I honestly don't know what more than half of those terms mean.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure some of these terms have the same meaning. Also, I'm pretty sure those teens don't even know what these words mean.

Edit: Tomboy is a behavior, it shouldn't even be in that list because the sole purpose of it then is to separate people.
    Genderqueer as I understand is anything that's not a definite boy or a girl, which means there is no reason for all the other choices that include multiple or no genders.
    Genderfluid means that at any time you can change your identity. What? Also a "gender that varies over time". Dafuq?
    Other words either have no reason to be there or are same as the other words, which means they have no reason to be there.
    In conclusion, those options are retarded.
    Last edited by Archon14; 2016-02-01 at 11:21 PM.

Does she go outside and mangle a wild bird? Does she mark her sent with her piss? Does she claw the furniture?

If she cant answer yes to any of those questions then SHE ISNT A FUCKING CAT!

Really? Not . . . work?
    That response is rather frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Moral beliefs are relative to each individual. If you follow your tendencies or not, is your choice. Some choose to be altruistic, others do not. Either because they have not cultivated altruism, or because, genetically, it is weak in them from the start, or if they are, it could be because it is a strong tendency in them.

As for your assessment of genetics, it is irrelevant to me. Believe as you see fit.

That does not change the fact that you are not following the Golden Rule, at least not in speech.
    If moral beliefs are genetic, then why do we punish people for acting on their genetic moral beliefs? Wouldn't that be like a form of discrimination, like racism and sexism?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread has gotten off-topic in some parts, and we don't allow trans-anything threads to begin with, Closing this.

CLOSED.