Deleted

New to monk, questions about guard

Hi all

I'm new to monk and am levelling a brewmaster with my friend. my question is when is it "optimal" to use guard. I am only level 30 at the minute but I'm having a blast as brewmaster, love setting things on fire . just a little confused about guard do I use it on CD ? or is there something to take into account before using guard.

please forgive the noobness just trying to figure this out as monk is going to be my main come legion, and I want to maximise my skills on him

thanks
    wikidsik

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Taken from the Brewmaster guide at the top of the forums:

•Guard - Guard is a very solid cooldown that will absorb a certain amount of damage as well as increase the effects of your self heals by a certain percentage for 30 seconds, or until damage taken exceeds the absorb amount. By level 100, Guard will have a second charge, which functions basically the same as your Roll's cooldown. This ability should be kept at one charge at all times, so as to not waste the spell and still have it available for when there is a big hit incoming. If there are multiple hits that are incoming that would exhaust both Guards, you should save both charges, though this is highly dependent on the encounter.
    At your level its up to you how to use it since you don't have a second charge that you want to keep recharging. If you want to use it every time its up, its good healing. If you have heirlooms and are not pulling insane packs then there shouldn't be many times you need Guard unless you pull too much. It is preventative damage, so no harm in using it proactively, just as long as its there when you need it.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

You can use it on CD while leveling, its basically the same as Disc priest Power word: Shield but more OP. It has a 30 second CD and while leveling, it usually lasts for 30 seconds anyway so dont pay much mind to it, In raids and so on, you have to keep an eye on it since its your most used surv tool but while leveling, nothing hurts you enough to actually make it worth spending chi on it.