Deleted

[Megathread] Shroud of Avatar

We are excited to announce the third test of our Free Trial system, running live now through May 31! This will be the longest test so far of the system so that we can gather even more data on uptake, drop-off, conversions, etc.

If you know anyone who would like to try the game for free, then send them to the Download page. These tests are invaluable for us in order to improve the New User Experience and the Free Trial System itself.

Free Trial access during the game’s current Early Access period allows you to play the entire game in any of the Online modes with a few key differences in game play:

• Free Trial Current Time Period: May 10-31, 2017
    • The term (Visitor) is appended to your Character Name
    • Cannot give items to other players via Trade
    • Cannot purchase nor sell items via Player Vendors nor Public Vendors
    • No ownership of property nor use of lot signs
    • Cannot interact with public chests
    • Cannot move/interact with items on a plot even if they are given permissions
    • Cannot flag as Open PVP
    • Cannot gain nor do they create any ransom items when they kill or are killed in PVP (in Open PVP zones)
    • Character data may be deleted after Free Trial period is over if character is not upgraded to a paid account
    • Items purchased in the Add On Store cannot be accessed after the Free Trial Period is over unless you purchase Game Access
    • Cannot play in Offline Mode
    • Can only start on the Path of Love

You can still explore hundreds of scenes, talk with thousands of players, adventure through the opening quests, and gain experience and skills as you get used to the world of New Britannia!
    Source: http://steamcommunity.com/games/3261...30331023073001

"Shroud of Avatar"? What does it even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item-set=665/avatar-raiment
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    While I know nothing about the game, perhaps Avatar is a name, surname or concept of someone or something. Not like THE Avatar or an Avatar of something, but simply Avatar. That'd make sense.
    * do you want to have a bad time?

Disappointed, was expecting a James Cameron introduction, and getting to play as giant blue people who look like they got hit in the face with a shovel.

...Apparently people here have never heard of the Ultima Series and/or the fact your character in those games was the "Avatar" and this is a spiritual successor.

In the Ultima series, your character was The Avatar. The one who basically always upheld the vitrues, yadda yadda. Lord British no longer has the rights to make Ultima games, though, so this is his spiritual successor. Calling it Shroud of the Avatar is an homage to the original series he worked on.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Still waiting for the proper new player experience before really trying. Gave it a shot a while back and can't be bothered to figure it all out right now.

Close to a year later, and the game has just been "released" on steam and to the general public.
    It's "free" if you just want to do the tutorial and some basics - your skills are limited to level 50, and you'll be limited in another bunch of ways.

But, that should be enough to give you a general impression of the game.
    - Official site download (basic client, free account) - here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=69568 (warning: many updates, patches etc)
    - Steam version (not free, quite ridiculously expensive even) http://store.steampowered.com/app/32...saken_Virtues/
    Tip: Enable shadows as soon as you can.

The game is a glare-fest even with the shadows and graphic options all the way up, but some players will not mind it as much as others.
    My overall feel of the game is clunky, unfinished, rushed, ugly.
    Any wiki info on the game is dated to over a year, and the website is still in progress / being overhauled.

I'll pass on this for now,. maybe I'll check back in half a year, but right now it's just giving me a headache.
    The 3D and graphics all look (as i've stated earlier) like they came straight out of some unity 3d website, and were barely polished beyond that.
    The graphics engine seems like a 10 year old unreal engine, and the lighting, oh gods the lighting is awful.
    (and yes I had pretty much everything as high as it could go)
    Last edited by bbr; 2018-04-02 at 12:37 PM.

Nice, didn't know that they had a permanent trial rolling. Will have to give it a spin to see if/how they've improved the new player experience.

Tried a while back and was so confused and lost by everything and didn't have much motivation to learn on my own so I quickly quit. I do want to give the game a shot thought, it has positively gorgeous screenshots of zones constantly coming out, even if a lot of the assets aren't terribly high res/quality. Just gotta find some time now.

Do they still have 1 character slot per account?