Page 1 of 58
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

XCOM 2 early reviews are very good

XCOM 2 Reviews on OpenCritic

Currently sitting at an average score of 91, with 94% of critics recommending the game. That puts it in the top 1.2% of all games reviewed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Is that even a surprise ? X-COM 1 was simply amazing, and all they did in 2 was to fix bugs, add polish and change things people didn't liked. + Even looking at videos made by people with early builds, it was obvious its worthy continuation.

9/10 from GameSpot

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/xcom.../1900-6416347/

Really not surprised.
    Don't know anyone who didn't like XCOM

I am replaying Xcom1 for the third time now (first time with enemy within), and i´m really looking forward to 2.

I'm glad to hear this, i've been really looking forward to this. I went back and played the last xcom after watching some early gameplay footage and was really impressed at the improvements. I'm excited about this.

Deleted
    Are the early reviews only based on early gameplay then? Because I could see some problems with that (I personally did not like the end game of XCOM).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Are the early reviews only based on early gameplay then? Because I could see some problems with that (I personally did not like the end game of XCOM).
    No, full game

I hope they get the pacing right this time. XCom one while a good game had only one viable strategy if you want to succeed in high difficulty levels: Rush satellites. With everything. And the game got faceroll once you made it past the first 2 months.

But what I saw until now makes me quite optimistic. There will be a cookie cutter I am sure, but it doesnt seem to have something like a satellite mechanic.
    A little more diversity in endgame gear wouldn't hurt as well. Everyone in Ghost Armor, with the same beam guns,.... got lame pretty fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moistly awaiting Febuary 5th. Saw yesterday that they announced a selection of mods including some from the Long War guys which is awesome news, was hoping they would adopt some of it's features for #2. Good sign for a full Long War sequel too.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Deleted
    xcom 1 was awesome, Long War raised it to super-awesome.

In terms of tactical gameplay xcom 2 will have a hard job on topping long war, but nevertheless, it will be a great game thanks to tons of other improvements and ofc the new aliens (that appear to be slightly imba^^)

Quote Originally Posted by Silvator View Post

In terms of tactical gameplay xcom 2 will have a hard job on topping long war, but nevertheless, it will be a great game thanks to tons of other improvements and ofc the new aliens (that appear to be slightly imba^^)
    Long war crushed me, then I started crushing it, now I can't play xcom 1, it feels like a walk in the park compared to long war.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvator View Post

I believe Firaxis has been working with the people who made that and other popular mods.

Deleted
    Xcom 2 is now being played on Twitch, go and check it out.

I wish I didn't suck too much to enjoy these games. I love everything else, aesthetics, premise, and atmosphere. I'm just not enough of a tactical thinker, and I get way too attached to individual units.
    ( ; , , ; )

15+ Year Old Account
    Awww, I never noticed Long War...I hardly get in to workshop things. Now I feel like I missed out >.>

Still super hyped for 2 to the point I'm a little worried that I'm too excited for it and it's going to hurt me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vightnic View Post
    I wish I didn't suck too much to enjoy these games. I love everything else, aesthetics, premise, and atmosphere. I'm just not enough of a tactical thinker, and I get way too attached to individual units.
    There are a few mods that make the game easier. You can get the gameplay and story while you tailor the challenge to your ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    I'm a little worried that I'm too excited for it and it's going to hurt me.
    You just have to breath and push into it.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    You just have to breath and push into it.
    Deep breathes and relax my body, got it. I think I'm ready for this, I'll just slowly ease in to it.

Yes, it's looking like a real solid sequel. I really like their interest in modding.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    all they did in 2 was to fix bugs, add polish and change things people didn't liked.
    That's way undercutting what they did. Is the base mechanic still the same, yeah the base mechanic is still the same. They changed a lot. They added a lot.