Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Or for things like Long War, which I'd happily drop console support for personally.
    Come on, you know it is for Thomas the tank engine skins, and nudity mods.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    So I don't get XCom 2 on my console, because people want to play as Shrek? Fuck me.

There will be a animu and mango mod for every console complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on, you know it is for Thomas the tank engine skins, and nudity mods.
    Those are just added benefits .
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Great, now XCOM 3 will start with us failing the AVATAR Project. =(
    Wouldn't this just result in bunch of Psionic Super Saiyans mind controlling everyone? Rather hard to built plot from that - unless you lead a bunch hacked Advent MECs and Shen is the tinfoil hat wearing Commander.

So I don't get XCom 2 on my console, because people want to play as Shrek? Fuck me.
    It's a little more complex than that but the answer wouldn't personally benefit you so I am sure you don't want to hear it. I really don't care to hear the complaining since I still can't play Destiny on PC and I refuse to pay Xbone/Ps4 $50 a year to play on the internet that I already payed for.

I'm using mods to increase the turn timer by 4 turns so I can actually enjoy a game and actually complete objectives that would normally not be achievable due to random map generator making it impossible. I also intend to try out the other classes that people have made to see if they make the game better. I also like the mod that makes it so you don't have to level your guys up to get the costume unlocks I already unlocked in my first play through. But yeah, Thomas the train and useless stuff like that.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-02-12 at 08:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

There is also a mod to restart a level so if you get stuck with a map that your extraction site spawns outside the physical map you can restart the map and spawn it differently.

- - - Updated - - -

I have only seen one cute mod and that was turning Corgi's into guns.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    There is also a mod to restart a level so if you get stuck with a map that your extraction site spawns outside the physical map you can restart the map and spawn it differently.
    A new extraction zone should appear on second turn, it's only that you still have two map icons. No reloading is necessary... assuming it isn't a different bug, which is entirely possible with this game.

Had another weird bug. In a retaliation mission, a Berserker somehow caught fire on the other side of the map, activating his whole pod and charging towards me. 'Course, he's accompanied by Lancers and they decide to split and proceed to slaughter two civilians per round. Now instead of ~8 turns, I have around 4, unless I use someone as a Lancer bait. Also, those were Heavies, so no silly 2 hp pokes but they actually hurt.

And, of course, a Ranger couldn't see a big ass muton while standing right next to him, allowing it to knock another soldier unconscious.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2016-02-12 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I'm dying here.

"Eat Pizza, Cool"

Shameless reminder of this thread, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...sharing-thread

Only 4 enlisted, stop slacking.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Just beat the game. Final mission was pretty cool, with a pretty tough final fight. I had to reload after I killed 2 Avatars but had 2 deaths of my own, and I just couldn't keep up enough DPS on the last Avatar. Went back to a slightly earlier save and killed it with no deaths. Last blow was pretty amusing, my superstar Ranger Colonel Tom "Wanny" Carlton(named after one of my WoW friends)resisted a Mind Control, then ran up and Rapid Fire two shot the last Avatar(it had already lost a chunk of HP). Was pretty nice having the Commander fight too, the Mind Control is so sick(MCd an Archon in the final fight, that guy was a nice meatshield at the very least).

10+ Year Old Account
    So, what is your favourite visual bug guys ? Mine is "ascension to heaven" when enemy who can leap on high ground (mec or chrisalid) gets caught into multiple overwatches during leap and never stop ascending to heaven.

MC'd a gatekeeper who was my scout/meatshield for the remainder of the final mission.

Boss fight was fairly uneventful. My sniper scored a 9 streak kill which was fricking awesome (on the little tower by the gates).

In case you didn't know you can mind control a gate keeper and zombify dead humanoids multiple times, not just once. You can make a zombie army which is under your control and reenact Thriller.

Having finally leveled a psy I find that they are average with one rediculous I win button, dominate which not only turns the toughest enemies into jokes but they turn them into your jokes with the exception of sectopod, which you can just gear up to make them into jokes. They are mid to late game monsters, where rangers are early to mid game monsters and should be replacing your Rangers on your squad in the late game.

I still run with 1 ranger end game for their high crit shooting, add Ap ammo and crit enhancing PC and weapon upgrades you should be hitting consistently for 15-18 damage. Ignoring 4 points of armor is just merciless.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-02-13 at 10:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished the game finally. The last mission was really cool and a nice challenge. To be honest though I felt like the game got a little repetitive towards the end. The only really interesting missions I felt was when the UFO attacks the Avenger and the final mission. I feel that the story missions needed more variety other than go to the end of the map and pick up the mission item.

Another thing and this is more about being spoiled from Fire Emblem, but I feel like the game doesn't give you enough information. In Fire Emblem you can look at your enemies and see their stats, weapons, and abilities. You can also see their movement and attack range. This fact basically turns the game into positioning yourself in such a way that you can kill all the enemies that have been aggroed in 1 turn because if any of them live then they are going to get wounded most likely and be out of commission for a while. Since you don't quite know what their movement and attack range is, you have to kinda guess if you want to position your characters in such a way that they are safe. You also can't click on the enemy to see what their abilities are so finding an enemy for the first time is almost always a guaranteed trip to the med center. Some of these problems could be countered by medkits preventing the wounded status.

Regardless I want all of the necessary information so I can make the proper decisions. That way any damage taken is a result of my own bad decisions and/or bad luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    can one cure Poison/burning/etc using a Gremlin?...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    I thought it did? I've heard an alternative for burning though, apparantly if you run into a water feature the fire gets doused. Never tried it myself so I can't confirm it.

I know for sure it cures poison.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    It cures almost everything. Except mental effects I think. Also if your character gets burned and you cure them before they take damage they won't get wounded.

Does anyone know of scum saving works on which psychic power you get to learn next? Last play through Dominate was the last ability on the list that my psyop could learn and it kep me from using him for almost 2 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Gremlins cure burning/acid/poison/chrissalid poison. It's got an app for that.