Ret PvP: After versatility should I be stacking mastery or haste?

I haven't played ret in awhile. i remember that both mastery and haste were viable in season 1 and it came down to preference. Is it still preference or does one beat out the other now?

Stack Mastery and then Versatility.

Deleted
    Ret was my first class, and class I loved since TBC.
    But with MoP and Wod I started losing hope for ret, always going in the same direction of being the worst class in 3s, and only able to play ret/hunter/healer.
    Lately I started grearing it (last time was wod s1), and i've been stacking mastery flat out, over the normal versa because it makes a 30k hit verdict turn into a 30k and 30k HoL, so it's very bursty if that's what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Animefreak3K View Post
    Stack Mastery and then Versatility.
    No, that's not right. Versatility is still the number one stat in PvP for rets.

It's not nessecary to stack versatility really high. If you're using the 2pc setboni, you cannt stack Versatility that high, because wear sethelm+setshoulders.
    Since this season, we can stack mastery that high, stacking up versatilty that high it not always the way to go.

If you do some math you will see, that you can stack more mastery for a small amount of mastery. 3-4% versatilty isn't worth loosing 10-13% Mastery. You can easily stack mastery up to 80% (w/o buff+proc), and still have 20% versatility (If you're playing with the insignia!).

Quote Originally Posted by Animefreak3K View Post
    It's not nessecary to stack versatility really high. If you're using the 2pc setboni, you cannt stack Versatility that high, because wear sethelm+setshoulders.
    Since this season, we can stack mastery that high, stacking up versatilty that high it not always the way to go.

If you do some math you will see, that you can stack more mastery for a small amount of mastery. 3-4% versatilty isn't worth loosing 10-13% Mastery. You can easily stack mastery up to 80% (w/o buff+proc), and still have 20% versatility (If you're playing with the insignia!).
    Ok buddy, all depends what comp you run and what spec. If you are running Dancing Seals then Versatility all the way, if you are running comps like Vanguard clv where you are the main target then also versatility but if you run Cupid with Rshammy, chances are people will go your hunter or Rshammy (walking dead/jungle) in that case you can get away with mass Mastery, there is a rank 4 Ret, Ramp..something i believe, he stacks mastery on both of his Rets Be/Human, his BE ret is highest Horde Ret atm and he runs Cupid. this is for arena. For RBGs you MUST stack mastery all the way, even get that stats only trinket Mastery/Str over Trinket on use, since ret's sustain dmg/aoe is crap as it is, so if you want break 2k cr in RBGs as Ret this you must stack mastery. For Wpvp/duels does not really matter anything will work. Currently i stack mastery and i find it very rewarding, but most Rets stack versatility.