Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Any religion that requires something, be that human or animal, to suffer needlessly before it is killed needs to be banned.
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    The quality of the meat is lessened the more stressed the animal when butchered, which is why you stun it so it won't stress out and pump itself full of adrenaline.

The lactic acid that builds up when the muscles are tense affects the ph levels in the meat which makes affects tenderness and taste.
    I did not know this, very interesting post.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is kind of interesting. Glad to see that they didn't exclude one religion over the other and actually went and put their foot down for both the Jews and Muslims. I guess neither can scream racism and religious bigotry when their methods of slaughtering animals are more cruel.

fucking religious people and their rights.

i should be allowed to do things no-one else is because i believe in a sky man, go to a country that supports that shit then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    This is kind of interesting. Glad to see that they didn't exclude one religion over the other and actually went and put their foot down for both the Jews and Muslims. I guess neither can scream racism and religious bigotry when their methods of slaughtering animals are more cruel.
    of course they can, thats pretty much rule 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Luwny View Post
    Yeah there might not be, its just that it's about what's allowed and what is not. I'm curious if there are any particular rules on how to hunt, actual law enforced rules not a 'hunter's code'
    It'd be hard to enforce.

For instance, if you missed your shot and hit the gut instead of the front-rib cage.. is it abuse? Letting it wander without tracking it to finish it might be.. but what if you lost it?

Laws for animal abuse regarding hunters is hard because you'd require everyone to have perfect accuracy and animals to never move unexpectedly. A good hunter takes the best shot he can to kill in a single shot (and that means no stupid "aim for the head lolz!" idiots) and when that fails, follows the animal to put it out of it's pain as quickly as possible. A bad hunter shrugs at his misses and walks away.

That article is so poorly written and so obviously biased that I'll reserve judgement until clarification happens: is it illegal to eat/posses/sell halal and kosher meat? Not mentioned.

Deleted
    Yeah, go Denmark !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wikinger View Post
    DENMARK has provoked the fury of Muslim and Jewish groups by banning Halal and Kosher slaughter on animal rights grounds.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...rights-grounds
    I am glad there's finally an end to this barbaric practice.

I hope it will be soon followed by similar laws in the rest of the EU.

While we're there, it's time to end the ritual genital mutilation of children as well.
    Last edited by mmoc00230c3bbe; 2016-02-02 at 01:20 AM.

Deleted
    whatever hurts religion is something that has my full support

10+ Year Old Account
    Now where am I going to get my kosher Danish bacon from?

It's a joke, not a good one admittedly.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Jewish and Muslim people in that country should sue the government for infringing on their rights to practice their religious beliefs.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how they immediately pulled the anti-semitism card.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    It'd be hard to enforce.

For instance, if you missed your shot and hit the gut instead of the front-rib cage.. is it abuse? Letting it wander without tracking it to finish it might be.. but what if you lost it?

Laws for animal abuse regarding hunters is hard because you'd require everyone to have perfect accuracy and animals to never move unexpectedly. A good hunter takes the best shot he can to kill in a single shot (and that means no stupid "aim for the head lolz!" idiots) and when that fails, follows the animal to put it out of it's pain as quickly as possible. A bad hunter shrugs at his misses and walks away.
    Generally speaking, you aim for the heart. Unless it's hunting for food (and even then), you'll want that head as a trophy, and shooting the heart is the fastest way to finish it off.

On topic: good. Exsanguination is so fucking barbaric, I'm surprised sane people still do that as opposed to a bolt through the brain or any other method of stunning before killing. Maybe if those idiots tried some unconscious bacon they'd stop believing everything written in those stupid texts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    The Jewish and Muslim people in that country should sue the government for infringing on their rights to practice their religious beliefs.
    Religious rights should end at your doorstep. Do whatever the fuck you want in your home (unless you're some kind of aztec cultist that needs to sacrifice a human every week), but don't bother other people with your particular set of imaginary rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    I love how they immediately pulled the anti-semitism card.
    Of course they did. They'll continue doing it till people tell them they don't give a fuck anymore. So maybe in another 2-300 years. But knowing jews, they'll keep on playing the victim till the heat death of the universe.
    Last edited by Ærion; 2016-02-02 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    Generally speaking, you aim for the heart. Unless it's hunting for food (and even then), you'll want that head as a trophy, and shooting the heart is the fastest way to finish it off.
    That was my point

Front-rib is just more descriptive when noting how easy it'd be to miss and be guilty of "animal abuse" if there was a law like that.

Two pages in at it seems noone has noticed the article in the OP is two years old...

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see what the big deal is, other than to make nationalists and anti-religionists happy. Kosher and Halal meat aren't any more inhuman than most factory farming procedures. Who cares whose god the animal was killed in the name of?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Good! I hope every country does this!

Why are we discussing a near 2 year old article?

Like, here im sitting, thinking to myself, have i missed something in danish news? But no, what i missed was the fact that this article was published 14.26, Tue, Feb 18, 2014. that is like 2 years ago.

So why do we discuss this now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by srathgar View Post
    Why are we discussing a near 2 year old article?

Like, here im sitting, thinking to myself, have i missed something in danish news? But no, what i missed was the fact that this article was published 14.26, Tue, Feb 18, 2014. that is like 2 years ago.

So why do we discuss this now?
    Maybe OP thought it didn't get enough attention 2 years ago?

Ah! No! I know! He time traveled from the past and didn't notice yet! ...or something like that.

Another possibility is he lived in his closet the last 2 years and decided to catch up on news!