Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    Git hungering cold treatment you scrubs. (For those that don't know hungering cold was a frost dk talent that instantly froze everyone around you for 5 seconds (breaks on damage); They gave it 1.5s cast time and suddenly no one used it any more. Then they made it into stacking abomination it is today, that's still p. much ignored because it's still shit.)
    Obviously it gets nerfed if it instantly ccs everyone for a long time

I'm not defending long lasting instant CCs, I'm saying that the best way to deal with them is to make sure they aren't in the game to begin with, NOT giving them cast times and calling it balanced.

"We're going to reduce CC" Said one dev or another every expansion ever.
    Reduce cc in alpha, bring it back in beta, say that you're still tuning, release original amount of cc or more live for new exp, profit?

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Repentance was pretty bad. Giving a 1.5 second cast CC to a melee for a 4 second disorient that breaks on damage.
    Repentance sucks too, but at least it has 15 secs CD, Shadowfury has 30 secs CD.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soccio View Post
    Obviously it gets nerfed if it instantly ccs everyone for a long time
    It got get nerfed because of all the double DK (Frost) arena teams, Stalincleave to be exact, and TSG's. It was pretty fun while it lasted.

Is this thread real? Does OP not know what all Rogues, among other class/specs are losing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Paralysis is a 15s CD

Outlaw doesn't get Sap

Blind is Outlaw only

We're 8+ months from release, but by all means harass the devs about it
    Difference is that Paralysis shares DR with a shit ton of other abilities and usually only lasts for 4s max assuming no DR on the target where as Blind lasts 8s duration every time (unless they are going to put it in the same DR and duration class as paralysis for Legion, in which case, it'll be fine).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydeertay View Post
    Is this thread real? Does OP not know what all Rogues, among other class/specs are losing?
    Numbers are easily adjusted, class gameplay is a lot harder.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Ok then. Let's give all DKs a 10s cooldown death grip with two charges because we're losing so, so much. Does that sound reasonable to you?

Low cooldown instant CC is why wow's pvp has been in the sh*tter since cataclysm. I don't care what you lose. If that stays it'll continue to suck because then everyone would whine and also get low-cooldown instant CC, bringing us back to MoP.

Do you want to go back to MoP PvP? I don't. And if you do you're the reason this game sucks.

From legion alpha:

Can someone tweet at holinka to fix that sheet before it goes live like MoP stampede / cata hungering cold?
    Yeah they need to give Sap back to Outlaw and make Blind a 2 min cool down again.

Yeah, I also think that 60 second of CC is kinda too long. :-/

at least other classes have cc. priests don't have shit. they have silence oh wait it's a 45 sec cd and can lock you out. rogues will always have too much cc, too much dps in addition to too much cc, and too much escape for too much cc and dps.

"It was a really fun duel dude"

He spent more than half his time unable to move or do anything, and that's what he calls fun? Huh...

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Yeah, I also think that 60 second of CC is kinda too long. :-/
    I assume you're kidding, if not, it's the tooltip, it lasts for 8 in PvP, same with all 1 minute CCs.
    Last edited by TeeZed; 2016-02-04 at 02:50 AM.

Deleted
    Wow that ... is broken, haha ... but well I doubt that they have even gotten to the point of balancing stuff, especially when you consider that 1/3 of the specs are still not playable.

However you can't really compare polymorph with rogue ccs.
    A mage is unable to get back into stealth during a polymorph to do even more cc. A rogue can as it has been shown in the duel ... so different classes are different and thus can't be compared that easyly.

WE DID IT!

Blind is back to 2 minutes as of the alpha build during this post.

Good.

Edit: Parley (talent that replaces blind but does charm instead of disorient) is still 20s cooldown... I hope it's an oversight.
    Last edited by Saberstrike; 2016-02-11 at 11:29 AM.

Deleted
    IMO every class should have 1 or 2 unique CC spells, on cooldowns. Every class shouldn't have 4-5 on short cooldowns. It makes PvP terrible boring. I hate being ganked by rogues but they can be the exception as it's always been their thing.

WE DID IT!

Blind is back to 2 minutes as of the alpha build during this post.

Good.

Edit: Parley (talent that replaces blind but does charm instead of disorient) is still 20s cooldown... I hope it's an oversight.
    I think they want Parley to be a choice as a talent or else no one would choose to lose Blind over Parley. You can see that in the PVP tree where Dismantle replaces Blind, as they lowered the cool down of Dismantle to 45s.

Parley doesn't work against targets that are in combat like Blind does, so I think they will end up increasing the CD to 45s IMVHO.