Quick UI question

+1000 cookies for whoever fixes this:

So im doing garrison invasions. I can't see the "counter" for how many points we got. This is also a problem for many other things like DMF racing....And on and on and on...:/

Im sure its some addon blocking it, but I have no idea.

MoveAnything might be a help? Just dont know what the counter is called in first place.

If somebody maybe knows what this counter is called for invasion or DMF racing, maybe that would help.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

The only thing addon-related I can find is HealUI. If you are using that, the counter is supposedly between your health and mana/rage/etc.

If you aren't using that addon, try searching for PlayerPowerBarAlt in MoveAnything. If it's not in there, try /move PlayerPowerBarAlt. Many special counters use that, but I personally don't know if that's the frame you're looking for. I'm away from my computer, but if I can remember, I'll do something to pull up a counter and see what frame it is.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    The only thing addon-related I can find is HealUI. If you are using that, the counter is supposedly between your health and mana/rage/etc.

If you aren't using that addon, try searching for PlayerPowerBarAlt in MoveAnything. If it's not in there, try /move PlayerPowerBarAlt. Many special counters use that, but I personally don't know if that's the frame you're looking for. I'm away from my computer, but if I can remember, I'll do something to pull up a counter and see what frame it is.
    I see moveanything recognise /move PlayerPowerBarAlt but nothing pops up that I can re-size/move etc? Disabled all addons but moveanything, did /move PlayerPowerBarAlt and still nothing:s

- - - Updated - - -

Still abit wierd, no luck with it

When you use that /move command, absolutely nothing happens or does a mover frame appear but still no PlayerPowerBarAlt frame? If a mover frame appeared, PlayerPowerBarAlt is somehow offscreen. Click "C H" and "C V" to center the frame.

If nothing appears or that doesn't work, close out of the game, navigate to C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<account id>\<server>\<character> and open layout-local.txt in whatever text editor you like. Search for PlayerPowerBarAlt. If you find it, delete that line you found it on and six lines below it. The lines you're deleting will look like this:

Frame: PlayerPowerBarAlt
    FrameLevel: <number>
    Anchor: <some direction>
    X: <number>
    Y: <number>
    W: <number>
    H: <number>

If that doesn't work, would you mind pasting a list of all your addons here? You can get your addons from a recent error from an error addon or your AddOns.txt in the same folder I mentioned above.

No idea why I my frames ends blank, its in the very last line and has no Y W H lines, just Frame: PlayerPowerBarAlt...check bottom

Y: -164
    W: 100
    H: 100
    Frame: PetBattleMover8
    FrameLevel: 1
    Anchor: LEFT
    X: 128
    Y: -152
    W: 574
    H: 118
    Frame: BankBagFrame2
    Anchor: TOP
    X: 96
    Y: -61
    W: 192
    H: 259
    Frame: FramerateLabelMover
    Anchor: BOTTOMRIGHT
    X: -215
    Y: 96
    W: 85
    H: 18
    Frame: ArchaeologyFrame
    Anchor: TOPLEFT
    X: 3
    Y: -25
    W: 550
    H: 525
    Frame: PlayerPowerBarAlt

AckisRecipeList: enabled
    Decursive: enabled
    Outfitter: enabled
    TheCollector: disabled
    QuestHelper: disabled
    Omen: disabled
    Recount: enabled
    DBM-Core: enabled
    DBM-GUI: enabled
    DBM-ChamberOfAspects: enabled
    DBM-Coliseum: enabled
    DBM-EyeOfEternity: enabled
    DBM-Icecrown: enabled
    DBM-Naxx: enabled
    DBM-Onyxia: enabled
    DBM-Party-Cataclysm: enabled
    DBM-Party-WotLK: enabled
    DBM-PvP: enabled
    DBM-Ulduar: enabled
    DBM-VoA: enabled
    DBM-WorldEvents: enabled
    Collectinator: enabled
    Auc-Advanced: enabled
    Auc-ScanData: enabled
    Auc-Filter-Basic: enabled
    Auc-Stat-Histogram: enabled
    Auc-Stat-iLevel: enabled
    Auc-Stat-Purchased: enabled
    Auc-Stat-Simple: enabled
    Auc-Stat-StdDev: enabled
    Auc-Util-FixAH: enabled
    BeanCounter: enabled
    Enchantrix: enabled
    Enchantrix-Barker: enabled
    Informant: enabled
    SlideBar: enabled
    Stubby: enabled
    !Swatter: enabled
    Auctionator: enabled
    TitanXP: disabled
    Broker_TolBarad: disabled
    ButtonBin: disabled
    Archy: enabled
    SexyCooldown: disabled
    DroodFocus: disabled
    NeedToKnow: enabled
    nUI_InfoPanel_Archy: disabled
    Postal: enabled
    Quartz: enabled
    TitanCoords: enabled
    TitanGoldTracker: enabled
    TitanGold: enabled
    TitanLocation: disabled
    TitanPerformance: enabled
    TitanRepair: enabled
    Titan: enabled
    DBM-BaradinHold: enabled
    DBM-BlackwingDescent: enabled
    DBM-BastionTwilight: enabled
    DBM-ThroneFourWinds: enabled
    TitanAmmo: enabled
    TitanBag: disabled
    TitanClock: disabled
    TitanLootType: disabled
    TitanRegen: disabled
    TitanVolume: disabled
    DBM-Firelands: enabled
    LordRhyolithFooters: disabled
    DBM-TheEye: enabled
    DBM-AQ40: enabled
    DBM-Sunwell: enabled
    DBM-Serpentshrine: enabled
    DBM-AQ20: enabled
    DBM-Party-BC: enabled
    DBM-Outlands: enabled
    Ace3: enabled
    LibAboutPanel: enabled
    AceGUI-3.0-SharedMediaWidgets: enabled
    LibBabble-DigSites-3.0: enabled
    CallbackHandler-1.0: enabled
    LibDBIcon-1.0: enabled
    LibDialog-1.0: enabled
    LibStub: enabled
    LibQTip-1.0: enabled
    LibSharedMedia-3.0: enabled
    LibSink-2.0: enabled
    LibToast-1.0: enabled
    DBM-BlackTemple: enabled
    DBM-BWL: enabled
    DBM-Karazhan: enabled
    DBM-MC: enabled
    DBM-Hyjal: enabled
    CombustionHelper: disabled
    myBigIgnite: disabled
    Chatter: enabled
    VuhDo: disabled
    VuhDoOptions: disabled
    Prat-3.0_HighCPUUsageModules: enabled
    Prat-3.0: enabled
    Prat-3.0_Libraries: enabled

NOTE: I HAVE DIFFERENT ADDON ENABELED ETC ON CHARS.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone have an idea? Seems wierd.

Can anyone run /move PlayerPowerBarAlt themselfs and see if they got a moveable frame?
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2016-02-03 at 09:54 AM.

Did you delete that line in layout-local.txt and start the game? The fact that the line had nothing after it is probably the reason it won't show ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Did you delete that line in layout-local.txt and start the game? The fact that the line had nothing after it is probably the reason it won't show ingame.
    tried delete or so, also tried give it its own heigth etc copied from another working thing.

I have no idea by now...just gonna shoot a quick video Would make this faster I guess.

thanks again for your help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93v0...=DjuntasGaming

- - - Updated - - -

Bump! I went madness-mode and disabeled addons WHILE doing goren invasion. Trying to disable 1-5 addons at a time not leeching to much (we got plat lol!)

As soon as I disabeled Shadow unit frames addon (it has 2 addons, options and SUF) poof...there it was at the top mid of screen like I seen ppl on youtube has it.

PlayerPowerBarAlt didnt work with SUF disabeled. Still don't get any frames I can move or re-size, but disabeling SUF made it show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    That's frustrating. Your PlayerPowerBarAlt really is missing. Not that I didn't believe you, but that's very odd, and I don't see any addon in your list that messes with it, or I'm unfamiliar with one that could. A last resort would be to fully delete that layout-local file as well as your MoveAnything saved variables, but my next suggestion is a little more invasive.

• Install Notepad++
    • Open it and then open the find tool (ctrl + f or the standard binoculars icon)
    • Click the Find in Files tab
    • In the first box, type PlayerPowerBarAlt
    • To the right of the Directory box, click the "..." button and navigate to WoW's Interface/AddOn folder
    • Click "Find All"
    • When it's done, right click the new Search "PlayerPowerBarAlt" header and select "Collapse all" then click the plus sign on the left

List here what addons popped up. I sort of what to do the same thing with your WTF directory, but hopefully that won't be necessary.

As a side note, Notepad doesn't recognize UNIX line breaks, which is why that layout-local file looked like one text blob. Open the layout-local file in Notepad++ to see the difference.

EDIT: Just noticed your updated post. That's great! I hope you find a way to keep it and SUF. I'll keep this post the way it is just in case.

EDIT2: Another note, I just remembered that the AddOns.txt list is mostly useless as a complete list since addons you've never changed (manually disabled/enabled) aren't listed there unless you've used the disable/enable all at least once. SUF isn't in the list you pasted here.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2016-02-04 at 04:09 PM.

Search "PlayerPowerBarAlt" (12 hits in 5 files)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\MoveAnything\!Changelog.txt (1 hit)
    Line 447: * PlayerPowerBarAltMover
    C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\MoveAnything\FrameList.lua (1 hit)
    Line 351: local pbab = API:AddElement({name = "PlayerPowerBarAltMover", displayName = "Player Alternative Power Bar"}, c)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\MoveAnything\MoveAnything.lua (3 hits)
    Line 236: Boss = "PlayerPowerBarAltMover",
    Line 5398: if MovAny:IsModified(PlayerPowerBarAltCounterBar) then
    Line 5399: MovAny:ResetFrame(PlayerPowerBarAltCounterBar)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\MoveAnything\VirtualMovers.lua (6 hits)
    Line 1010: PlayerPowerBarAltMover = {
    Line 1015: local b = PlayerPowerBarAlt
    Line 1018: b:SetPoint("CENTER", PlayerPowerBarAltMover, "CENTER")
    Line 1036: local b = PlayerPowerBarAlt
    Line 1040: local b = PlayerPowerBarAlt
    Line 1072: local b = PlayerPowerBarAlt
    C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\ShadowedUnitFrames\ShadowedUnitFrames.lua (1 hit)

Could it be Shadow unit frames? I bolded it to make it stand out. I disable it, and it seems to work somewhat normaly in 2 invasions now. I re-size it etc when SUF is not enabeled. When I re-enable it, I cant move it etc as normal, and when i DISABLE SUF again, its down in the left cornor, almost hidden not in the place I put it when SUF was first placed, and I haft to move it again up.

- - - Updated - - -

yep...update:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/betterpowerbaralt Installed this. Works PERFECT (I think? new addon lol!) without SUF enabeled, and when I enable SUF...poof gone, nothing. Wont even do stuff with the addons commands

This was good link if any has same problems: http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/25/p...don-spotlight/

Now I know its actually a frame that hides ALOT of important stuff like raid bosses etc...like Antramedes sound bar.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2016-02-04 at 02:21 PM.

Looking through the code of SUF, there's a "player alt. power" option under a "hide frames" option. I'm not at a computer to actually see SUF options, but check there.

DONE! I unchecked 2 things in SUF, reset the moveanything frame, so I had no interaction with moveanything and the frame powerbaralt, then used the addon to move the frame, did some small things after that and it just works 10/10

Who wants to do Cata hc raids like Chogall for blood counter, avoiding that stuff xD`?!

Kanegasi +1000 cookies! Total nice, are you by any chance in IT or a service industry...very nice explanation so even I could do your stuff

Have you tried turning it on and off?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    Sorry couldnt resist fixing it

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Sorry couldnt resist fixing it
    I was going to edit the post but I'm on my phone and I'm lazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

DONE! I unchecked 2 things in SUF, reset the moveanything frame, so I had no interaction with moveanything and the frame powerbaralt, then used the addon to move the frame, did some small things after that and it just works 10/10
    Fantastic news! I'm glad this was resolved!

Kanegasi +1000 cookies! Total nice, are you by any chance in IT or a service industry...very nice explanation so even I could do your stuff
    I actually have zero IT, service, or help experience. I'm more or less in technical labor in the Nuclear industry. I'm just comfortable with computers and self-taught myself Lua over the past 7 months.

Thats nice Well thanks!