Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Japan officially denies WWII ‘comfort women’ practice

http://www.mb.com.ph/japan-officiall...omen-practice/

Moscow – Japan has officially denied the forced nature of the World War II-era “comfort women” phenomenon involving Asian women becoming sex slaves for Japanese soldiers, South Korean media said Sunday.

With the exact number of women involved in the practice still a subject of debate, most of the women were taken from countries occupied by Japan between 1932 and 1945, mainly Korea, China and the Philippines. Young women from occupied territories were recruited via abduction of deceit, according to testimonies.

“The government of Japan has conducted a full-scale fact-finding study on the comfort women issue since the early 1990s when the issue started to be taken up as a political issue between Japan and the Republic of Korea… Forceful taking away of comfort women by the military and government authorities could not be confirmed in any of the documents,” the Japanese government’s statement, submitted to the UN Committee on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW), said, Yonhap news agency reported.

The statement comes despite the late 2015 settlement between Japan and South Korea of the “comfort women” dispute. Japan issued an apology and agreed to pay over US$ 8 million in reparation to victims of the practice still alive, while South Korea pledged to close the issue in a final and irreversible manner.

Nothing new then? They have denied it for 70+ years already, another 30 and they have probably sat out the issue when the last person that remembers bites the dust.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Nothing new then? They have denied it for 70+ years already, another 30 and they have probably sat out the issue when the last person that remembers bites the dust.
    Somewhere in the next 100 years they will teach their children that they themselves were the victims. Funny how that goes sometimes.

Not that I am too worried that Japanese will still reproduce at the end of the century. They seem way too awkward for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Somewhere in the next 100 years they will teach their children that they themselves were the victims. Funny how that goes sometimes.

Not that I am too worried that Japanese will still reproduce at the end of the century. They seem way too awkward for that.
    Western guys are very popular there (Unless you are a weeb, they do not like them)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Western guys are very popular there (Unless you are a weeb, they do not like them)
    No one does. ...

/shakeshead

10+ Year Old Account
    No one does. ...

/shakeshead
    There is more of a dislike for weebs in Japan. Mostly because they assume anime is accurate Japanese culture.

You mean Kung Fu Panda, Pokemon, My Little Pony and Bleach fanbois?

P.S.: Sry, forgot Naruto.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Deleted
    There is more of a dislike for weebs in Japan. Mostly because they assume anime is accurate Japanese culture.
    Really? I wouldn't know anymore, thanks to the internet

It's like they have a serious image problem then!

What confuses me is that Japan is denying it yet again, immediately after that agreement with Korea over sex slaves just a month or two ago.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Depends entirely on what kind of anime you watch, there are plenty out there that give a more accurate picture of Japanese culture.. they usually don't involve harem though and you won't find the main protagonists on body-pillows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Depends entirely on what kind of anime you watch, there are plenty out there that give a more accurate picture of Japanese culture.. they usually don't involve harem though and you won't find the main protagonists on body-pillows.
    I thought body pillow motives were kind of like similar to rule 34 though?

Deleted
    really? I think I once read somewhere that is considered shameful for a japanese woman to marry a foreigner

OT: But, but your great grand daddy did something bad, your country should feel bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    What confuses me is that Japan is denying it yet again, immediately after that agreement with Korea over sex slaves just a month or two ago.
    Exactly! Like wtf Japan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    really? I think I once read somewhere that is considered shameful for a japanese woman to marry a foreigner

OT: But, but your great grand daddy did something bad, your country should feel bad!
    Its an interesting shift. Japanese women do not find Japanese men attractive.

I dont think its about the feel bad part, its history revisionism.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post

No, he is right. You would not believe exactly how much right he is unless you have been there yourself. Google it.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    xD

Japan can't decide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    xD

Japan can't decide.
    It is interesting. The issue was basically settled. It was a small settlement to the living victims, and a public acknowledgement. Then this happens, and its very illogical.

Technically, that true.
    USA put them in position either they die silently or fight and might survive.
    Then ignored them while acting innocent and ignorant of their action.

All of USA higher up was away in party while waiting for world to get burn when Japan try to contact them to declare war.
    They know they will attack, they just want them to do enough damage to justified their action against them.

.....Yes, I am playing too much games....

Are they still denying Nanjing Massacre too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Its an interesting shift. Japanese women do not find Japanese men attractive.

I dont think its about the feel bad part, its history revisionism.
    Yeah, I've heared this on TV once and it made me wonder.
    There really seems to be something really "off" with the men in Japan, that are often turned inward and can't seem to grasp healthy social behavior.

That strange awkwardness I mentioned earlier really seems the best way to describe them.