Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Imperialism isn't dead it seems
    Lel
    I vote we pull back from the rest of the world and let them rot like WW2. We should have let the Nazzis take over europe.

Deleted
    Imagine if the EU quadrupled spending within the US to fight immigration on the southern border. I bet the Americans would love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Imagine if the EU quadrupled spending within the US to fight immigration on the southern border. I bet the Americans would love that.
    I would. If they actually helped with illegal immigration I don't think anyone would be upset.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Whats funny is Denmark would be pronounced the same way.
    Not really no, unless you either don't pronouce the R or pronouce Q's with an R infront of it.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing how much money we could save if we kept our troops actually defending the homeland.

Deleted
    Well, they'll be spending zero bucks setting up outposts in Finland, that's for sure.

Then again... They are already training here... Hmm, perhaps the tentacles of the US military complex are making their way to Finland as well. Sigh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Military spending, while massively overblown, isn't exactly an unnecessary fancy thing.
    At the rate we spend, it kinda is.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    We are really just preparing for Swedenstan, Germanstan, and Denmarkstan.
    Lol yup.
    And russiastan.

Deleted
    I reaally wish murican government would stop grooming us for war.

15+ Year Old Account
    Headline reads to me: "US military accidentally spends money in units smaller than Trillions: soon to be corrected"
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Auberjean View Post
    I reaally wish murican government would stop grooming us for war.
    The problem is not just with the American government, which holds the lions' share of the blame but there's also fault with investors around the world who basically don't give a fuck where war starts, even in their own country as long as there are profits to be had by it. Selling to and dealing with both sides of a conflict is a several hundred years old golden ticket to fast and easy riches and the general populace has always gotten the shaft from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Headline reads to me: "US military accidentally spends money in units smaller than Trillions: soon to be corrected"
    More or less correct, though we'll never know the extent of the spending due to the Pentagons' longstanding practice of fudging their numbers. They're saying this much now, so that's at a bare minimum.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my gawd, the US is getting ready for WWIII!!!! They are now spending 0.5% of their defense budget on Europe!!!! Oh the humanity!

Could be planning for the future plausibility of having to fight terrorism in occupied European cities.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Could be planning for the future plausibility of having to fight terrorism in occupied European cities.
    occupied by who... them?

Isn't this at all embarrassing to Europeans that your armies are so weak that this is needed to protect you from lowly Russia, with their propeller plane bombers? Would it just kill you guys to keep a couple tanks around or something? This aircraft carrier thing, we started using them in WWII, why haven't you looking in to them by now? I don't really get why you can't band together on your own, without the US running up deficits to protect you.

10+ Year Old Account
    But remember, Western Europe isn't hiding behind the American military.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Isn't this at all embarrassing to Europeans that your armies are so weak that this is needed to protect you from lowly Russia, with their propeller plane bombers? Would it just kill you guys to keep a couple tanks around or something? This aircraft carrier thing, we started using them in WWII, why haven't you looking in to them by now? I don't really get why you can't band together on your own, without the US running up deficits to protect you.
    Europe does not need protection from Russia. This is just eastern europeans fears being farmed accordingly by a foreign power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Europe does not need protection from Russia. This is just eastern europeans fears being farmed accordingly by a foreign power.
    They just need to accept their Russian Overlords with grace....

and people laughed at Mitt for saying Russia was still a major geo-political foe... Not surprised and i'd wager a lot of the countries welcome our presence there for protection at the gov't level if not the civilian level as it keeps them from spend much on defense.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    They just need to accept their Russian Overlords with grace....
    Theyre in Europe. Nothing happens.