Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    You are aware that local government is by and far the most ridiculously corrupt level of politics, yes?
    Pretty much, spotlight isn't on them.

Funny story that is going on right now, a guy I knew from class, high school Computer Graphic Vocational, became a mayor in a town next me a couple of years ago. I considered him not the brightest but honest man, he inherited a mess, 4 million dollars missing and helped cleaned it up, but now at this very moment he is in the news because he was trading favors for sex and they have proof in text messages lol Now I know why he deleted his FB page a few weeks ago...

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were to change it...

1. Political parties are officially registered within the Federal Government. For now lets say we got Republican, Democratic, Libertarian, Green, and Progressive.

2. Everyone registers for a Political Party.

3. A voter then gets to pick his favorite candidates for that party through however that Party prefers. No more super delegates, no more bullshit.

4. The final candidates for each party are then officially entered into the race for president. The number of nominees depends on the number of voters registered for that party. For shits lets say today that might mean:
    5 republicans
    5 democrats
    2 libertarians
    1 green
    2 progressives

Giving us 15 total candidates.

5. We now have debates, and the viewers/voters then decide their top 4 favorites (regardless of party). It would have to be regulated obviously.

6. The final four enter the "Big" debate the year of election, eventually only 2 remain after another round of voter eliminations.

7. We then have 2 candidates that run for president and a third "wright in" option on the ballot.

Basically the people get to decide and become more involved in the voting process.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2016-02-04 at 07:03 PM.