Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelated senpai View Post
    Sweet! and it looks like we can keep up momentum up to almost 100% now if we try. Can someone explain how we gain soul fragments in a raid environment? there seems to be quite a few passives and artifact traits that benefit from them but inside of raiding i dont see the benefit.
    Second Talent of first tier allows Chaos Strike to have a chance of spawning a fragment

Not sure how to feel on momentum. Moving every 6 seconds can become annoying really quick, especially in this matter.

Oh and btw playing DH before Legion actually launches will be fun since there are so much talents gated behind lvl 101+ stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Yelawolf View Post
    It's been over 2 months. I've been patient, waiting for build after build. Nothing.

Havoc has 14 buttons in total. 2 talents in their tree allows you to trim an active ability for passive effects, an unprecedented design style in the history of WoW. The rotation is mindnumbingly simple. The entire toolkit leaves a lot to be desired and the class has a low amount of depth. This has been reaffirmed by multiple personalities like Bellular, Asmongold, Preach, and others. Compared to every other class in Legion "Alpha", it is missing a large number of abilities. Compared to other melee classes, they all have significantly more depth. Not to mention more choices in play styles.

The devs say nothing. The testers say nothing. I've tweeted devs multiple times over the months and have received zero answers. I know the class is unfinished. So is every other class and spec in the alpha. That doesn't excuse the current state.

The class theme is cool. The animations are cool. The weapons are cool. The lore is cool. The potential is there. Why squander it?
    because they already have 11 overcomplicated classes - its quite obvious where they are going with DH - it is suppsed to be easy and mad fun - if you look for complication legion isnt expansion for you with extreme pruning of most classes

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    because they already have 11 overcomplicated classes - its quite obvious where they are going with DH - it is suppsed to be easy and mad fun - if you look for complication legion isnt expansion for you with extreme pruning of most classes
    The latest build basically invalidates your statement. They may have started out like that, but they've definitely added some complexity now. Whether it plays well is another matter, but we now have multiple abilities via talents.

Sweet! and it looks like we can keep up momentum up to almost 100% now if we try. Can someone explain how we gain soul fragments in a raid environment? there seems to be quite a few passives and artifact traits that benefit from them but inside of raiding i dont see the benefit.
    very poorly. the talent that spawns them is pretty shit tier in comparison to blind fury which only got substantially buffed this build by not being on the same tier as first blood anymore. getting killing blows on raid monsters can still give them but they fly all over the place and you cant felrush through them so effectively those talents and traits are worthless in a raid environment.
    Last edited by neck deep; 2016-02-11 at 10:12 PM.

I don't get how everyone thinks Blind Fury is so good. Yes, Eye Beam hits like a truck, but with Demonic Appetite and Feast of Souls you get more Eye Beams, in addition to tilting the overall rotation towards Chaos Damage which increases the effectiveness of our mastery. Blind Fury seems good for burst damage (especially AOE), but I think it's got a challenger for ST.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    I don't get how everyone thinks Blind Fury is so good. Yes, Eye Beam hits like a truck, but with Demonic Appetite and Feast of Souls you get more Eye Beams, in addition to tilting the overall rotation towards Chaos Damage which increases the effectiveness of our mastery. Blind Fury seems good for burst damage (especially AOE), but I think it's got a challenger for ST.
    Not to mention it helps with some of that self sustain we've been missing, maybe not by much and with a bit of RNG but still, if it comes off a demon, that's 20% bonus damage for a short bit, yeah?

Mostly because Eye Beam is tuned so high. If it gets tuned down a lot, things get more competitive.

It'd also depend on the chance for the frags to be sheared off AND if you have to go chase them down (havoc always has to go a thousand miles to get the orbs) for how many extra EBs you'd get compared to the promised extra 50% for which would be better.

have you played with demonic appetite yet? unless they make demonic appetite souls auto consume, it feels pretty terrible. they fly halfway across most rooms and i can't be sure about the PPM, or percentage chance, but it's not terribly high. i think i was getting maybe 1-2 per eyebeam cooldown, and had to run chase them down. blindfury is just a guaranteed 50% damage increase to a monster damage ability.
    Last edited by neck deep; 2016-02-12 at 12:01 AM.

If demonic appetite procd like every 3-5 Chaos strikes, id be ok with it. If there was some long ass internal cd for it though gonna have to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by lolbrobot View Post
    very poorly. the talent that spawns them is pretty shit tier in comparison to blind fury which only got substantially buffed this build by not being on the same tier as first blood anymore. getting killing blows on raid monsters can still give them but they fly all over the place and you cant felrush through them so effectively those talents and traits are worthless in a raid environment.
    I am curious, does every talent, have to be raid viable? I don't understand why most of these threads only matter in "raiding environments" I mean how much do people actually raid 3 hours a night 2-3 nights a week. Smh

Anyway OT: I was a nay sayer before this last build, now I am much more impressed with what they have come up with. Now they probably need a snare of some sort and mechanically they should have a pretty full kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
    I am curious, does every talent, have to be raid viable? I don't understand why most of these threads only matter in "raiding environments" I mean how much do people actually raid 3 hours a night 2-3 nights a week. Smh
    you're responding to my response to a question about raid viability by asking why everything has to be raid viable. soul fragments are already viable outside of raids because you're exponentially more likely to receive killing blows in 5 mans, world content, and pvp. we had problems making use of soul fragment talents and artifact traits in raids before this build because of how incredibly uncommon it would be to get a soul fragment. in it's current form, demonic appetite doesn't necessarily help the situation that much, either. i've gone entire 45 second eyebeam cooldowns without getting a single fragment from the talent. obviously the tuning could be changed but for anything outside of maybe instanced pvp i'd much rather have blind fury.

Quote Originally Posted by lolbrobot View Post
    you're responding to my response to a question about raid viability by asking why everything has to be raid viable. soul fragments are already viable outside of raids because you're exponentially more likely to receive killing blows in 5 mans, world content, and pvp. we had problems making use of soul fragment talents and artifact traits in raids before this build because of how incredibly uncommon it would be to get a soul fragment. in it's current form, demonic appetite doesn't necessarily help the situation that much, either. i've gone entire 45 second eyebeam cooldowns without getting a single fragment from the talent. obviously the tuning could be changed but for anything outside of maybe instanced pvp i'd much rather have blind fury.

Well unless eye beam gets nerfed a lot, you'd probably want blind fury for instanced pvp too.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Well unless eye beam gets nerfed a lot, you'd probably want blind fury for instanced pvp too.
    probably. it just seems quite a bit harder to guarantee landing a full duration eyebeam with our limited cc. if you can land a majority of it though, then yeah there's likely no competition, still.

How is the new Fury of the Illidary? seems so much better now.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpeoplemonster View Post
    How is the new Fury of the Illidary? seems so much better now.
    functions much better as an instant rather than a casted ability, and i wasn't much a fan of the other version with the reactivate to leap after a 40 day travel time, so i much prefer this update. it's pathing is still incredibly odd and it tends to not hit things directly around your character consistently but there's a lot of wonky shit happening with skills like arms warrior cleave/sweeping strikes and enhancements aoe tools too, so, we'll just hope it gets fixed. damage wise it's nothing to write home about but tuning time hasn't happened yet either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuze View Post

Anyway OT: I was a nay sayer before this last build, now I am much more impressed with what they have come up with. Now they probably need a snare of some sort and mechanically they should have a pretty full kit.
    Yes it should be PVE/raid viable its the pve/raid talent tree, its not like im going into the SEPARATE pvp tree and asking for pve benefits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neck deep View Post
    Exactly my point. on another note. I think they are steadily trying to tune first tier talents so that blind fury isnt the clear winner,but it looks like if you picked chaos blades in the last tier, it would synergies so well.

Yes it should be PVE/raid viable its the pve/raid talent tree, its not like im going into the SEPARATE pvp tree and asking for pve benefits.
    No. You seem to not understand the new concept. The class talent tree is not exclusively a PvE/Raid talent tree as everyone has access to it and is balanced around it. The PvP tree is an additional tree exclusively for PvP. It's not an 'either or' situation.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

7+ Year Old Account
    PvE is not just raiding; plenty of talents that work in 5-mans aren't great in raids.
    disco inferno

Quote Originally Posted by vulena View Post
    PvE is not just raiding; plenty of talents that work in 5-mans aren't great in raids.
    pve included 5 mans, hence the pve/raids meaning different forms of play.