Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

How would you "kill" your character?

Strange question perhaps. But I remember back in Vanilla we had a mage who was fed up with the game or couldn't continue anymore because of Real Life. To sum it up, we went to Mount Black Rock and after some words he threw himself into the lava below (near the entrance to MC).

When I thought I was going to quit forever, I did something similar. Though not that dramatic. I flew as far as my mount would fly out to sea and used every speed and swimming stuff I could use and died deep in uncharted waters.
    Obviously I resubbed a few months to a year after that.
    After Firelands I really never intended to go back to WoW. So I walked (yes walked) in tier 6 (the actual tier 6 not the transmog, no sunwell pieces duh) with my favourite weapon and shield from Stormwind to the statue of Uther in Western Plaguelands - kneeled and quit. Dramatic much? Yes....
    Then I came back for a few months and quit and again and again...
    Since Uther I never thought much about quitting in a dramatic fashion. I just don't care....

How about you? Ever done things this silly?

10+ Year Old Account
    take a nap in my garrison

ill be like sleeping beauty

except ill be fondled by orcs while i sleep

I planned on taking a break from the game once and was dicking around on my last night of paid time. Started getting those messages about how I was going to be automatically logged off in X minutes, so I jumped into the Ironforge lava right before that happened.

Came back several months later, and my character showed as alive on the selection screen but immediately dropped dead when I logged in.

I remember thinking it would've been cool if I could do some kind of "thumbs up" emote and do a T2-style death scene.

Drinking to dead

I would willingly queue up for LFR

10+ Year Old Account
    To the death on the field of battle against a Dragon, or a pack of demons. Basically, going out in fighting glory.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Fix hima feast with all the fixing hire some ladies of the night to slip him some poison and sing him to his final peaceful slumber.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I see my characters as retiring more than dying. My Dwarven Rogue becomes a Shady Dealer in the Old Town bar... My Human Warlock moves into Karazhan... things like that... afterall a Legend never dies.

Deleted
    Burn from a Nitro Boost backfire.

Oh, wait, that already happened 1057 times.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'd find my character a peaceful spot -lay down my weapons and simply /sleep

Attacking the twisted nether
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I would probably buff him to the teeth with every buff I could possibly get my hands on and then fly in the middle of enemy territory, maybe somewhere in stormwind. I'd then try to take down as many people as I could while making my way to stormwind keep. I'd like my character to go out in similar fashion to Broxigar lol, possibly reaching the keep and landing a blow to Varian before getting smacked in the face with an auto attack and die.

Deleted
    at bittertide falls in scholozar basin, set up a campfire and relax till the time comes.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Bittertide_Lake
    Last edited by mmoc987860f932; 2016-02-03 at 03:46 PM.

I've never really thought about my main character dying per say, I have though about where I would like to leave her if I should ever quit playing WoW. I think I would find a nice overlook somewhere and sit here there. Maybe overlooking the Ramparts above Stormwind, or a nice cliff in the outlands of Nagrand. Less a death, and more of a "this is where the story ends" kind of spot.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

I'd watch as the servers turned off from all the sub losses and probably eat some mince meat cake from christmas.

By tiny meteorite.

press the delete button?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just what I do every time I quit the game... go to Stormwind or Ironforge, take gear off and equip comfy things, and sit next to the fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to fly up and hover above the Frozen Throne everytime I 'quit' now I just save myself the trouble and pretend my character is on extended leave or.. gone fishin'

As far as where he would retire? Always been Grizzly Hills in a cozy little cabin.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

I killed my Pally at the end of TBC by walking in to the Plaguelands and then remaking him as a DK.
    The day before Cata remade the world I led about 200 Horde players on a journey around Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms to see them one last time before they were permanently changed, so that was a cool way to see off the continents before they "died."
    If I were to ever quit the game alltogether, I would probably just give all my gold to the first legit new player I stumbled across, sit down in Org and log out as an ex-murderhobo turned regular hobo.