Shaman Resto Mythic Help?

I am struggling though Mythics on my Shaman; especially when dealing with big damage/AOE areas. I am always keeping Earth Shield all the time up on the tank; However, when the rest of the group is taking quite a bit of damage I am spamming Healing Surge to try to keep the group up, and also at the same time, keep the tank up I am going OOM or keeping everyone alive. I am trying to use Healing Rain and Chain Heal for AOE healing whenever I can, but the damage is still something I am having a difficult time trying to keep up with. Mythic UBRS/Shadowmoon Burial Grounds or Grimrail Depot is really the biggest dungeons that I am really struggling with. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Also if you can look at my character to see how my gear/stat priority is setup correctly, or if something I need to modify?

Toon is on Llane server and name is Shaea: Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Shaea/simple

Deleted
    Your gear isn't great but your groupies are probably taking a lot of damage from things they could avoid, especially in Grimrail Depot. Don't blame yourself too much.

AOE is going to be a bit hard with your gear, not because of ilvl but mainly because you don't have set bonuses. Try the following talents:

-- Unleashed Fury instead of elemental blast (+50% single target heals). Casting unleash would then increase your healing surge almost twice (by 1.3*1.5 = 1.95 since it stacks in a multiplicative fasion with the regular 30% increase from unleash). Try to precast unleash while the tank is safe, so you'll have the buff and be able to drop that huge healing surge on the tank when he drops. This is also a great mana saving when you're using healing surge a lot. Also, make sure you have tidal waves before casting healing surge for the bonus crit (a riptide, healing surge/healing wave x 2 rotation ensures this).

-- Go with echo of the elements. It'll give you two charges of riptide which you can cast back-to-back, which is really strong in 5-mans. It also gives you two charges of unleash (nice with Unleashed Fury). Also double spirit link is useful.

-- High tide is usually the better choice, but in your case you don't have any set bonus. Work on getting set bonuses ASAP, even from HFC normal. Usually with the 4-set, it's nice to cast some chain heals to have the riptide hot from the 4-set on the team in addition to the normal riptide. Since you don't have the 4-set, I'd recommend going with cloudburst totem for 5-mans instead of high tide, and totemic persistence so that cloudburst and healing stream totem won't override each other. Don't use chain heal much till you get the set bonuses, in 5-mans you can cover the group well with single target heals. Cloudburst should give you additional free healing when you're using mainly single target heals, and it's relatively stronger in small groups.

-- Get rid of glyph of riptide. The initial heal is a big contributor to riptide healing, especially in 5-mans when you're the only healer and need to heal spike damage quickly. The glyph nerfs it by 75%, it's just not worth it. It had some situational use in the past, but those days it's useless.
    Last edited by Koor; 2016-02-04 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koor View Post
    AOE is going to be a bit hard with your gear, not because of ilvl but mainly because you don't have set bonuses. Try the following talents:

-- Unleashed Fury instead of elemental blast (+50% single target heals). Casting unleash would then increase your healing surge almost twice (by 1.3*1.5 = 1.95 since it stacks in a multiplicative fasion with the regular 30% increase from unleash). Try to precast unleash while the tank is safe, so you'll have the buff and be able to drop that huge healing surge on the tank when he drops. This is also a great mana saving when you're using healing surge a lot. Also, make sure you have tidal waves before casting healing surge for the bonus crit (a riptide, healing surge/healing wave x 2 rotation ensures this).

-- Go with echo of the elements. It'll give you two charges of riptide which you can cast back-to-back, which is really strong in 5-mans. It also gives you two charges of unleash (nice with Unleashed Fury). Also double spirit link is useful.

-- High tide is usually the better choice, but in your case you don't have any set bonus. Work on getting set bonuses ASAP, even from HFC normal. Usually with the 4-set, it's nice to cast some chain heals to have the riptide hot from the 4-set on the team in addition to the normal riptide. Since you don't have the 4-set, I'd recommend going with cloudburst totem for 5-mans instead of high tide, and totemic persistence so that cloudburst and healing stream totem won't override each other. Don't use chain heal much till you get the set bonuses, in 5-mans you can cover the group well with single target heals. Cloudburst should give you additional free healing when you're using mainly single target heals, and it's relatively stronger in small groups.

-- Get rid of glyph of riptide. The initial heal is a big contributor to riptide healing, especially in 5-mans when you're the only healer and need to heal spike damage quickly. The glyph nerfs it by 75%, it's just not worth it. It had some situational use in the past, but those days it's useless.

Thank you, I will defiantly try your suggestions to see how this works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Koor View Post
    -- Unleashed Fury instead of elemental blast (+50% single target heals). Casting unleash would then increase your healing surge almost twice (by 1.3*1.5 = 1.95 since it stacks in a multiplicative fasion with the regular 30% increase from unleash). Try to precast unleash while the tank is safe, so you'll have the buff and be able to drop that huge healing surge on the tank when he drops. This is also a great mana saving when you're using healing surge a lot. Also, make sure you have tidal waves before casting healing surge for the bonus crit (a riptide, healing surge/healing wave x 2 rotation ensures this)..
    I did actually much better after switching the exact way around. UFury was not realy something to use in high speed emergency, so I preffered Elemental Blast for more mana and not only (actually I have followed the suggestion from a good shaman who saw me strugling with mana in mythic dungs).

I agree with Koor on the talent/glyph choices and you should find healing mythics MUCH easier with those changes. However, one thing i'd like to add is to change your Glyph of Healing Wave with Glyph of Chaining in 5 man dungeons. Without Glyph of Chaining, you will struggle to heal more then 3 people most of the time, making Chain Heal extremely inefficient to use.

In 5 man mythics I often find that clutch / reactive healing is frequently more important than mana efficiency due to the shorter lengths of fights. To that end, I agree with most of what Koor said, except that I personally prefer Ancestral Swiftness over EotE. EotE is nicer for raiding where double SLTs and blanketing with riptide is important; in 5 mans, having the extra haste and clutch heals makes it easier to keep up with the frequent spike damage. Elemental Blast is also good but requires more attention - give it a go if you still really struggle with mana. (Also, if the group wants to go fast, which is likely, then having the extra regen will minimise downtime)

Also remember that you have utility. Ground and interrupt spells you see that mobs are casting (especially heals, fears or something more annoying than a firebolt), while we lack a tank cooldown you can use Spirit Link as one (if you have at least 1 melee, and if not just walk into the circle yourself) or use Capacitor to get a breather. Even if you have some mana issues I believe Unleashed Fury is the best talent for 5men.