Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    So streamers get to get into an alpha test race for Legion dungeons. Not to mention they get paid for everyone that joins there stream. Hell no , not gonna watch this crap just so streamers can get paid and be in the alpha/ beta while everyone else has to wait. Not gonna promote this sponsored content. And if its not labeled as sponsored content. You can bet the FTC will get there asses.
    lol FTC. It is not sponsored lol. No one is being paid a nickel. We were asked we said yes and that is it.

- - - Updated - - -

I will leave this wonderful thread with this.

This is a fun exhibition. This isn't Paragon/Serenity/Method vs Limit/Midwinter/NA etc. We are just community guys who got asked to be in a fun race to show some dungeons and Heroic Modes. TWO literally two people are handling this from Blizzards end. Not even Devs mind you. No hours were taken away from precious 7.0/8.0 development. No one is taking breaks and days off to get 2 5 man groups to run a dungeon.

People need to get with the times in my honest opinion. As much as this is a passion to be playing games as a career it is also a business. And companies look to people to promote their game. No offense but they don't go to random players with 3/4 viewers or players who have been playing "since beta" to live stream a fun event. Yeah it's harsh to say it but that is me. I bring reality to situations. I won't sugar coat it. We are not being paid as streamers/YouTubers/community advocates to do this. They asked us and we just said HELL YEAH this is gonna be fun.

It is hard watching from the outside in. Being that guy or gal who doesn't have Alpha having to be asked to come watch random nerds do a dungeon you CAN'T do. The fact is you can not please everyone. Blizzard can't give every single person Alpha/Beta or else they WOULD if they could. No one knows what goes on behind the scenes and the reasoning for not inviting 2 million players lets say. It could be not enough people to go over data, not enough tech available. (yes yes I know billion dollar company blah blah)

Yes people are upset at WoD, yes people are mad they don't have Alpha and community people have it cause they can showcase the game. Yes the internet is angry and we must rise up our pitch forks to be able to take down this juggernaut! Look my opinion. Sit back watch 2 teams be bad. (US mainly) and try to understand the reality of most situations. Emotions always get in the way. Understandable.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    lol FTC. It is not sponsored lol. No one is being paid a nickel. We were asked we said yes and that is it.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a fun exhibition. This isn't Paragon/Serenity/Method vs Limit/Midwinter/NA etc. We are just community guys who got asked to be in a fun race to show some dungeons and Heroic Modes. TWO literally two people are handling this from Blizzards end. Not even Devs mind you. No hours were taken away from precious 7.0/8.0 development. No one is taking breaks and days off to get 2 5 man groups to run a dungeon.

People need to get with the times in my honest opinion. As much as this is a passion to be playing games as a career it is also a business. And companies look to people to promote their game. No offense but they don't go to random players with 3/4 viewers or players who have been playing "since beta" to live stream a fun event. Yeah it's harsh to say it but that is me. I bring reality to situations. I won't sugar coat it. We are not being paid as streamers/YouTubers/community advocates to do this. They asked us and we just said HELL YEAH this is gonna be fun.

It is hard watching from the outside in. Being that guy or gal who doesn't have Alpha having to be asked to come watch random nerds do a dungeon you CAN'T do. The fact is you can not please everyone. Blizzard can't give every single person Alpha/Beta or else they WOULD if they could. No one knows what goes on behind the scenes and the reasoning for not inviting 2 million players lets say. It could be not enough people to go over data, not enough tech available. (yes yes I know billion dollar company blah blah)

Yes people are upset at WoD, yes people are mad they don't have Alpha and community people have it cause they can showcase the game. Yes the internet is angry and we must rise up our pitch forks to be able to take down this juggernaut! Look my opinion. Sit back watch 2 teams be bad. (US mainly) and try to understand the reality of most situations. Emotions always get in the way. Understandable.
    Hey, look! More not-so-subtle "nya nya i have alpha access and you do-ooon't!"

Ever heard of open beta? Simple concept, really, and lots of companies do it. Alpha should be in-doors QA and beta should be open.
    Last edited by NeroAugustus; 2016-02-06 at 01:22 AM.

EU master race

Quote Originally Posted by NeroAugustus View Post
    Hey, look! More not-so-subtle "nya nya i have alpha access and you do-ooon't!"

Ever heard of open beta? Simple concept, really, and lots of companies do it. Alpha should be in-doors QA and beta should be open.
    What happened to the days when games were just finished when they were released to the public?

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't take much stock in someone that plays video games for a living. Maybe get a real job? I bet you get cringely embarrassed when you finally get a date and meet her parents and they ask what you do for a living. I bet you lie. I bet she dreads bringing you over because of it. Anyways, have fun on your race lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I wouldn't take much stock in someone that plays video games for a living. Maybe get a real job? I bet you get cringely embarrassed when you finally get a date and meet her parents and they ask what you do for a living. I bet you lie. I bet she dreads bringing you over because of it. Anyways, have fun on your race lol.
    ACTUALLY I been doing this successfully for 5+ years. Have a GF we live in a wonderful home and both our parents know what I do. Although explaining to my mom was weird few years back Someone is really out of touch with the current state of gaming as a career. 6 figures bro. Some people 7. 5 Easy with 100 viewer average. (I avg between 2500-3k) Want to learn more ask away I'm bored tonight!

ACTUALLY I been doing this successfully for 5+ years. Have a GF we live in a wonderful home and both our parents know what I do. Although explaining to my mom was weird few years back Someone is really out of touch with the current state of gaming as a career. 6 figures bro. Some people 7. 5 Easy with 100 viewer average. (I avg between 2500-3k) Want to learn more ask away I'm bored tonight!

^^ this right here is why I subscribe to your twitch Towelliee
    You no nonsense, upfront and honest attitude and say it as you see it mentality makes you a joy to watch and fun to interact with.
    Good luck to the US team.. I mean EU will win (even with Bellular involved) but good luck anyway.

I have no doubt you make a lot. I do as well. I just earn my money and can be proud when someone asks what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I have no doubt you make a lot. I do as well. I just earn my money and can be proud when someone asks what I do.
    Ahhhh yes the ole "hue hue play video games and it's not hard or a real job hue hue" Man the ignorance is real lol.

Ahhhh yes the ole "hue hue play video games and it's not hard or a real job hue hue" Man the ignorance is real lol.
    I'm not going to go saying it's that easy (but, come on, the only real difficult part is getting enough money for a good mic and webcam and video capturing software, and getting enough traction to jumpstart your channel with loyal viewers that can get your more viewers), but making 6-7 figures for it is absolutely fucking ridiculous. Six figures, you're already making more money than most teachers and hard labourers, not to mention people in other forms of entertainment (radio hosts, news casters, sportscasters, et cetera), and going to seven, you'd be making more money than most fucking doctors and lawyers, people who actually give back to the world in some meaningful way by either saving peoples' fucking lives or preventing the innocent from going to jail over being framed for crimes.

Get off your goddamn ivory tower. Regardless of how "hard" it is, you don't deserve multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars for screaming into a camera for a bunch of brown-nosing sycophants. And I'm not even going to get started on "charity" streams.

Also, if you want to get technical, it's not a real job since you've got no 401k or any form of healthcare benefits, nor do you have anything to fall back on should the popularity of video game streaming suddenly drop off.
    Last edited by TyrannicalPuppy; 2016-02-08 at 02:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    I'm not going to go saying it's that easy (but, come on, the only real difficult part is getting enough money for a good mic and webcam and video capturing software, and getting enough traction to jumpstart your channel with loyal viewers that can get your more viewers), but making 6-7 figures for it is absolutely fucking ridiculous. Six figures, you're already making more money than most teachers and hard labourers, not to mention people in other forms of entertainment (radio hosts, news casters, sportscasters, et cetera), and going to seven, you'd be making more money than most fucking doctors and lawyers, people who actually give back to the world in some meaningful way by either saving peoples' fucking lives or preventing the innocent from going to jail over being framed for crimes.

Get off your goddamn ivory tower. Regardless of how "hard" it is, you don't deserve multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars for screaming into a camera for a bunch of brown-nosing sycophants. And I'm not even going to get started on "charity" streams.

Also, if you want to get technical, it's not a real job since you've got no 401k or any form of healthcare benefits, nor do you have anything to fall back on should the popularity of video game streaming suddenly drop off.
    If it's that easy, you try and do it for a while and we'll see how it goes You guys are sounding just like the general noob tbh "This is unfair, and they are OP. That's easy to do." and then when it all comes down you couldn't even do the same easy thing even if your life depended on it. Get good and learn to love yourself, that way you won't have to be bothered with how others are living their lives. PEACE

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post

You seem to forget the important part of youtubers/streamers/etc..
    Appeal and luck.
    You cannot just "buy a good mic and cam and start making money".
    For every 3 streamers who can make a living from it, there are another 3000 not earning a shit.
    Same as musicians, actors, writers..
    It's not all up to you.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeepher View Post
    If it's that easy, you try and do it for a while and we'll see how it goes You guys are sounding just like the general noob tbh "This is unfair, and they are OP. That's easy to do." and then when it all comes down you couldn't even do the same easy thing even if your life depended on it. Get good and learn to love yourself, that way you won't have to be bothered with how others are living their lives. PEACE
    All right there mate, just completely ignore the actual fucking point of my reply and just cherry-pick the part that'll let you wave your fucking cock in my face like a condescending twat. Good show mate, good show.

I'm in broadcasting school, right. Shit's hardly different than streaming, save for the medium of entertainment and the subject matter. And yet when I graduate, I know full-well I'll be going into a business where I'll be lucky to get a placement making more than minimum wage to entertain arguably a far more vast audience than most Twitch streamers ever reach. So do tell me, why do they deserve hundreds of thousands of dollars to scream like spastic chimps in front of a camera for brainless nobbends like yourself? Spoiler alert: they don't. But Twitch pays them out the fucking arse... for what? Just because they can? Like Towlie the Towel said, someone who gets an average of 100 viewers per stream, someone who would for all intents and purposes be considered an unpopular streamer, is making 5 figures. The other forms of entertainment I mentioned get that much with TENS of thousands tuned in to them daily. Not the mention some of the absurdly high donations some of the bigger streamers get.

Funny that you need to come to his defense, since he seems to suddenly be too much of a coward to defend himself anymore.

Learn some objective reasoning skills and stop cherry-picking to jerk your own ego. PEATHE.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne Wipes View Post
    You seem to forget the important part of youtubers/streamers/etc..
    Appeal and luck.
    You cannot just "buy a good mic and cam and start making money".
    For every 3 streamers who can make a living from it, there are another 3000 not earning a shit.
    Same as musicians, actors, writers..
    It's not all up to you.
    Appeal and luck matter in all forms of entertainment, and yet streamers are still making an arseload of money.

You don't need to make the comparison to musicians, because I've experienced this firsthand in high school. And let me tell you, the biggest reason for that is the fact that a) most of those musicians write music that isn't commercially appealing and thus don't get picked up by record labels, or if they do, because of the aformentioned luck, they fail to get traction and a sustainable fanbase. The musicians who can't write for shyte don't get shows.
    Last edited by TyrannicalPuppy; 2016-02-09 at 11:50 AM.

Wasnt this supposed to be today? lol

It was moved back because it was far more important to restart the Overwatch beta yesterday, so now it's tomorrow.

Anyone want to take bets on how badly US loses? Look at that lineup only 2 of their players are good lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunavale View Post
    Not to be "that guy", but is this seriously what they're spending their time doing? Races in an alpha with unfinished, untuned, classes(some of which are missing entire specs) doing unfinished, untested, probably buggy as all get out dungeons? And this is very clearly detracting from development time on what is turning out to be a rather late releasing expansion pack with no sign of content for months to come, when you have a fairly big shot developer himself providing commentary. Not to mention all the time and resources it would take to organize this.

It just seems odd to me.
    Welcome to the world of advertising, which is precisely what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    So who won and any vids?

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    So who won and any vids?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqd4FU2D38k

Spoiler

Eu Won both races. US just got destroyed.
    IMA CHARGIN MY FIREBALL!!!!!