Thread: Rift Difficulty

10+ Year Old Account

Rift Difficulty

Hey all, I recently have returned to D3. I have a few beefed up characters that I have been running through Rifts to get some of the sets.

I recall long ago, I was only able to do Torment 3 solo, and I was a little bit of a challenge. Now-a-days, I can run into Torment 9 and fly through it without much trouble.

Was there a nerf to monster difficulty? Because I feel like they are dropping way faster than in the past.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I think there was a nerf to monster health while solo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I think there was a nerf to monster health while solo.
    Ah! That would make sense. I kinda feel like it is also easier than it used to be when playing co-op as well. But that could just be due to having better setups and more functionality than a year ago.

Either way, thanks much for the reply!

They also added a ton of features that made individual characters stronger. They added the legendary gems which are rather powerful, they made set items stronger, they give you a free set as a fresh level 70, they added kanai's cube etc so that on top of the monster health nerf would explain your power level

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullerick View Post
    They also added a ton of features that made individual characters stronger. They added the legendary gems which are rather powerful, they made set items stronger, they give you a free set as a fresh level 70, they added kanai's cube etc so that on top of the monster health nerf would explain your power level
    Yeah, the cube has been a huge game changer. I'm totally in love with it! I like that, while I am collecting sets and hunting for BiS pieces, I can use the Cube to make up for any lost abilities or bonuses.

All in all, I really don't mind that they nerfed mobs and buffed players a bit. It kinda felt impossible to hit GR80-GR90. But now, it appears like it would be quite doable once I get my stats rounded out.