Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My real life time mostly.

I don't think I'd play as much as years ago, but I'd definitely still raid and do all sort of things. Unfortunately, life moves on and now spending minutes playing wow is a "waste of time" :/

The time from the last content patch to the next expansion is just way way way, WAY too long
    Other than that WoD has been great exept for the selfie patch

10+ Year Old Account
    It was lazy...in so many ways.

WOD is a vision of the future of world of warcraft. The company has gone from promoting a long term expansion plan with several short term plans which extend just for a year then require buying another expansion pack to continue. In each case you pay a monthly payment and then another big down payment before going back to the regular monthly pay until the next big down payment is needed about a year later. Its become a clever scam for milking people of money. That is what lies at the heart of the problems in world of warcraft these days. Greed.

The new character models could have been rolled out in a patch instead of forced in at the release. I feel like they were rushed.

Gold inflation and generally ruining the economy. Garrisons should have been nerfed, not buffed, and cata raids should have been nerfed hard.

Prices actually haven't gone up much, but there's a LOT more people with millions in reserve, and that's going to be a problem when the expansion gets released.

I played mainly mythic, and now that I have ended it, there is really no reason to play wod. I have tried to play PvP seasons, but never really did I stay more than few days/weeks.

Deleted
    For me it's the reputation grind. I really enjoyed dailys and their changing areas every day in Pandaria.
    And the lack of fancy mounts. The different colors just don't stick out (with a few exceptions) and are pretty dull. I like the BC talbuks much more than the WoD ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    the fact that jaylock likes it
    This,

also
    1. The content lul (6.2 was released june:S) i still hate the fact that wow is so sterile, nothing changes. I could have left on the first week of the patch and come back in 6 months from now and nothing would have altered.
    2. My followers seem to be enjoying all the content i'm sending them to play :/
    3. Shipyard, just what i wanted, another set of followers that get more content than me. But this time they can die during the content i'm sending them on :S We don't even see our ships in action >.<
    4. Raid or go away.
    5. Ashran was a failure due to a number of issues.
    6. No point playing/setting up//learning classes now as everything is getting revamped in legion
    7. No point farming gold as it's more efficient to just buy it out right using the token :S

No problem at all.

It is just that 6-7 years is simply too long to play one single game non stop... I discovered boardgames again in a big way. Yep, even the Wow boardgame ☺

But I will be BACK some day.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2016-02-07 at 10:05 AM.

My main problem with this expansion is how they made professions irrelevant. Before, you could actually make money from making flasks, mining ore etc. And why remove elixir/potion mastery?

Deleted
    Too little content outside the raids. I have no reason to log beside raiding, which with two tiers was already stretched thin.

There was just so genuinly much wrong with WoD that being asked what the main problem is a stupid question. There was no main problem, there was just one giant smattering of multiple problems both big and small.

The top three for me though would be

1. How they removed more content than added
    2. The nonesensical storyline (plot holes everywhere, a great deal even by blizzard standards)
    3. Ashran
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    How glaringly obvious it was cobbled together from scraps of ideas that were either half formed or just flat out removed.

IIRC during Gamescom when Legion were announced they were talking about raid bosses and said something along the lines of "One of the problems of WoD was that there are no dragons".

Uh, you do realise that you released a novel that acted as a link between MoP and WoD that had the infinite dragonflight go absolutely apeshit at the end? No dragons? You could've designed an entire middle tier around the infinite dragonflight! We even saw max level NPCs in during alpha. But no, it was entirely scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    How glaringly obvious it was cobbled together from scraps of ideas that were either half formed or just flat out removed.

IIRC during Gamescom when Legion were announced they were talking about raid bosses and said something along the lines of "One of the problems of WoD was that there are no dragons".

Uh, you do realise that you released a novel that acted as a link between MoP and WoD that had the infinite dragonflight go absolutely apeshit at the end? No dragons? You could've designed an entire middle tier around the infinite dragonflight! We even saw max level NPCs in during alpha. But no, it was entirely scrapped.
    If you followed development for WoD you may have noticed about 9 months prior to release we were going long periods of time with no alpha information.

Then they got rid of Rob Pardo. The man who put Titan into development hell.

After Rob Pardo was gone we started getting constant updates on WoD, some zones were redone entirely.

It would seem that Rob Pardo was ruining WoD just like he flat out killed Titan with his mismanagement. WoD was rushed despite its long development time due to the head of its development not having direction.

The Lore around the entire expansion was horrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    The Lore around the entire expansion was horrid.
    It was rewritten near the end of development. Plot holes everywhere. Like how the Frostwolves are somehow largely unaware of whats been going on. Or how we disarmed the entire threat posed by the Orcs in the first half hour of the expansion by decimating their entire army with two dozen people. Or how the warsong did literally nothing.

The story felt like poorly thought out fan fiction in combination with a severe lack of meaningful world content. I'd have no sub if garrisons didn't perpetuate the game for me more or less autonomously.

7+ Year Old Account
    Main problem? The story is shit.

- How flight was handled
    - Them having the balls to call 6.1 a content patch
    - Then the last content patch basically being what should have been available at the release of the game.
    - Their unwillingness to actually support this expac.
    - Raid or don't play philosophy
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right