Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The no flying debacle
    The way they handled the warlords. Especially Kargath left a sour taste in my mouth and made me ever so salty.
    It feels as if though they made WoD to cater to the crowd going "Uh Pandas are for kids" during the AMAZING expansion that was MoP.

Other than that? This expansion has left me tons of scope and time to level characters, earn gold and collect transmogs from raids that couldn't be easily soloed before the stat squish. Raids have been solid as well and the new character models were sorely needed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    The wasted potential with the Warlords. I was expecting some really cool fights, the only one that delivered was Blackhand.
    Ner'zhul was totally lame.
    Garrosh + Grommash: "You are the greates shaman in long time? And you can control the void? Join or die!"
    Ner'zhul: "Hmm, okay."

Lack of storytelling in patches (well, what patches, actually?) Garrison campaign in 6.0 was decent, but could've been much better (longer and deeper questlines). Ending and Exarch trials were nice, but some of the others were just "go there, do the daily zone with 2-3 quests telling a lil bit of backstory) - it could've been used to reveal much more about the warlords or something. Tanaan failed hard on this part. Adding to story problems, lack of story behind most followers (meaning the ones from quests).

Some of the daily zones had terribly low amount of interactable objects or bad spawn rates - the main reason I liked open zones was erasing spawn wars. Worked well on bigger ones like the ogre zone in FFR or Shattrath, but Pillars of fate and Mok'gol (to name some) were terrible. Being able to just mass farm them in raids made them feel like grind too fast - you entered, the bar filled up fast, and you did not even see what the zone looks like, the fix came way too late.

And lastly, professions turned to UI and waiting for CDs/work orders, totally killing any reason to trade materials due to mine/herb garden.

The data-mined achievement that was leading everybody to believe we may be able to turn our orcs back brown. What ever happened to that? + They were considering adding the warlords hair styles to character customization for at least orcs. I am disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    Ner'zhul was totally lame.
    Garrosh + Grommash: "You are the greates shaman in long time? And you can control the void? Join or die!"
    Ner'zhul: "Hmm, okay."

Lack of storytelling in patches (well, what patches, actually?) Garrison campaign in 6.0 was decent, but could've been much better (longer and deeper questlines). Ending and Exarch trials were nice, but some of the others were just "go there, do the daily zone with 2-3 quests telling a lil bit of backstory) - it could've been used to reveal much more about the warlords or something. Tanaan failed hard on this part. Adding to story problems, lack of story behind most followers (meaning the ones from quests).

Some of the daily zones had terribly low amount of interactable objects or bad spawn rates - the main reason I liked open zones was erasing spawn wars. Worked well on bigger ones like the ogre zone in FFR or Shattrath, but Pillars of fate and Mok'gol (to name some) were terrible. Being able to just mass farm them in raids made them feel like grind too fast - you entered, the bar filled up fast, and you did not even see what the zone looks like, the fix came way too late.

And lastly, professions turned to UI and waiting for CDs/work orders, totally killing any reason to trade materials due to mine/herb garden.
    Likely would have been better if the clans themselves hadn't been retconned

Thunderlords go from calvalry masters to monster hunters.
    Warsong go from infantry lords to frostwolves pt 2.
    Shattered Hand became a band of misfits with a poison fetish

The expansion was loaded with retcons when it would have just been better to stick with what they had.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    As the title states, what is your #1 main problem with WoD, or what is it that makes you not enjoy WoD the most?

The game is excellent to me, tons to do, lots of things to get (in the form of raiding, achievements, reps, pet battles, challenge modes, dungeons, time walking, gold making, asharan, battlegrounds, PVP, old raids, etc).

But.. for others, the game isn't so great. What is it that you MOST dislike or what is your #1 MAIN issue with WoD?
    It's really three things for me taken together and not one single thing. I know you are asking for a single thing but it's just not for me.

The three things for me are: reputations being a mindless mob grind in many situations, apexis crystals being mostly useless until 6.2 and five man dungeons being completely obsolete once you were above 630 ilvl. Most of these things were solved with 6.2 and the introduction of mythic dungeons and time walking dungeons which has kept me playing besides raiding with he guild two nights a week.

For a full-blown comprehensive list see:

This Community Deserves an Apology from the EU forums

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Main problem with WOD, I'm at the point where my main only has 3 bosses left to kill in mythic, and my two alts can only progress through mythic now. I pretty much log in, raid, collect my gold, then chat in vent while I fly in circles. Legion needs to get here fast
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    The game is excellent to me, tons to do, lots of things to get (in the form of raiding, achievements, reps, pet battles, challenge modes, dungeons, time walking, gold making, asharan, battlegrounds, PVP, old raids, etc).
    There's NOTHING to do. Besides PvP and Mythic bosses that I don't give a fuck, name something and I'll probably have done it already, and I'll have probably done it back in fucking JULY.

The game has nothing to offer people who can play it for awhile. It's okay at best for people who play like an hour a day only, while older expansions at least gave me something to grind (not referring to MoP/Cata as they too had the WoD problem, just not nearly as bad as this).

Not to mention how overhyped Garrisons were and they were the only new system to come in WoD. WoD's systems are pretty much copy/paste from MoP with the addition of Garrisons. It was also the first (and only thus far) expansion to not add a new race or class.

The one and only thing they did right was the leveling content, which was a joy... the first time. I still remember wanting to login for more during the DDoS at the start, while MoP I had to take constant breaks because of how excruciatingly bored I was.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2016-02-08 at 06:42 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Rehashing the same stuff over and over and trying to ship it as something new (TW, mythic dungeons, 4 raid difficulties).

Nothing interesting or rewarding to do outside of raiding.

Apexis is the same thing 80 times over with different skins. Tannan was a huge letdown.

Really everything about this x-pack minus it's leveling and mythic level raiding has been awful.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    So many to choose from... but I guess if you want my top problem it is:

WoD finished off what remained of any semblance of community and "mmo"-ness...
    Evidence:
    - Garrisons encourages players to do solo-content instead of group content and removes any need to ever go out into the world
    - Raid gear without raiding
    - Private resource nodes
    - Constant cash-flow

- You can use the automated group system for almost anything you want to do (this problem began before WoD, but was reinforced in WoD)
    - including mythic raids, which are unfortunately puggable difficulty
    - There is no consequence for being a toxic person or terrible
    - If you get kicked from too many groups, the game protects you from being kicked for a long period of time
    - If you get kicked, you don't have to wait to queue up for another group
    If your only question is what is the destination, you need to think more about the journey.

Ability prunning.

Cata and MoP was already annoying with reworking rotations and removing fun, but WoD crossed the line.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh... and what happened to Farahlon?
    If your only question is what is the destination, you need to think more about the journey.

Lore is a horrible, disgusting mess, garrisons are an underwhelming mess, we're probably going to have HFC for a year, dumbed down professions, boring rep-grinds, LFR went back to its Dragon Soul state of being mindless, and the legendary questline is extremely lame and uninspired.

The only thing I really enjoyed was raiding. I thought Highmaul, BRF, and HFC were all great raids. It would have been nice if they could actually do what they said they would do and push out expansions sooner. I'm still hoping they're going to surprise us with another tier like with SWP back in TBC. I very much doubt it though.

Overall, very disappointing expansion, I still like it better than Cata, but that's not saying much.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

7+ Year Old Account
    The fact that it was outright abandoned after 1 small patch, and has no max level content other than raids.

biggest issue is lack of 10 man mythics. the lack of it pretty much killed most of the enjoyment out of this expansion

personal: Boredom outside of raiding.
    with the community: the army of tinfoil hats

Quote Originally Posted by Brewskee View Post
    - Story
    - Dailies are monotonous
    - Garrisons isolated playerbase
    - LFR is garbage and promotes bad play
    - Ashran was a big let down
    - Classes were gutted
    - Overall lack of content, content cut.
    - "Patch 6.1"
    I like this list because of how similar it is to nearly every god damn expansion so far. When one objectively itemizes what does or doesn't exist in TBC to WoD it's pretty easy to see nothing has changed but the unreasonable expectation from "players."

Let me surmise

"What is your MAIN problem with TBC."
    - Dailies are monotonous
    - Crafting isolated playerbase
    - Arena is garbage and promotes bad play
    - The island was a big let down
    - Classes were muddled
    - Overall lack of content
    - "Patch 2.3"

Blizzard, in one expansion, ruined any hope that I had for them, They completely shunned listening to community feedback and stripped out loved features because their world was so small and devoid of content that they had to limit player movement just to make it feel big. They curated questions at Blizzcon so people wouldn't ask them any hard questions. The dropping sub numbers show how much people hated their decisions. I really loved blizzard and was hoping that this was a fluke but it seems that it wasn't and they have a "My way or the highway" approach now.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2016-02-08 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    3. Shipyard, just what i wanted, another set of followers that get more content than me. But this time they can die during the content i'm sending them on :S We don't even see our ships in action >.<
    You mean you don't get excited by the cinematics after finishing construction on a ship? You can easily see they spared no expense to get those just right.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    You mean you don't get excited by the cinematics after finishing construction on a ship? You can easily see they spared no expense to get those just right.
    You know who else spared no expense? Look how well that worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    Yep when I think WoW I think sitting behind walls gathering resources while my NPCs go out on adventures.
    I know right! That made me so sad! Some of those missions seriously sounded fun. Made me jealous of my followers that they got to go kill some Ogre and I am here picking flowers.