10+ Year Old Account

Working with anxiety

Hello everyone. I don't know if this is going to be helpful or harmful, but I have a friend in urgent need. She is battling a very debilitating form of anxiety that has gotten worse over the years and now she is unable to work or even go out in public without experiencing a seizure. She is in need of money however so she still needs a job. I have looked all over the internet and still haven't been able to find legitimate "work at home" jobs for her to apply for. I am asking you all as a last ditch effort sort of thing just for the hopes that one of you know about or has had a work from home job that was a legitimate source of income.
    Things you need to know: She has limited transportation and can only drive a short distance. She lives in Texas near fort worth (around the Dallas area). She also has little money to spend to purchase anything that would cost a decent amount of money to start making money. She has a decent computer and a headset. She has basic knowledge of how computers work and knows a little bit of Photoshop. The hours she can work are anywhere between 5am-3pm. Thanks for any advice or insight on this.

Listen to me

Just get her to start smoking cannabis, it eliminates 100% of my anxiety, it should do the same for her.

Deleted
    I've thought/researched about that a few times.

Maybe one possibility is a "virtual assistant" or bidding on freelance projects. Check out a website called Upwork. I'm looking at one temporary "job" right now that would pay to transcribe a 53 min video/ recreate PowerPoint slides with a certain logo. I don't know how reliable these sites are, and it may take some time to learn software for different tasks, but maybe worth checking out.

Another option is maybe creating a self-operated ebay or amazon store, figuring out how to resell items at a higher price. There are a few guides online to choosing/finding products to sell. I've also thought about creating a blog and monetizing ads, but this is only profitable with a large scale of website visitors.

Or maybe check out in-home customer service or insurance claims assistance. Pulled up a site called LiveOps Agent that allows you to work at home taking calls. This might be more difficult with anxiety, but I imagine talking on the phone in my own surroundings is much more tolerable than in public.

It might take online research, brainstorming and experimentation but there's nothing to lose trying, some have achieved success with working from home on online businesses/ tasks. I haven't tried these ideas myself but want to try someday. Hopefully somewhat helpful lol. Best of luck!!
    Last edited by mmoc0495eaf8b1; 2016-02-06 at 12:07 PM.

It might take online research, brainstorming and experimentation but there's nothing to lose trying, some have achieved success with working from home on online businesses/ tasks. I haven't tried these ideas myself but want to try someday. Hopefully somewhat helpful lol. Best of luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMonktana View Post
    Listen to me

Just get her to start smoking cannabis, it eliminates 100% of my anxiety, it should do the same for her.
    Although I do smoke, can't say that its true for everyone. It definitely helps with seizures, but it can also cause even worse anxiety for people. I get bad anxiety when I smoke sometimes so I can only really smoke when I am home playing video games. However most friends I have says it helps them, a couple of them get even more anxiety smoking it like I do. Guess everyone is different! I do recommend that she try it though, I know an epileptic girl who used to have a ton of seizures everyday, she started smoking cannabis and now she rarely experiences any seizures anymore!

- - - Updated - - -

Have you looked into transcription? If she does not have much experience and are a fast Typer, she could totally do transcription. There's a lot of places that offer transcription online as work. It's basically listening to audio recordings of talk shows and a lot more things and she would be typing everything they say out. She can also apply to places that do internet troubleshooting from home for different internet companies. Has she applied at Apple Inc as an at home support rep by chance? If she is familiar with apple products and has decent knowledge with iOS devices she could totally apply for that too. It is hard to get the position unless you are good with macs or iOS devices and troubleshooting. I was getting paid 18 an hour to do AppleCare support from home a couple years ago. Now I work in the corporate office I get anxiety when I have to attend huge meetings, I drink kava tea and I also take some kava root extract. Look it up, it is for anxiety specifically, makes me calm down and want to just sit there and smile, idk it's a good natural way but you can't take too much of it each day or she can build a tolerance to it.
    Last edited by SlayAllDay; 2016-04-09 at 09:39 AM.

hope this helps

she can try out upwork and freelancer websites and see whether she'll be lucky enough to land an online job

Deleted
    Hi there. It's not a real big problem, if you want to work on it and get rid of it forever. I recommend your friend to visit doctor, so he can give her some relaxants. And of course she need more rest. Nature, relaxing music, less work

Rev is a company that contracts transcription in and is fairly easy to get started. I wouldn't advise it long term as the pay isn't great, however it's a fantastic opportunity to open the doors to local transcription in companies, which you can make a decent living off of.

I wouldn't suggest cannabis without a proper diagnosis. It's still considered medication, and the last thing that you'd want to do for her is to self medicate. I wish you and her the best of luck.