EXP needed per level PRE-Wrath and PRE-3.3.5

Title, I've searched all over google. What was the EXP needed per level wayy back in 2008? The original un-nerfed amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is just.. one of the things I don't wish to remember at times *grins*
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Lol' I know your pain. I'm just super curious because I know my Hunter had to do 7 out of the 8 zones to ding 80, so I think it was around 2.5m per level, but my memory is just... Blank on that :/

I think it was 12,6 million 79-80 at least...

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember, i finished all the quests in the high end wotlk zones and i still needed more then half of my level to get to 80, so i grinded it all day on mobs haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Title, I've searched all over google.
    Well, this is the first hit for vanilla xp rates: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Formulas:XP_To_Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I remember, i finished all the quests in the high end wotlk zones and i still needed more then half of my level to get to 80, so i grinded it all day on mobs haha
    And somehow I hit 80 in Dragonblight without mob grinding
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    And somehow I hit 80 in Dragonblight without mob grinding
    I always left the zone as fast as possible, i got bored fast of it. so at the end of the road, i finished alot of half arsed zone, and the end zone i fully completed, but because i skipped so many older quests, i didn't have enough to get to 80.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Genuinely not sure how you managed that, I got 80 doing most of Icecrown and no Storm Peaks haha

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know the total but I know 79 - 80 was... I think, 12 million.

Level 70 - 71 was 1.5m

Far as I remember 70-80 during wrath was 1.5-1.8mil per lvl, 79-80 being 1.8mil.

80-85 went from 1.5 to 12 mil. 84-85 being 12 mil or so.

85-90 went from 12mil to 32mil for 89-90 if Im not mistaken.

60-70 now thats a hard one to remember, 200/300k-800/900k

10+ Year Old Account
    Title, I've searched all over google. What was the EXP needed per level wayy back in 2008? The original un-nerfed amount.
    It wasn't bad considering how good the leveling experience in Wrath was. By the time you were done with the first zone you would be level 72ish, and then there were only 8 levels to go.

One of my favorite quests was the druid environmentalist quests where they are angry with the hunters killing the animals. lol, I would purposely kill animals just to piss off the NPCs. Fun times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't know the total but I know 79 - 80 was... I think, 12 million.

Level 70 - 71 was 1.5m
    I was the third DK on my server to hit 80 I tried my hardest to be server first, but 2 dks pulled ahead of me during the level 78-80 leg. I wasn't in the beta either, so I had no idea where I was going or what the best route was to 80.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did you google this when Wowwiki has tables of this data?

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Experience_to_level
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2016-02-04 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    How did you google this when Wowwiki has tables of this data?

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Experience_to_level
    Because those values are when 70-80 exp was already nerfed by about 50%. I want the EXACT exp needed per level pre 3.3.5, pre cata, pre Ulduar.

69 to 70 was like 750k, 70 to 71 doubled that (1.5m) and 79 to 80 was like between 1.7m and 1.8m as I remember.

It was enough to make hitting the level cap feel like a satisfying accomplishment.

Something I haven't experienced since.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    It was enough to make hitting the level cap feel like a satisfying accomplishment.

Something I haven't experienced since.
    wasn't really any different then any other expansion, sure more broken quests, auto quest crutch but nothing really of accomplishment.

I always left the zone as fast as possible, i got bored fast of it. so at the end of the road, i finished alot of half arsed zone, and the end zone i fully completed, but because i skipped so many older quests, i didn't have enough to get to 80.
    I really don't know how it happened like that. No other character I leveled before any xp nerfs finished anywhere near that early.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Because those values are when 70-80 exp was already nerfed by about 50%. I want the EXACT exp needed per level pre 3.3.5, pre cata, pre Ulduar.
    But those numbers are on both provided tables "Experience to level pre-4.3[...] This also shows the difference (percent change) in current XP requirements as compared to before Cataclysm.". So to get the numbers you want you just have to multiply the -20% values with 1.25 to get the pre-nerf numbers.