Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    I've noticed some people saying that Lighting Shield has been removed. I was just on my shaman last night using Lightning Shield it's still there. Don't fucking tell me they're getting rid of it in Legion. Please, no.

Is there going to be a Lightning Shield one too? I would assume so but knowing Blizzard they would make it exclusive to resto shamans.

Man I'm really getting tired of them removing so much shit from the game.
    AFAIK Lightning Shield is now Enhancement only.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

I'm not going to lie, I'm happy to get rid of the obnoxious floaty orb and the maintenance buff that I magically always seem to forget. I hated water shield and lightning shield both.

I'd like to keep the effects and have them available as toys, though. I get that a lot of people have really gotten used to their floaty balls, and I can't say it isn't justified since I didn't make my shaman until Cataclysm.

Deleted
    I dunno why you think lightning shield would become exclusive to Resto Shamans, haha.

But I'm glad we get to have the Water Shield visual as a toy - that's all I wanted. I don't mind losing the actual spell as long as we have the option to keep the visual if we want to. So that's all good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Water shield being removed makes me more sad than I was when mana tide totem was removed.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Deleted
    Sorry for off topic but with Earth Shield going to PvP, is it possible to both go up in PvP and PvE talents if you for instance want Earth Shield?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neps View Post
    I dunno why you think lightning shield would become exclusive to Resto Shamans, haha.

But I'm glad we get to have the Water Shield visual as a toy - that's all I wanted. I don't mind losing the actual spell as long as we have the option to keep the visual if we want to. So that's all good.
    If you were talking about me I meant only restoration getting an element orb toy. I know lighting is for enhancement and water is for resto I'm not that dumb. I was just saying knowing Blizzard they would have a water orb toy for resto and leave enhancement with nothing.

Anyway I think it's really stupid to get rid of these spells. Shamans are going to feel the same as other classes. I mean right now elemental shamans feel like mages and enhancement just feels like fury warriors with a couple spells. I wish they would make totems useful again like they were in WotLK instead of just being that short support item that you use from time to time. The totems are what make the shamans unique from other classes and these days I find myself hardly ever using them because they are pretty much useless most of the time. Now they're getting rid of another iconic shaman spell so now they're going to look even more of the same as other classes. Every class now are all starting to feel the same all because of this pruning bullshit. There's hardly anything that makes classes stand out from one another other than their max level ability.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-03-28 at 04:50 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Lightning Shield has not been removed so I don't know why you keep talking about it as if it has.
    A small orbiting ball which you can still have if you want it really didn't do much to differentiate you from another class either.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Lightning Shield has not been removed so I don't know why you keep talking about it as if it has.
    A small orbiting ball which you can still have if you want it really didn't do much to differentiate you from another class either.
    You're just taking the ability and dumbing it down. For a lot of people, including myself, lightning shield was a specific shaman characteristic, like elemental using int mail armor and a shield, and of course totems. I for one will miss this spell, along with all our totems we had during the BC days. Having a toy for the visual effect is cool and all, but I'll always prefer the spell version.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsierx View Post
    I loved the water shield and lightning shield. Totally sad about them being removed.

Maybe it's silly but it's one thing that caught my eye and made me want to be a Shaman.
    I'm the same. I *hate, hate, hate* that they're taking this away from us. The shields are part of the Shaman and has been since I can remember. I haven't read all the pages so if this has been answered please direct me.

For those who've played, how does this change play out? Do you find yourself missing it or not so much once you get into the expansion? I'm dreading this change come expansion but it's my favorite class to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude From Denmark View Post
    Sorry for off topic but with Earth Shield going to PvP, is it possible to both go up in PvP and PvE talents if you for instance want Earth Shield?
    No, pvp talents are only active in pvp enviroment.