Will this power supply and video card work in computer

Hi my old computer stopped working a few months ago, made a post about it but couldn't figure out was wrong with it. believe it was the motherboard that went out. So I wanted to take the video card out and powersupply and put into my other computer I got for my brother. Tried to put the videocard in it, but the power supply didn't have enough outlets on it. So will need to put my power supply in it aswel. I've changed small things on a computer but never had to change a power supply so not sure if it will work in this computer or if the video card will.

The power supply and video card are 700 Watts - XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX Ready Power Supply, and a R7850 video card

Not sure if you need the whole set up of both computers but here they are, and thanks again for any help.

Old computer

CPU: AMD Phenom™II X6 1075T Six-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology [+20]
    CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+15] (Red Color)
    FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)
    HDD: 64 GB Kingston 2.5 inch SATA Gaming MLC Solid State Disk [+33] (Single Hard Drive)
    HDD2: 750GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+58] (Single Hard Drive)
    MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
    Asus M4A87TD EVO AMD 870 Chipset CrossFireX Support DDR3 Socket AM3 ATX w/ 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, IEEE1394a, USB3.0, SATA-III, RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe X1, & 3 PCI
    POWERSUPPLY: 700 Watts - XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX Ready Power Supply [+10]
    R7850 video card

New Computer
    CPU: AMD A8-3850 2.90 GHz Quad-Core APU w/ Integrated Radeon HD 6550D
    CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+15] (Blue Color)
    FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
    HDD: 500GB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
    MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
    MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] MSI A75MA-G55 Chipset AMD Dual Graphics Support DDR3 Socket FM1 mATX w/ UEFI Bios, OC Genie, Winki 3 & 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, HDMI, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 1 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI
    POWERSUPPLY: 500 Watts - Standard Case Power Supply

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they both fit in the new case, I don't see anything that would prevent this change from working.

You may need to redo your graphics drivers if you're going from an nvidia card to the new one though. You didnt specify if the new system already had a standalone gpu or not.
    Last edited by Wrestler10307; 2016-02-03 at 07:02 PM.
    Desktop: Antec Twelve-Hundred v3| ASUS VH236H | i5-3570k @ 4.5 | MSI 660ti PE | AsRock z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill 1866 | Havik 140 | Vertex 3 90gb Boot ssd | Kingston 240gb ssd | 620w Antec | Logitech G500, G510, G930
    Laptop: ASUS U36JC-B2B Tablet: HP Touchpad 16gb | Asus Infinity 32gb
    Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i with 18-55mm IS & 75-300mm
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...en/Cc/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestler10307 View Post
    As long as they both fit in the new case, I don't see anything that would prevent this change from working.

You may need to redo your graphics drivers if you're going from an nvidia card to the new one though. You didnt specify if the new system already had a standalone gpu or not.
    Has a a pretty big case so they should fit fine, and it does not have a video card just the build in one in the cpu.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so before I started trying to unhook the power supply to everything from my old pc, I tried to fit the video card into my new computer and it will not fit, there is a sata 1 and sata 2 that is blocking it. I believe those are for the hard drives, I've got a 500 gig hard drive then a ssd in the computer. The sata 1 and sata 2 plugs are right in the way of the video card, but the sata 3,4,5 and 6 are placed on the side of the mother board. So I was wondering would I be able to plug the hard drives into those and leave the 1 and 2 with nothing plugged in, or do they have to be plugged in the 1 and 2?

You can use any of the sata ports available, there is no requirement to use them in order from 1, so yes use the side ones

Ok so I got the power supply in and computer is working fine. I installed the video card next but nothing on the computer is popping up for it, downloaded the amd auto detect driver, and tried using the amd vision control center but the only video card that is popping up is the Integrated Radeon HD 6550D that is in the cpu. The video card has power the fans are spinning on it, if I put my hdmi cord in it nothing pops up on the screen. So I'm not sure whats wrong with it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be a silly question, but have you tried checking your bios to see if anything was fishy on your pci settings or anything? Also, have you tried using only the new gpu as your display on system start, rather than trying to use integrated as well? Check that you have your display settings set to extend desktop rather than show desktop only on one monitor.

Next steps would be to download the correct driver for that specific card (don't use autodetect, because it might be just detecting your integrated and not the added card.) Uninstall ALL graphics drivers, reboot, then install the new drivers for the new card from your download.
    Desktop: Antec Twelve-Hundred v3| ASUS VH236H | i5-3570k @ 4.5 | MSI 660ti PE | AsRock z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill 1866 | Havik 140 | Vertex 3 90gb Boot ssd | Kingston 240gb ssd | 620w Antec | Logitech G500, G510, G930
    Laptop: ASUS U36JC-B2B Tablet: HP Touchpad 16gb | Asus Infinity 32gb
    Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i with 18-55mm IS & 75-300mm
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...en/Cc/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by 2s2p View Post
    Ok so before I started trying to unhook the power supply to everything from my old pc, I tried to fit the video card into my new computer and it will not fit, there is a sata 1 and sata 2 that is blocking it. I believe those are for the hard drives, I've got a 500 gig hard drive then a ssd in the computer. The sata 1 and sata 2 plugs are right in the way of the video card, but the sata 3,4,5 and 6 are placed on the side of the mother board. So I was wondering would I be able to plug the hard drives into those and leave the 1 and 2 with nothing plugged in, or do they have to be plugged in the 1 and 2?
    They can be plugged in anywhere, does not really matter. However, if you do want to leave them in 1 and 2 you could get somethng like these:
    http://www.officedepot.com/a/product...py4aAsc38P8HAQ